All this talk about the curse of the Sox, Cubs, Redsox... What about the JEts?

It took one of the best QB's ever in Joe Namath to bring us a Superbowl... Was it even called a superbowl back then? The sox been to the WS's, the Cubs been to the WS's, and damn them Red Sox broke the curse of the babe... What about the Jets? Why no talk of the curse? Is it because everyone would jinx the curse and the Jets would actually not only make the AFC Championship game but the damn Superbowl... As Jet fans we have been in denial for all these years and no talk of a curse, always... Next year because we are the best sports fans around if you ask me. But im so serious... There is a curse over this Jets franchise, and no1 wants to talk about it.

Well the Curse is coming to an end... And the Pats dynasty died this year when they went and drafted R.Moss and lost C.Dillon... I think the Dynasty been over since Adam left. How many rings does Brady have since then?

But this is the year with the Jets break the curse.

C.Pennington only has to manage games better than Rex Grossman. Chad will be back to his old form in the Red-zone with a year of practice and focusing on just football... With players such as... Leon Washington who is always a threat on Screens, Reverses, Draws, Passes in the flat, play-action and he can run the ball pretty damn good in my eyes... I seen him while he was the ACC Player of the year with FSU and I feel he is going to be a better all around player than Dunn. His ability to adapt to the NFL has been much better than Dunn's fist couple of seasons with Tampa.

J.Cotchery... Some people love to hate herm, sometimes I hate him also but I also know that he knows and has alot of people around him that know more than me. Say what you want about J.Cotchery and the Herm situation... But Herm had him in the dog-house... He could have had his head down and stoped trying, or he could impress Mangini and company... Thank you Herm for making Cotch what he is today... A Superstar in the making

T.Jones... We all know about his ability to be the leader on the offensive side of the ball... We all know he is a running back who will give it his all... I was so glad when Tampa let him go because I hate the Bucs... But at the same time im so pumped up about him running for the JEts... All I have to say is 2 words... LEON WASHINGTON. He is going to have a BREAK-OUT season because of this man in Thomas Jones who is going to be a work-horse and Leon Neon is going to be the player who benefits the most.

Brick may be an All-Pro this season, if not... Hey what can we say? He was a rookie last season and kept Chad alive, this year he may just be that much better and actually keep Chad clean from the Left side... For a Quarterback who is righ handed LT is the position that is really important because it's the blind side... And we found our self an All-Pro LT for years to come... For Chad and Maybe for Kellen.

Mangold... I was upset and pissed off as a Sports fan... Lost in my own mind knowing that Kevin is now a Dolphin... Well guess what? When Mangini drafted Mangold in the 1st round, I was like WHO? I wanted tha fancy pick like the Leon pick in the 4th round, but not in the 2nd round, I honestly wanted Deangelo.Williams or M.Jones-Drew, but im now glad we got leon in the 4th. But after watching Mangold perform last season, ROY if you ask me in terms of helping a team win. Reggie was amazing in when it comes to high-lights... Man MANGOLD is a Real MAN when it comes to Football, and we STRUCK GOLD with Mangini and ManGold.

B.Smith... He can throw, Run, Catch, Reverse, Fake reverse, Reverse pass back to the QB, Chad goes back to Brad for a 80 yard TD at the end of the 1st Q. Call him the JETS SLASH... One who is going to be a threat like K.Stewart with the Steelers, only thing is... He will not be throing INT's, he is going to be a better WR than Stewart ever was. Im telling you, he can be what the Bears B.Berry is... A Speed Burned and Deep threat as a WR. But I think and know if Mangini uses this kid right, he can be a big time playmaker... He is already working on Running back drilles, QB drills, Speed drills, and WR skills... He is working hard to become a special player, because he already is one.

Coles- We all know what he's about. He is a warrior. Since he was a kid he has been one TOGH S.O.B, you can see it in the way he plays. Some Jet fans down him because he is vocal, and he expresses himself in a way that not everyone else does. But he is a man, and he is playing a mans game... And Ill take Coles over any WR in the NFL when it comes to being a team player (Just ask Chad) and doing what ever it takes to win games. BB and Brady wish they had Coles, instead they have R.Moss who will take plays or even games off when things aint going perfect (In his own eyes) no matter what he may never be happy. He had it made with the Vikings... The FANS LOVED HIM... Did he care?

Houston... Did you see the way he ran at the end of last season? May not be D.Hester in terms of speed, but this guy is better than a #3 spot on the roster as a Running-Back. Look for Mangini to use him in some 3rd and short, goal-line situations in the 2nd half when defenses are worn-down and make some productive plays for this team. We all know it seems like you need 2 running backs in todays NFL to win games, we have 2 in Leon and Thomas... But we may start a new trend and sports writers around the world may notice 3 is even better than 2.

And you never know that Stucey WR I think his name is... Is looking like he can be a bright spot on this team. On the offensive side of the ball, its starting to look like we are built for success. And we also have a GREAT OC in Martys boy calling the shots... Someone who is young, but at the same time wise beyond his own years. He was BORN INTO A FAMILY of Football information. I will be sad to see him leave in the next 2-3 seasons.

On the defensive side of the ball... We are looking almost as good as the O side of the ball... Our Secondary is going to be strong with Rhodes, Revis, Dyson, Miller (He made a mistake, get over it), D.Coleman, and E.Coleman.

LB's will be special with Barton, Vilma, Harris, Bryan Thomas, Hobson, and pleny more deph players... In the 3-4, you can never have enough LB's. Why do you think Mangini has done what he has done? To=Competion in training camp and see who can and cant last.

And on the D-Line Ellis really holds it down.. And he still has alot of strong years in him. Robertson from Kentucky is just now starting to shyne. He is becoming a top 12 DT in the NFL. And anything other than KIMO will be an upgrade.

KR- I really hope J.Miller

PR- Revis all the way.

K-Nugent

P-Grahm

I never been this excited for a team. We will give NE a run for they money. We are built for success from the ground up.

You speak the truth, with everything you mentioned plus the fact the jets are hungry and have a years worth of experience now in the new system and the key holes pluged, this could our year, I really think starting in game one we are going to see a championship team.

You speak the truth, with everything you mentioned plus the fact the jets are hungry and have a years worth of experience now in the new system and the key holes pluged, this could our year, I really think starting in game one we are going to see a championship team.

The first person to notice that I put alot of thought into what I was saying.

Because you decided to put your "2 cents" in

i dont beleive in any curses. and niegther should you if your a normal person

I hope that was sarcastic... otherwise your just being a complete ******* for no reason...

how can that be sarcasm. and if i am whatever you censored out. than you beleive in this voodoo horse crap. and your no different than me

I'm 100% sure it was a joke, a reference to a previous thread.

If you're talking about my thread, which im sure you are, the reason i posted the thread i did was because when i first came here, i won a post of the week with a thread about the Jets being cursed, so i felt it was time to do a follow up. And i made it fun, by comparing players from the sox to the jets, and it was meant to be a little fun. But hey, Im useless on this site too, so who cares why i type, right?

I think it's over 100 years for the Cubs..1907 or something.

They have not won a World Series since 1908, but they last went to the WS in 1945, losing the series to the Tigers. They have actually won an impressive 10 NL pennants in franchise history, but none since 1945.

My father (who actually went to the first ever Titans game in 60') told me once that there was always an urban legend that when Leon Hess took controlling interest on the team, that one of the other shareholders that used to share with him placed a curse on the team. Probably a bunch of crap, but whatever.

As far as the this is our year stuff? I'll wait to see if we're still playing into mid-January. I seem to remember 99', and 04' being our year's also and we all know how that ended. Funny how one achilles tendon can ruin an entire season.

If you're talking about my thread, which im sure you are, the reason i posted the thread i did was because when i first came here, i won a post of the week with a thread about the Jets being cursed, so i felt it was time to do a follow up. And i made it fun, by comparing players from the sox to the jets, and it was meant to be a little fun. But hey, Im useless on this site too, so who cares why i type, right?

I was talking about the one where I said the same thing about defensewinsnothing making a useless thread a few hours before this one was made.

Archived