NFL.coms latest mock draft

BoomBoomMancini

We need a blocking TE... so unless he can plow over the LB's I will pass on that...

We need to take and O-line pick again with our 1st rounder...

round and round we go...i'm still for blalock...

so many busted TE's in the first, you can find them later.

Nevermind that post.

And with the 25th pick in the 2007 NFL draft, The New York Jets select Justin Blalock the OG out of Texas.

I'm going to stick with my guy.

That would be a big help for us, I like an O-line pick.

CB's are hit or miss and I would have loved Asante Samuel... but if a good CB slips to us we should snag them up...

Im not a draft expert... but I hear that Houston guy is pretty good and very fast.

Yeah thats what Bit and the draftdaddy guys were saying i believe. Houston or Blalock would be fine by me...unless somehow Carriker were to last, but the chances of that happened are slim and none.

I like the idea of a nice safe pick in Blalock. I don't really want to go cb. I would also consider Moss de if he is there. I think we have a chance at Carriker though. Some boards have him sliding. Who knows, it's a crap shoot, but fun to talk about. Except I guess with boomer. So since you already have it all figured out, you will be sparing us with your constant threads about nothing. You're like the Jerry Sienfield of jetnation

I like the idea of a nice safe pick in Blalock. I don't really want to go cb. I would also consider Moss de if he is there. I think we have a chance at Carriker though. Some boards have him sliding. Who knows, it's a crap shoot, but fun to talk about. Except I guess with boomer. So since you already have it all figured out, you will be sparing us with your constant threads about nothing. You're like the Jerry Sienfield of jetnation

I'm in total agreement with a safe pick over boom-or-bust. Particularly when the safe pick is at such a position of need & not at all a reach at #25.

The Jets will have more than one chance to get a really good G in this draft. But if an someone like Carriker or Moss on one of the better CBs fall to #25 then I think the Jets should take that guy. The falloff from Blalock to the next tier of Guards is much less than the falloff at, say, CB (there are only a handful of guys who had good college careers and were superfast in off season workouts).

This is especially true now that the Jets' second pick is in the bottom of the second round.

Acutally the more I read about Meacham WR, the more I like him. I know it isn't a need, but looking at the dropoff after him is huge. I think Blalock is a safe and need pick. But you are right if Moss or Carikker fall it would be silly not to take them. If all three of these guys are gone and the miami te is still there I wouldn't be opposed to trading down.

Acutally the more I read about Meacham WR, the more I like him. I know it isn't a need, but looking at the dropoff after him is huge. I think Blalock is a safe and need pick. But you are right if Moss or Carikker fall it would be silly not to take them. If all three of these guys are gone and the miami te is still there I wouldn't be opposed to trading down.

I like Meachem a lot too. I think Bit or R44-the draftdaddy.com guys- had some info that he has a lingering knee problem. Not something that would slow him down, he blazed pretty quick at the combine, but maybe a durability thing. Sort of like the back thing that knocked McNeil down last year.

Aaron Ross or Justin Blalock. We can wait until the second round to draft help for the front 7. This year's draft is deep at OLB and DE. Not so deep at Offensive Line. After Thomas, Brown, Blalock and Sears I don't see any other OT's worth taking.

I know you think we have to upgrade the OL, but the draft not being deep there doesn't necessarily mean we should jump up and grab an OL in the 1st. I'd rather have my pick of good defensive players and get the best fit than have my hand forced into picking an O lineman because he's the last half way decent one there.

Archived