Really no room for us to draft a DE now

TNJet

I wouldnt mind taking a late round guy with a bunch of upside. I think we have really loaded up w/ a bunch of mediocre guy who will hopefully compete for one spot and we will cut one or two. None of these guys will be our DE of the future so why not take a shot on a rookie and cut one of the older guys like Kimo?

I dont think we should necessarily take a DE but if something comes up late where we thing we have a potential starter of the future I would be fine with that.

You seem to forget why Tangini is doing what they are doing...

They want to fill the roster to the point where they fell comfortable going into 2007 with no more additions... thats why they brought in all of these DE's for TC... doesnt mean they make the team...

The reason they do this is so that they can take the BPA (Best Player Available) and you can rest assured they will not pass up on any defensive position becuase we have too many of that position... they will add one more.

They want to fill the roster to the point where they fell comfortable going into 2007 with no more additions... thats why they brought in all of these DE's for TC... doesnt mean they make the team...

The reason they do this is so that they can take the BPA (Best Player Available) and you can rest assured they will not pass up on any defensive position becuase we have too many of that position... they will add one more.

I'm all for BAP with our first rounder,but need the rest of the way.I think the WR popsition is the cream of the crop this year and I would love to have any one of the top 6,as I believe they are all 1st rd talents.Jarrett,Ginn Jr,Meachem or Bowe would be awsome imo.Its like the qb situation last season,those 3 were all great qb's imo and thats what made me want to snag one so badly,its almost like you get a cant miss out on feeling about some talents at draft day.Last year I wanted Cutler in the first,this year I want Jarrett or Bowe.Or even Meachem or Rice.

I would think all the DEs they're signing now are just insurance, it's not like they landed a real big name, so I can see them still drafting a DE.

Hey Ecurb, you got a good theory going as to what Tangini is planning on doing, but you make it sound as if you got some inside info we don't know about..;)

Pretty close to what I was gonna say.

Most of these guys are more about depth, the only one getting starters money is Coleman.

scrubs like wadsworth are only for depth, believe me, these signings are not changing the draft outlook for the jets, they still need young talent.

Mangini has already stated that Wadsworth is going to play OLB, the same with Bowens. AFAIK, the only DEs we have on the roster are Ellis, Kimo, Coleman, Haynes and Hamilton. If a DE is the most highly rated person on their board when they pick, I don't think they would hesitate to go that direction....

Mangini has already stated that Wadsworth is going to play OLB, the same with Bowens. AFAIK, the only DEs we have on the roster are Ellis, Kimo, Coleman, Haynes and Hamilton. If a DE is the most highly rated person on their board when they pick, I don't think they would hesitate to go that direction....

unless they could trade back...? :-k

People are speculating - incorrectly IMO - that the Jets are gonna play more 4-3 next year and have stockpiled DEs for this purpose. But I see it your way ---> Bowens and/or Wadsworth to backup Hobson (or the new OLB to be selected in the first round), replacing Spencer and Chatham (or at least competing with these guys). Hobson moves to ILB to either backup Vilma and Barton (replacing Kassel) or replace Barton if he is cut or traded.

scrubs like wadsworth are only for depth, believe me, these signings are not changing the draft outlook for the jets, they still need young talent.

Passed Carriker there aren't enough DE's to consider at 25, i'm sure there will be a few good late round picks. For whatever reason, I get the feeling that most of the new signings will make the team. Linebacker or CB are the only defensive positions i see us taking in the first, otherwise it will be OG, or RT.

I don't understand why people want a receiver? if it is bpa, then fine, but we have two good starters, with brad smith to back them up.

Passed Carriker there aren't enough DE's to consider at 25, i'm sure there will be a few good late round picks. For whatever reason, I get the feeling that most of the new signings will make the team. Linebacker or CB are the only defensive positions i see us taking in the first, otherwise it will be OG, or RT.

I don't understand why people want a receiver? if it is bpa, then fine, but we have two good starters, with brad smith to back them up.

I think because the prospects that will be there at 25 could easily turn out to be better NFL recievers than the 3 we have starting.Mainly Jarrett and Bowe.

Archived