So who is your first round upsets in the NCAA

shawn306

1) Winthrop over Notre Dame

2) Georgia Tech over UNLV

3) Gonzaga over Indiana

4) Texas Tech over Boston College

5) Long Beach State over Tennesse

2,3, and 5 I can see. notre Dame will not lose to Winthrop. Winthrop hasn't beaten anyone really. ND is an EE team. Book it.

BC looks to be good for at least 1 win.

As for others: Davidson over MD, Albany over Virginia, ODU over Butler, VCU over Duke, Gw over Vandy, Ceighton over Nevada.

Not saying they all will happen but all are distinct possibilities.

(11) Virginia Commonwealth over (6) Duke: The VCU Rams play 94 feet of hard-nosed, trap defense, and while most "cinderella" teams rely on 1 strong guard, VCU has 3 of them (Jesse Pellot-Rosa, B.A. Walker, and Eric Maynor). Duke has lost 7 of its last 11 and their fans are apathetic watching a team that really misses Shelden Williams on the blocks.

(11) Winthrop over (6) Notre Dame: Say what you want about the Big South, but Winthrop won every game they played in their conference and had zero bad nonconference losses. Notre Dame has had an up and down year and did not fully earn their 6th seed. Winthrop ends up in, at the very least, the Sweet 16 when all is said and done.

(12) Old Dominion over (5) Butler: Not really much of an upset, especially considering how badly the Butler Bulldogs played down the stretch. AJ Graves and co. looked tired in their Horizon Title game loss to Wright State. ODU, meanwhile, is deep, rested, and ready for a run. Watch out for Valdus Vasilyius, a Lithuanian big man for ODU, as well as solid play on both ends of the court from PG Drew Williamson.

(14) Oral Roberts over (3) Washington State: ORU already won @ Kansas earlier in the year, so a neutral site victory over an overrated PAC-10 squad is not a huge task to ask of them.

(14) Wright State over (3) Pittsburgh: This would be the biggest 1st round upset, by far, and it is certainly among the most improbable. But Raiders coach Brad Brownell has had led 2 different teams (UNCW and WSU) to the NCAA Tourney in 2 seasons (and his 3rd trip in 5 years) and will have his troops ready to play and make the knockout punch. RaShaun Wood was very impressive in the Horizon League championship, but don't forget about freshman G Vaughn Duggins, the # 2 scorer in Indiana HS basketball last year.

GW over Vandy

Winthrop over Notre Dame

Long Beach State over Tennessee

Arkansas over USC

Oral Roberts over Washington State

Gonzaga over whomever they play cause they're the Zags

GaTech over UNLV

(14) Oral Roberts over (3) Washington State: ORU already won @ Kansas earlier in the year, so a neutral site victory over an overrated PAC-10 squad is not a huge task to ask of them.

This one would really surprise me.

I gotta go with Wash St in my brackets

Gonzaga over whomever they play cause they're the Zags

They're not the Zags of old. They lost 3 times in the WCC and nearly got bounced in the WCC finale. If they hadn't won, they probably would not be dancing. While Indiana is not a daunting task for them in the 1st round, they had a much better RPI (28th compared to Gonzaga at 60) due to quality wins over Wisconsin, Southern Illinois, Michigan State, Purdue, and Illinois.

Gonzaga had 2 quality wins over UNC and Texas. They also played a monster nonconference schedule. However, they also lost WCC contests to St. Mary's, Loyola Marymount, and Santa Clara (at home).

ND didn't fully earn their #6 seed? Are you serious? Most prognosticators had them being a #4 seed and everyone says they were jobbed by getting the #6 seed. I love how everyone is picking against them. It's gonna be sweet when the Irish push Florida to the lmit in the Elite Eight. Winthrop lost to Maryland by 11. ND beat them by 7. ND took G'Town (a favorite to win the whole damn thing by some) to the wire and lost by two. Just wait and see. Don't sleep on the Irish when they're busting your brackets.

12 ODU over 5 Butler

11 Winthrop over 6 ND- Winthrop can go along way- I think thbye can be elite 8 material.

11 VCU over 6 duke

10 Gonzaga over 7 Indiana

12 Arkansas over 5 USC- I like teams that are criticiez for getting in, they usually play well in rd 1.

11 Stanford over 6 Louisville- Stanford is another team that has been criticized plus it's always safe to bet against BE tams come tourney time.

10 Creigthon over 7 Nevada

ND didn't fully earn their #6 seed? Are you serious? Most prognosticators had them being a #4 seed and everyone says they were jobbed by getting the #6 seed. I love how everyone is picking against them. It's gonna be sweet when the Irish push Florida to the lmit in the Elite Eight. Winthrop lost to Maryland by 11. ND beat them by 7. ND took G'Town (a favorite to win the whole damn thing by some) to the wire and lost by two. Just wait and see. Don't sleep on the Irish when they're busting your brackets.

ND, as most BE teams do, underachive come Tourney time plus Winthrop is a good team. They took the Heels to the limit in November although it was the Heels 2nd game of the year w/ a very young team.

ND, as most BE teams do, underachive come Tourney time plus Winthrop is a good team. They took the Heels to the limit in November although it was the Heels 2nd game of the year w/ a very young team.

ND is 3-0 in the first round of the NCAA tourney since 2000. Just FYI. Winthrop took a lot of teams to the limit. ND actually beat them.

ND is 3-0 in the first round of the NCAA tourney since 2000. Just FYI. Winthrop took a lot of teams to the limit. ND actually beat them.

ND didn't beat a team the caliber of North Carolina and Winthrop took us to the limit. ND beat MD and Marquette and only Marquette was ranked this week. Winthrop beat a decent Miss St team, they lost by 3 at Wisconsin where Pitt got throttled, they beat ODu who beat Georgetown at GU. Don't discount this team, they are good and they will be a tough out. ND needs to play just about their best game of the year to win this one.

Holy Cross over SIU....

Watch for HC to pick up where Bucknell left off from last years upsets. SIU has great D and HC has two great scorers in Simmons and Thomas, if those two can light up the floor and SIU struggles offensively....Holy Cross can win

I like Holy Cross, but they got a TOUGH draw with SIU. If SIU were in the Big 10 instead of the Missouri Valley Conference and had the same resume, they'd be a 2-seed, not a 4. I like SIU to win a close one, and advance as far as the Elite 8.

Archived