Get Out of Banned Free Card

who would you bring back?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who would you bring back?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted for Boom Boom, just so I would see the results when I opened this thread. I don't really want him back. He's the least bad of the options, though.

He would certainly be the most entertaining. And less predictable than Tx as well.

Nuge could kick out of the stadium all the way to Canada if he wanted too. Problem is, the NFL would lose way, way too many balls and have asked him to keep it between the Goaline and 10 yard line.

And Tx would still say he had a "noodle leg." I rest my case.

And you say I'm beginning to turn out for the worst.:eek:

Spare me GimmeShelter, spare me. I won't debate my Football knowledge against TX's in this thread, but, he easily knows more and talks more Football then alot of the newbie's we have had coming in here in the past year or less.

Oh and sometimes Tx just said Chad had a noodle arm, I at least present the facts with his outstanding numbers of one double digit win season.

'02 - 9 wins (1 win wasn't his)

'03 - 4 wins

'04 - 9 wins (2 wins weren't his)

'05 - 1 win

'06 - 10 wins (bravo Chad!)

Gimme a break 124. You talk about that clown Tx as if he were trying to make serious arguments. His only purpose in life is to go on Jets message boards and say the Jets suck and just try to piss of Jets fans while making about 1 insightful post a week.

What you don't understand 124 is that if Chad was the best QB in the league and threw 40 TD's he would still say he had a "noodle arm." What Tx did had nothing to do with reality or the facts, he was all about being a troll and trying to anger us fans here at JN and is apparently still doing it at JI.

As long as you think that Tx was trying to make actual football arguments when he said "Chad has a noodle arm" or "Nugent has a noodle leg" you are just falling for his trolling act.

124 and other Tx supporters. I've had to read Tx's posts for nearly 7 years b/w both message boards. The guy has his moments where he can carry a conversation or even be funny but he completely drowns it out with that obnoxious nonsense he spews. Enough became enough and where it's like if you've read one TX post, you've read pretty much all of his posts. If he wanted to keep going with that patronizing jerk-off attitude he could of kept it at JI and behaved a little more over here, but he chose not to.

It got to a point where it seemed like he was doing it just to see how long he could keep it up. The whole unbannable thing was pretty funny too.

And you say I'm beginning to turn out for the worst.:eek:

Spare me GimmeShelter, spare me. I won't debate my Football knowledge against TX's in this thread, but, he easily knows more and talks more Football then alot of the newbie's we have had coming in here in the past year or less.

Oh and sometimes Tx just said Chad had a noodle arm, I at least present the facts with his outstanding numbers of one double digit win season.

'02 - 9 wins (1 win wasn't his)

'03 - 4 wins

'04 - 9 wins (2 wins weren't his)

'05 - 1 win

'06 - 10 wins (bravo Chad!)

See what I mean....now you are using the lame TX term newbies? Who are you to call out newbies? Everyone is new at some point.

You need to take a step back Joey and not ALWAYS have to be right in every discussion to the point of your current sig on Pennington or any Baseball discussion you wander into lately.

Don't let this misguided fascination with TX come between you and good posters here, yourself included. I have no issues with you except for the above mentioned new found agressiveness you have with every debate.

I also wish the veterans around here realize that there are lots of noobs around here and this aint their little secret JI castoff club anymore.

I did not say all noobs, I said most. There have been exceptions of some quality posters that have come here in the past year or less, including yourself and at times, ecurb can show a bit of wiseness.;-)

The thing is, the "JI castoff club" are the people who are the ones who have voted for the return of TX, so obviously there is something that we know and like about the guy to want him back. Like I've said before, we knew him for a much longer time and a lot of us who were prone to his posts knew when he was being sarcastic and knew when he was being a major douche. Most of the time he was being sarcastic, but a lot of the "noobs" saw him as just 110% douche.

That is not to say that some of the veterans of this board didn't think that either, they just got way too caught up in the fact that he was a Pats fan and were sick of his spew on James Chadwick Noodle Arm Pennington and Sperman Edwards, the same people that 90% of those people diss now.

My how things change.

I know you didnt say all noobs, and I actually wasnt calling anyone in particular out, its just what I feel... noobs dont always get a fair shake and that the JI castoffs need to realize that a good message board needs the input of fresh voices or it gets stale. I think Max is trying to grow this site and get more readers/posters--one's who actually contribute something useful and not garbage.

Thats where my problem lies with TX. Whether or not he was a good poster at one time, and towards the end occasionally had a valid point, he was a pain in the @ss and people like him bring down good message boards and destroy them. It was no fun reading the messageboard with his crap. And anyone else like him.

So you saw through his crap... his crap shouldnt have been posted here to begin with. Not because he's a Pats fan, because he's an instigator.

I cant believe you would rather have someone posting here who stirs the pot of $hit and pisses people off and ruins threads instead of finding new voices and new insight into football.

I'm glad you liked him. Im glad others did. But he is a cancer. And a cancer on a messageboard is certain death.

For you, you might enjoy having him back but it would ruin this place.

I know you didnt say all noobs, and I actually wasnt calling anyone in particular out, its just what I feel... noobs dont always get a fair shake and that the JI castoffs need to realize that a good message board needs the input of fresh voices or it gets stale. I think Max is trying to grow this site and get more readers/posters--one's who actually contribute something useful and not garbage.

Thats where my problem lies with TX. Whether or not he was a good poster at one time, and towards the end occasionally had a valid point, he was a pain in the @ss and people like him bring down good message boards and destroy them. It was no fun reading the messageboard with his crap. And anyone else like him.

So you saw through his crap... his crap shouldnt have been posted here to begin with. Not because he's a Pats fan, because he's an instigator.

I cant believe you would rather have someone posting here who stirs the pot of $hit and pisses people off and ruins threads instead of finding new voices and new insight into football.

I'm glad you liked him. Im glad others did. But he is a cancer. And a cancer on a messageboard is certain death.

For you, you might enjoy having him back but it would ruin this place.

I'm not going to get involved with the Tx thing, because frankly I don't really care, but will echo some of 124's comments about some of the newer posters.

There has been an influx of new posters over the last 4 or 5 months which is great. The drawback is some of them have contributed nothing to the board and even gone out of their way to be instigators.

These particluar posters have been very vocal and have overshadowed the contributions of the other new posters.

Just my 2 cents.

The arguments may continue!

I'm not going to get involved with the Tx thing, because frankly I don't really care, but will echo some of 124's comments about some of the newer posters.

There has been an influx of new posters over the last 4 or 5 months which is great. The drawback is some of them have contributed nothing to the board and even gone out of their way to be instigators.

These particluar posters have been very vocal and have overshadowed the contributions of the other new posters.

Just my 2 cents.

The arguments may continue!

Name names dammit! its no fun otherwise.. lol

i don't know that i like being branded a noob forever. even if i'd been here for 5 years or whatever, i don't know that i'd make it a point to distinguish between "noobs" and others. seems like i'm making my way back to middle school in this conversation. If the mod's didn't want new posters they wouldn't have big signs in their sigs 'sign up today!'.

I personally like the guys that signed up around the time i did, mcgraw, ecurb, and plent others, i don't see that there should be an issue.

i don't know that i like being branded a noob forever. even if i'd been here for 5 years or whatever, i don't know that i'd make it a point to distinguish between "noobs" and others. seems like i'm making my way back to middle school in this conversation. If the mod's didn't want new posters they wouldn't have big signs in their sigs 'sign up today!'.

I personally like the guys that signed up around the time i did, mcgraw, ecurb, and plent others, i don't see that there should be an issue.

Because you missed the 05' season.. your a "noob"... that 1 year is so important in judging... lol

I don't consider you a "noob." Did someone call you that?

The kid has a point, this whole "the new posters mostly suck" attitude is getting a little thin. As one of the OG's, the facts of the matter, at the end of the day are:

1-More posters = better board

2-More posters = more activity = better board

3-More posters = more opinions = better discussions

4-The newbs are mostly jets fans, and even if they feel differently about some players, they are still jets fans, and this is a site created by jets fans for jets fans

5-If there were no newb posters, the original 20 or so of you who were here from day one that are still active would make for an extremely boring site

6-It would be cool to bring back TX and TomShane, the ying and yang

7-The mods are gays

Archived