Jets will draft DB but when?

bitonti

Alot of sites have the Jets drafting CB early. I agree they will probably use a first day pick at CB. The Jets don't need to use 1st round picks on overrated 25 year olds like Aaron Ross. The same player at the 2nd round pick sounds good but 25 is too high, looking at the CB market as a whole...

Asante Samuel was a 4th round pick coached by Eric Mangini. now he's an all world cornerback.

according to draftscout there will be about 5 guys all worth the pick around

the 50-60 slots (Josh Wilson, Marcus McCauley, Eric WRight, David Irons and Tarell Brown)

or later can take some guy no one's ever heard of like Calvin Bannister, Trevarious Bain, Kenny Scott and maybe turn him into the next Asante Samuel. take two if you feel it's a need!

the Jets are going to spend money at positions they cannot develop talent on the cheap.

That's offensive/defensive line. they will take a DB maybe 2 but probably not at 25.

Not too sure if I want them to, but I feel like they will go DB real early as in 1st round.

On a side note, I have a feeling Kenny Irons' bro is a guy they might target at CB if they wait a little, mostly because of the way he handled his interviews at the combine.

Bit I was thinking about this last night after watching a draft show on NFLN-what is the number of offensive and defensive players drafted before us to figure what we pick-in other words if there are 15 defensive players picked before we pick at 25 do we go offense? 15 offensive players before we pick do we go defense? Does that make sense?

hopefully some high profile pick slides to 25 and the jets are able to move down and add picks (maybe even an '08 1st). i really think that is the move tannenbaum will be looking at. if the jets can move down and add picks there should still be pleny of value at positions of need in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rds.

Bit I was thinking about this last night after watching a draft show on NFLN-what is the number of offensive and defensive players drafted before us to figure what we pick-in other words if there are 15 defensive players picked before we pick at 25 do we go offense? 15 offensive players before we pick do we go defense? Does that make sense?

it's a good question that makes sense. I don't think the numbers matter and here's why, on our top 100 board there is a real problem balancing offense and defense. the first round might be more equal distribution in terms of the units but overall the trend is clear: there are more defenders in the top 100 than offensive players. the ratio is about 2.5:1 on our board, we get 70-75 players correct each year. 88 is the most accurate in the land (Gosslin in 06)

That's what I'm talking about. Don't get the 4th or 5th best cb, de, or olb. Take the first best og or wr. Not saying I want a wr with our first pick.

Outside of a few players, this draft class doesn't really impress me. I would think that we trade for more picks. However, the question remains, what is the projections for next year's draft class. Would more picks next year = more value?

more picks will be key next year with the jets drafting 32nd in each rd.

here's a name for people actually reported in cimini's last article as being watched very closely by mangini

courtney brown db cal poly

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=21669

Wow, a beast physically. I knew he was fast but I didn't realize he was that big.

Apparently he has great intangibles, can see why Mangini likes him and at least he has the talent to go along with it. To bad he's so raw and played against D-II schools.

I wouldn't mind him early 2nd day, maybe late 1st day. Could be a steal if coached up. Maybe a poor man's Antonio Cromartie?

Alot of sites have the Jets drafting CB early. I agree they will probably use a first day pick at CB. The Jets don't need to use 1st round picks on overrated 25 year olds like Aaron Ross. The same player at the 2nd round pick sounds good but 25 is too high, looking at the CB market as a whole...

Asante Samuel was a 4th round pick coached by Eric Mangini. now he's an all world cornerback.

according to draftscout there will be about 5 guys all worth the pick around

the 50-60 slots (Josh Wilson, Marcus McCauley, Eric WRight, David Irons and Tarell Brown)

or later can take some guy no one's ever heard of like Calvin Bannister, Trevarious Bain, Kenny Scott and maybe turn him into the next Asante Samuel. take two if you feel it's a need!

the Jets are going to spend money at positions they cannot develop talent on the cheap.

That's offensive/defensive line. they will take a DB maybe 2 but probably not at 25.

Somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds but I still think we go OG in the 1st round. Hopefully Blalock but if he's gone I'd be just as happy with Ben Grubbs.

Somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds but I still think we go OG in the 1st round. Hopefully Blalock but if he's gone I'd be just as happy with Ben Grubbs.

I wouldn't mind seeing us take say the 2nd or 3rd best offensive lineman coming out of college-it protects tha QB and makes our running game that much more effective...

Does anybody else have a sneaking suspicion that we take a DE? I mean all these signings and stockpiling of defensive ends would make the rest of the league figure "well, we KNOW the Jets ain't gonna take a DE" and then leave a good one sitting there in our face at 25 and we snag him...

I wouldn't mind seeing us take say the 2nd or 3rd best offensive lineman coming out of college-it protects tha QB and makes our running game that much more effective...

Does anybody else have a sneaking suspicion that we take a DE? I mean all these signings and stockpiling of defensive ends would make the rest of the league figure "well, we KNOW the Jets ain't gonna take a DE" and then leave a good one sitting there in our face at 25 and we snag him...

Not out of the realm of possibility but as with any other pick, I think it will depend ALOT on who's still available at #25.

Not out of the realm of possibility but as with any other pick, I think it will depend ALOT on who's still available at #25.

and that's the thing they've been stressing ARod-they don't want to have to draft from a position of need-I'm sure it'll be BPA at whatever position except (IMO) the skill ones-MAYBE a WR-very doubtful a QB or RB

and that's the thing they've been stressing ARod-they don't want to have to draft from a position of need-I'm sure it'll be BPA at whatever position except (IMO) the skill ones-MAYBE a WR-very doubtful a QB or RB

I think they will draft BPA in the following positions whether they need to move up or down to do so and not in any order.

WLBCBGWRTE

Archived