Sam Adams released by Cincy

Greenseed3

I would love to know what they really think of all the new D Lineman they brought in this offseason. As a fan you have to say bring in a guy like Adams. It looks like they need a big body. But they line played much better later in the year, DRob especially. With another year in the system and improved play at DE maybe they aren't as far off as we think. Would Adams make it through Mangini's camp?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to know what they really think of all the new D Lineman they brought in this offseason. As a fan you have to say bring in a guy like Adams. It looks like they need a big body. But they line played much better later in the year, DRob especially. With another year in the system and improved play at DE maybe they aren't as far off as we think. Would Adams make it through Mangini's camp?

I would rather him get come in and fail camp, than to never come in.

i love the moves they have made bringing in coleman and haynes. but we still need a backup nt. i do not want to see robertson backed up by pouha, etc.

i love the moves they have made bringing in coleman and haynes. but we still need a backup nt. i do not want to see robertson backed up by pouha, etc.

I am curious what they think of Pouha as well. If they pass on Adams I guess that means they are happy with him. Because Sugar Shane Mosley ain't cutting it as a backup NT.

There's only one way to find out and they wouldn't have to pay a lot to take a chance. If he doesn't make it, they cut him and eat the small guaranteed part of his slightly above veteran minimum contract. If he does make it, he could be a good part of the D-Line rotation and maybe teach some of the younger guys a trick or two.

Maybe he can give D'Brick some diet advice.

There's only one way to find out and they wouldn't have to pay a lot to take a chance. If he doesn't make it, they cut him and eat the small guaranteed part of his slightly above veteran minimum contract. If he does make it, he could be a good part of the D-Line rotation and maybe teach some of the younger guys a trick or two.

I like the last thing you wrote ther fuel...he could be a mentor the way that Bobby Hamilton is.BHam really impressed me Christmas night going over and psyching up and slapping hands or hugging each and every player and coach in warm-ups-in the RAIN...

latest on Sam Adams

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/content/sports/stories/2007/05/18/rumblings0518.ART_ART_05-18-07_C3_TT6OM58.html

Given Sam Adams' problems with weight -- last year he reported to the Bengals at 375 pounds -- it would be natural to assume that the defensive tackle was recently cut by Cincinnati because he was in poor shape again.

Adams weighed in for the start of the team's offseason conditioning program at 347 pounds, a little more than the 335 they wanted him at for the start of training camp, but not in the scale's stratosphere.

Adams wasn't the difference-maker the Bengals had hoped he would be, in part because of his weight problems and knee problems. He had offseason knee surgery, and club officials probably expected him to report in the same weight range he was in last year, which would certainly have justified them cutting him.

Because he came in at a svelte 347, some observers were surprised he was cut and not John Thornton. Thornton works hard, but he is a little undersized and doesn't have Adams' track record or potential.

So if his knees are ok, I dont see why he wouldnt be a good option.

How do you know that Pouha is garbage when he hasn't seen the field because of injury? Lets see if he can stay healthy and play in the regular season this year and if he can how he does before proclaiming him garbage.

Mosley is better suited for the 43, yes, but he played some 34 NT last season and wasn't completely horrible when giving Robertson a breather.

Sam Adams is not the same player he was that he is now at 34. Roberston is going to be the starting NT again this season and like Vilma this could be the year he has to prove himself or he like Vilma, could very well be out the door by the Draft Day '08.

Lets be honest anybody expecting anything from Pouha is being extremely optomistic.

Personal Opinion is that Sam Adams isn't a bad guy to bring in because he would give us some flexibility in tterms of a making a rotation and being able to move players around.

1st downs maybe we have Sam Adams at NT DROb at DE with Ellis and then we rotate DRob down to Nose and cycle in Coleman.

I think Sam Adams even at 34 can still line up and be a two gap player and add some much needed size to our Defense.

Sam Adams is a waste of space, literally, and a waste of money. Robertson, for the most part, played well down the stretch last season and should be given a chance in Year 2 of the 34 front. Adams is 34 years old, has lost some strength and aggressiveness and is on the decline, not on the incline of his career.

No thanks.

I'll stick with Robertson and Pouha for '07 and see what Pouha can do when healthy. Hopefully, he will be. If not, Mosley is not a horrible option for 10 snaps a game.

Sam Adams is a waste of space, literally, and a waste of money. Robertson, for the most part, played well down the stretch last season and should be given a chance in Year 2 of the 34 front. Adams is 34 years old, has lost some strength and aggressiveness and is on the decline, not on the incline of his career.

No thanks.

I'll stick with Robertson and Pouha for '07 and see what Pouha can do when healthy. Hopefully, he will be. If not, Mosley is not a horrible option for 10 snaps a game.

Aren't you scared that Pouha was 33 when he graduated from college? That is a long time for undergrad.

:fighting0050:

If he gets hurt again he will be eligible for the NFL pension before actually playing in a game!

Aren't you scared that Pouha was 33 when he graduated from college? That is a long time for undergrad.

If he gets hurt again he will be eligible for the NFL pension before actually playing in a game!

Sure he's 33, but it's a young 33. He doesn't have much game mileage on him. No wear and tear. Fresh legs are very important.

I thought he was somewhere between 24-26 when he graduated from Utah.:character42:

Archived