Chiefs, veteran SS McGraw agree to deal

Smizzy

Chiefs, veteran SS McGraw agree to deal

NFL.com wire reports

For more info on McGraw

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (March 29, 2007) -- Free-agent strong safety Jon McGraw agreed to a two-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.

The 6-foot-3, 208-pound McGraw appeared in 16 games, starting in three, with Detroit in 2006. He had 19 tackles on defense and 17 on special teams.

He spent two years with the Lions after three years with the New York Jets, who drafted him out of Kansas State in the second round of the 2002 draft.

He has 12 career starts in 57 games, with three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

:confused0058: :confused0058: :rl: :rl:

:confused0058: :confused0058: :rl: :rl:

Talk about disappointment. I thought he was a great draft pick but the poor bastard could never stay healthy. Saaay did we ever get a draft pick from Detroit for him? I know there was a conditional pick consideration at the time.

He wasn't a bad player,but Edwards seems to have a prefrence for guys like him who put hits on ball carrier rather than simply tackling him, which I've never understood. As a 2nd rounder, he never became a fulltime starter, which is a failure. Plus McGraw was alway hurt.

More DBs, the idiot said!

It is amazing how many times this guy got hurt...the chiefs have made some decent moves on the defensive side of the ball

Hows that? signing three DB's that are judged in decades instead of years, isn't always a good solution.

Archived