The unofficial what position do you want the Jets to take with the first pick

faba

Cornerback. We have everything else we need in the 34 defense except a damn Cornerback. Okay, maybe you can make the case for a NT but there is none there at 25 and Robertson looked good at times last season, lets give him one more year. As for OLB? We already have 37 of them. Cornerback is what we NEED.

Cornerback. We have everything else we need in the 34 defense except a damn Cornerback. Okay, maybe you can make the case for a NT but there is none there at 25 and Robertson looked good at times last season, lets give him one more year. As for OLB? We already have 37 of them. Cornerback is what we NEED.

Wasn't it you that said Miller could have a break out year? Either way, i think Miller is going to have a good year next year, and think we can take a Corner later in the draft.

I'm a Blalock fan, but would be happy if we could get a good DE.

BAP

I'd like to go cornerback if Revis is there, but I'm not gonna take Aaron Ross because we need a cornerback.

I wouldnt want to take Blalock at 25 either, as we can get good guards after the 1st rd. Only in a trade down from 25 would I take Blalock, unless he is somehow and extremely low odds, the BAP.

I'd definitely consider Greg Olsen if he's the BAP.

DE/OLB is a possibility, but like OG , we can get another after the 1st round. And I doubt Jarvis Moss is sitting there at 25.

1. Guard 2. CB 3. DE/OLB

I put guard at the top of the list because our O-line is undersized.

I think you have the Jets needs in the right order but I would draft them in the reverse order. If an impact DE/OLB is there at #25 then the Jets have to go for it. The right guy can single handedly transform a defense. If Brian Thomas is the real deal and continues to improve and the Jets get a consistently good pass rusher opposite him then the Jets defense will immediately be better. They desperately need a starting calibre CB and one, if not two, big run blocking Guards but they can get the Guard later and CB, IMO, is a hard position to predict - NFL rules a are funky and NFL receivers are big and fast. Its not that I wouldnt draft a CB in the first round but all things being equal I'd prefer the OLB (say, Spencer or Moss over Ross if they are all there at #25).

I want the jets to move up and grab Levi Brown. Solid bookend offensive tackles on the oline for a long time could reap some major dividends for a loooong time.

Not sure what it would take to move up to around 15 where he's projected to go. Any possibility he just drops like McNeil did last year? I didn't at all expect McNeil to fall to the 2nd round last year but it happened.

Edit: I keep calling him "Levi Jones" but he is already in the NFL.

I want the jets to move up and grab Levi Brown. Solid bookend offensive tackles on the oline for a long time could reap some major dividends for a loooong time.

Not sure what it would take to move up to around 15 where he's projected to go. Any possibility he just drops like McNeil did last year? I didn't at all expect McNeil to fall to the 2nd round last year but it happened.

Edit: I keep calling him "Levi Jones" but he is already in the NFL.

Offensive line is always good, I would be very happy with an Oline pick.

I'm laughing my ass off at this "Best player avaiable" nonsense. We have a few holes that need to be filled, we are not the New England Patriots here. Sorry to burst some of your bubbles.

I'm laughing my ass off at this "Best player avaiable" nonsense. We have a few holes that need to be filled, we are not the New England Patriots here. Sorry to burst some of your bubbles.

huh? The fact that we ARE NOT the Patriots is why we should draft BAP.

The Jets, unlike the Patriots, are not close to a superbowl where we can say "Get the cornerback and we're off!!!", no we need many players at many positions, this is why we should go BAP, not try to just fill a need.

Aside from C, LT, FS and RB the Jets should go BAP in the 1st 2 rounds without question.

huh? The fact that we ARE NOT the Patriots is why we should draft BAP.

The Jets, unlike the Patriots, are not close to a superbowl where we can say "Get the cornerback and we're off!!!", no we need many players at many positions, this is why we should go BAP, not try to just fill a need.

Aside from C, LT, FS and RB the Jets should go BAP in the 1st 2 rounds without question.

So QB is an option? What happened to you fellow Kellen follower?;-)

The Jets NEED to go Cornerback, right side of the offensive line and Inside Linebacker with their first 3 selections.

So QB is an option? What happened to you fellow Kellen follower?;-)

The Jets NEED to go Cornerback, right side of the offensive line and Inside Linebacker with their first 3 selections.

I dont see Quinn or Russell there at 25, do you? :cool:

.........I'd still consider taking Quinn at 25, fwiw. Clemens is not a sure thing, no QB is. I want to see Clemens start in 2007 for reasons we both know about, but Quinn is just a better prospect. If 1 pans out, you trade the other.

The Jets NEED to go BAP. Drafting for need has always lead to more busts than going by BAP, hence the term BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER.

Take the best player available at 25 (C, LT, RB, FS aside), thats the way to go. If Alan Branch is at 25, you'd take Aaron Ross over him because we need a cornerback? Hell no, right?

Would you take Dwayne Bowe over Aaron Ross? I sure as hell would not.

Take the best player available at 25 (C, LT, RB, FS aside), thats the way to go. If Alan Branch is at 25, you'd take Aaron Ross over him because we need a cornerback? Hell no, right?

Would you take Dwayne Bowe over Aaron Ross? I sure as hell would not.

I would take Ross over Bowe anyday with Coles & Cotchery in house. As for Branch, if he was there at 25 or we didn't have to give up much to move up and select him, then I'd take him but theres no way he's there at 25.

If its Blalock, Ross, J.Moss or Bowe, I'm going Ross.

Archived