Anyone notice this???

4HCrew

as much as they could have been stop gaps just making a point. Also wasn't Kimo a pricey player? and what draft pick was given up for Barlow?

I was surprised about Ramsey especially because I thought Schotty could do something with him but I guess it is Clemens or bust behind Chad

as much as they could have been stop gaps just making a point. Also wasn't Kimo a pricey player? and what draft pick was given up for Barlow?

I was surprised about Ramsey especially because I thought Schotty could do something with him but I guess it is Clemens or bust behind Chad

I think it was a 4th.

Ramsey effectively played himself out of contention for PT last summer.

He supposedly has a good grasp of the offense, but doesnt execute it on the field.

Maybe they will do the same thing with him and Kimo- release and catch to avoid the roster bonus.

4th round for Barlow, it was reported it could of been as high as 2nd depending on his performance this past season.

Those are the misses, who are the hits? Dyson and... and...? Clements? Maybe, but he's a FA again, so he shouldn't count.

I don't think the staff was lloking into free agents fro the long aul last year. They wanted to see what we had on the roster already as for players. see who could work within their system and move on from there. Other than Dyson and possibly Ramsey I didn't see any significant signing who could have been looked at as being here for a few years.

All stopgap players:

stopgap - successor

Barlow - TBD

Teague - Mangold

Kimo - anyone else

Ramsey - Clemens

Thats a nice way of putting it...

We did give up multiple draft picks and a bunch of money for guys that wont even be here now though... I would have rather drafted a RB in the 4th round instead of Barlow, and taken a 6th round QB instead of Ramsey....

Teague would've been a good pick-up if he had been healthy.. then again, we still might not know for sure exactly what Nick Mangold could bring to the table, and he by far was our best rookie and our best player on the offensive line. I still would've liked to see Trey been brought back as Nick's back-up as well as a fill in starter for Kendall & Moore.

Last year, the Jets was supposed to be the **** of the NFL. Lead by unproven coaches and with CAP limitations.

Now, we are a up-and-coming team building a solid foundation, lead by quickly ascending coaches and with plenty of CAP space.

Let's see what Tangini can do under this circumstances.

Archived