Get Out of Banned Free Card

who would you bring back?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who would you bring back?

Says a guy with 9,000 posts in half a year.

Yes, on MY teams board... and the ONLY board I post on...

That dumbass was racking up 10's of thousands of posts on multiple board for OTHER TEAMS...

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The kid has a point, this whole "the new posters mostly suck" attitude is getting a little thin. As one of the OG's, the facts of the matter, at the end of the day are:

1-More posters = better board

2-More posters = more activity = better board

3-More posters = more opinions = better discussions

4-The newbs are mostly jets fans, and even if they feel differently about some players, they are still jets fans, and this is a site created by jets fans for jets fans

5-If there were no newb posters, the original 20 or so of you who were here from day one that are still active would make for an extremely boring site

6-It would be cool to bring back TX and TomShane, the ying and yang

7-The mods are gays

8-I have a crush on Garb

Well put.... ;)

The kid has a point, this whole "the new posters mostly suck" attitude is getting a little thin. As one of the OG's, the facts of the matter, at the end of the day are:

4-The newbs are mostly jets fans, and even if they feel differently about some players, they are still jets fans, and this is a site created by jets fans for jets fans

5-If there were no newb posters, the original 20 or so of you who were here from day one that are still active would make for an extremely boring site

7-The mods are gays

POTW nom

I don't consider you a "noob." Did someone call you that?

i don't know that anyone directly calls someone that. its just implied. i have scene Ecurb beging called a newb, he has double my posts and was here in i think Nov., which is when i started posting, despite my profile saying i was here in august. So if ecurb is a newb, than i certainly am. I do like this site, or else i wouldn't come back, i think the banter between pats and jets fans is the best since i don't get that out where i live. The verbal slights on something so trivial is pretty old.

most would agree i imagine.

That dumbass was racking up 10's of thousands of posts on multiple board for OTHER TEAMS...

I was going to say the same thing in defense of you. You may be a bit of a post whore but at least you're actually a Jets fan. :P;)

Tx is still only behind Max and Smizzy in overall posts and he got banned about 6 months ago. It's not hard to make that many posts when they only consist of about 2 different sentences.

I was going to say the same thing in defense of you. You may be a bit of a post whore but at least you're actually a Jets fan. :P;)

Tx is still only behind Max and Smizzy in overall posts and he got banned about 6 months ago. It's not hard to make that many posts when they only consist of about 2 different sentences.

Dont get your panties in a wad

Dumbass.

If I am a post whore... who the hell knows what that makes Smizzy!

TX has 27,000 posts in, what, four years, on JI.

He had 15,000 here in two years.

Care to guess what your post count after 6 years will look like?

I really don't give a damn what fan of a team you are. TX was invited here, he did not just show up. If you want to label him a loser for his post count, you should take a look in the mirror first, Mr. Pot.

TX has 27,000 posts in, what, four years, on JI.

He had 15,000 here in two years.

Care to guess what your post count after 6 years will look like?

I really don't give a damn what fan of a team you are. TX was invited here, he did not just show up. If you want to label him a loser for his post count, you should take a look in the mirror first, Mr. Pot.

I dont run around screaming noodle arm, picking fights, and calling people dumbass...

Thats the point which you are having a hard time understanding...

People think TX's post count makes him a loser because he spend 3/4 of those posts doing the above...

He is also on other teams websites pulling the same ****...

7-The mods are gays

More posters = better board? I don't see it that way at all. Quality over quantity

More posters = more activity = better board? I don't see it that way at all. Again, quality over quantity. The only thing this may accomplish is putting an additional $1.59 in Max's pocket so he can make a grand total of $3.29 a month.

More posters = more opinions = better discussions. True, if there is quality...unless people forget the dreaded lolSC.

Ya know, I never had a problem with TX, I did think he had some good insight and definitely did have knowledge, and I am not for banning anyone because of their opinions, but it is kinda odd that a fan of another team has SO MANY posts on jets boards. I wonder if he has a similar amount of posts on pats fan boards. Let me ask you all, how much time do you spend posting on a rival teams boards? Lets say 10%, although i bet for most it is far less. Now if that is the case, is TX's post count here 10% of his post count on pats boards? And although i do believe he posted some good or at least meaningful stuff, do you think the majority of those 10,000 or whatever posts where meaningful and insightful since you want to bash a jets fan(ecurb) who posts a lot but supposedly nothing of value? Even if half his posts were quality posts, which may be a stretch, that still leaves 5,000 or more posts of crap or baiting and antagonizing jets fans. My point here is not to label TX a troll or bad guy, but to put back into perspective that some newer posters here are maybe getting a bit of a bad wrap.

More posters = better board? I don't see it that way at all. Quality over quantity

More posters = more activity = better board? I don't see it that way at all. Again, quality over quantity. The only thing this may accomplish is putting an additional $1.59 in Max's pocket so he can make a grand total of $3.29 a month.

More posters = more opinions = better discussions. True, if there is quality...unless people forget the dreaded lolSC.

You clearly know nothing about message boards and how the internet works.

Joebaby hit the nail on the head, no matter how you try to spin it.

I think I'm thankful. I don't want to know how they work.

I post here because I have actual friends here and we banter. I also post at Pats sites - the "rah-rah" and the forbidding of a rivals fans opinion is nauseating.

Hey Garb, you of course are entitled to your opinion, but i am sticking to my post.

One thing though, if none of these "newbs" were around, it would probably get pretty quiet and lonely and boring with the same 20 or so people chatting back and forth, and I doubt there would still be a JN if that were the case.

If this place was all the same people who signed up in February of 05 and in the couple months after that it would get boring real fast.

Also, you seem to like harping about the new posters here who you don't think are very good. Well if you're going to talk about them you should at least name names besides ecurb, but just sitting there and saying you don't like some posters is just being whiny and doesn't add much to the discussion.

dude, she just disagrees with anything i think, whatev, i think my post was pretty undebatable and most people here would agree.

Right on.

More posters does not necessarily equal more opinions and this is an example of that. Most of the new posters just tow the company line. Chad Pennington is a good QB. Thomas Jones is a beast. We had a great draft. The Pats are going down. Randy Moss will be the death of them! All the same.

The fact that 124 and myself, two long-time Jets posters, are now considered two of the "heels" of the forum says a lot. It's pretty sad that being objective now makes you "less of a fan" in the eyes of some.

I dont run around screaming noodle arm, picking fights, and calling people dumbass...

Thats the point which you are having a hard time understanding...

People think TX's post count makes him a loser because he spend 3/4 of those posts doing the above...

He is also on other teams websites pulling the same ****...

No, instead you run around posting dumb pictures/smileys, picking fights with people that don't agree that Chad Pennington is a God, and then calling those people "haters".

Hey Garb, you of course are entitled to your opinion, but i am sticking to my post.

One thing though, if none of these "newbs" were around, it would probably get pretty quiet and lonely and boring with the same 20 or so people chatting back and forth, and I doubt there would still be a JN if that were the case.

This place was FUN then. You see, you missed some "real" drama....none of this bring back TX stuff. You would have loved it. Trust me.

Speaking of which - I think I am in the vast majority: check out the poll. People actualy want TX back - you included.

Right on.

More posters does not necessarily equal more opinions and this is an example of that. Most of the new posters just tow the company line. Chad Pennington is a good QB. Thomas Jones is a beast. We had a great draft. The Pats are going down. Randy Moss will be the death of them! All the same.

The fact that 124 and myself, two long-time Jets posters, are now considered two of the "heels" of the forum says a lot. It's pretty sad that being objective now makes you "less of a fan" in the eyes of some.

So only your opinion is the truly objective and therefore correct one?

Yeah I can't imagine why people might be annoyed by that attitude.

Right on.

Your wrong... and you forget that POV is just blind faith in the team... which does not make them any less of a fan.

With messageboards the more people you have the more opinions you will get... its really that simple, even though most will agree on some thing... every has different views and different levels of like/hate for players.

Those new posters that come in with the usual "I love every JETS player" routine.. were hoping to find a nice cool JETS website to talk about the JETS on and enjoy their team...

This place was FUN then. You see, you missed some "real" drama....none of this bring back TX stuff. You would have loved it. Trust me.

Speaking of which - I think I am in the vast majority: check out the poll. People actualy want TX back - you included.

That's some interesting spin. People "want" Tx back when having to choose between BoomBoom, Oktaren, and Kloogy.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29247&page=3

I'll post that link again as a reminder of why this guy was banned, for being a lying good-for-nothing troll who disrespected and lied to Max.

No, instead you run around posting dumb pictures/smileys, picking fights with people that don't agree that Chad Pennington is a God, and then calling those people "haters".

I post dumb smileys in the lounge 90% of the time... and the smileys are here for a reason USE THEM.

I dont call anyone a Chad hater anymore... I dont care

I also do not pick fights with people that disagree, I argue my side... just like you are doing... problem is... you cant handle it when someone says your wrong...

I think I'm thankful. I don't want to know how they work.

I post here because I have actual friends here and we banter. I also post at Pats sites - the "rah-rah" and the forbidding of a rivals fans opinion is nauseating.

I am familiar with your postings on those boards, very insightful football talk by the way, lolSC

(by the way, your suggestion of an elitist forum is kinda funny, lolSC)

Theresa aka Garbanza of PatsFans.com: Tom Brady could quite possibly be the best looking QB in the league... Wait... Actually, he IS the best looking QB in the league. I met him once, and spoke briefly. Jesus, he is beautiful, but in a 15 year old baby-face. I could go to jail for thinking this kind of way.

Christian Fauria could quite possibly be the best looking TE in the league...Wait... Actually, he IS the best looking TE in the league. I met him too, and spoke briefly. Jesus, he is beautiful, in that... Oh yeah baby! Kind of way.

The Horse faces, (I mean Colts players) should go DOWN BIG if your only source for judgement and prediction is the "Cute Factor" factor. No contest, Pats win!

Can we replace his head (which would include that big mouth and tiny brain) and keep the body? :)

No offense Ladies - but 'yall crazy if you think the good looking men of the NFL play for the Green and White. Hands down, the Patriots have the best lookin' roster around. Feast your eyes on Fauria, Brady, Vinatieri, Milloy, Colvin, Pfifer.....shall I go on?

:)..............Anyone, regardless of sexual orientation, that would say that McGraw, for example, is better looking than either Fauria or Brady or Milloy or Colvin is um....blind. :D....................Check out her "Hot Boys" section.....you'll see Law and Milloy's mugs there. I tend to appreciate the american-pie, pretty with a little edge look than the "exotic" stuff you gals enjoy. Hey, to each his own. It makes the world go 'round....

I have a better idea. Maybe we should have Ian start an "Elitist" forum. One person can annoint themself the president and they can decide which posters are worthy of being a member of the "Elitist" forum. That way the few who have such a problem with what people type can have a safe haven and all of us common folk can be left to post in peace.

Bravo Alk! This stuff is ridiculous! May as well call it the Elitist-Homer Forum where there is a sub-division called "I've been a fan since 2001."

I post dumb smileys in the lounge 90% of the time... and the smileys are here for a reason USE THEM.

I dont call anyone a Chad hater anymore... I dont care

I also do not pick fights with people that disagree, I argue my side... just like you are doing... problem is... you cant handle it when someone says your wrong...

I guess that's why you were always crying and whining about me during the playoffs last year when I would bash Chad. Remember the Bears/Saints game thread? And the threads after the Colts/Pats game? Go read them. See who "couldn't handle it".

So only your opinion is the truly objective and therefore correct one?

Yeah I can't imagine why people might be annoyed by that attitude.

Point out where I said that.

You are a spin doctor. That's why people find you annoying, JMac.

I guess that's why you were always crying and whining about me during the playoffs last year when I would bash Chad. Remember the Bears/Saints game thread? And the threads after the Colts/Pats game? Go read them. See who "couldn't handle it".

Not sure where you have been but I dont give a ****.

Chad is the NYJ Starting QB... deal with it.

Your wrong... and you forget that POV is just blind faith in the team... which does not make them any less of a fan.

With messageboards the more people you have the more opinions you will get... its really that simple, even though most will agree on some thing... every has different views and different levels of like/hate for players.

Those new posters that come in with the usual "I love every JETS player" routine.. were hoping to find a nice cool JETS website to talk about the JETS on and enjoy their team...

Thats why I don't post on patsfans.com. I can't stand the homer posters who see nothing wrong with the team they support (no offense mate).

Garb, ALK, Tx, PFSIKH & myself were all invited here.

As a Pats fan I expect people to disagree with a lot of my opinions but I don't expect some Jets fans calling every player a douche bag or hoping they die because they play for the Pats.

I'm a Pats fan, but I'm also a football fan and enjoy talking about football. I've also met a lot of cool people who happen to follow the Jets. Big deal!

Archived