A-rod...like death and taxes!!!

Jet/BosoxFan

He smacks 2 home runs tonight against the lowly, pathetic Tigers in an 11-0 rout. Props to the Metrosexual 3rd Baseman! Of course he popped off...this is a virtually meaningless series against a team that should be contracted!!!

And what did he do on the big stage against the Mets this past weekend??? He booted a ball in the Pay-dro game, he got picked off on 1st, down by 1 run, and he left a small village on the basepath!

He will always pad his stats in "garbage-time" and fall way short in a big spot! You've heard of the "New Mets." Meet the "New Yankees"

do you consider all 30 teams of MLB to be "lowly and pathetic"? thats how you describe every opponent the Yankees play :roll:

and how are his HRs worthless when they were the first runs scored in the game? you act as if the game was already a rout when he first hit them

He smacks 2 home runs tonight against the lowly, pathetic Tigers in an 11-0 rout. Props to the Metrosexual 3rd Baseman! Of course he popped off...this is a virtually meaningless series against a team that should be contracted!!!

And what did he do on the big stage against the Mets this past weekend??? He booted a ball in the Pay-dro game, he got picked off on 1st, down by 1 run, and he left a small village on the basepath!

He will always pad his stats in "garbage-time" and fall way short in a big spot! You've heard of the "New Mets." Meet the "New Yankees"

well horse sh*t aside. 3 run walkoff homer for reed johnson. red sox lose 9-6. =D>

Dude... they were going against the mighty Wil Ledezma. Can't you show any respect? I mean, it's freakin Wil Ledezma!

And, as a Tigers fan, can I just say how much I hate Wil Ledezma? God, he sucks... sucks!

Oh, and the Tigers aren't that far behind your boys, slick.

Arod has for years been considered the best in the game along with Bonds.

Pujols and Vlade have joined the conversation the past few years.

Arod appears to have survived the NY media and some Yankee fans attempts to down play his talent simply because he was a threat to the Capt.

Arod is a top 3 player. Always has been.

AROD is officially on the clock until the Yankees win the World Series with him on the roster. It is that simple. He has to perform, the Yankees have to win it all.

I don't care if he hits 80 home runs this season. They need to win it all. 204 million dollar payroll makes that the only choice.

I'm watching the Baltimore Orioles...

who are these Yankees everyone on this thread keeps talking about???

Perhaps you haven't seen the standings tonite, but the Yankees and Bosox are now separated by a miniscule 1.5 Games with over 100 Games remaining

The big lead you once enjoyed has shrunk to the size of a flea!!

LOL!!! :mrgreen::lol::mrgreen::lol:

Arod is having an MVP season

Sometimes he pisses me off ... but the man is having an MVP season

PERIOD

PS. Yanks Win, Sox Lose ... I think someone is feeling the heat? :mrgreen:

We're breathing right down your neck, JBF .. COMING HARD .. FAST & FURIOUS .. the monster is out of his cage

=D>

i really hope feasting on poor pitching has got his confidence up and ready for primetime. i am pulling for arod to have an impact year but until he proves he can do it when it matters against big time pitching he hasn't earned his pinstripes.

all he is doing is playing like he is getting paid - when he does it in september he can have the MVP.

until he does it when it matters against good pitching, i have to side with the sox fans here.

AROD is officially on the clock until the Yankees win the World Series with him on the roster. It is that simple. He has to perform, the Yankees have to win it all.

I don't care if he hits 80 home runs this season. They need to win it all. 204 million dollar payroll makes that the only choice.

True statement. It must be tough though Max.

I am glad that I don't have to root for a team that is expected to win simply because of the players they bring in year after year.

That has to take some luster off the actual winning.

bwa-hahahahahahahhahahahaha

The same Yankees that at the very least will take 2 of 3 from the Sox.

Max, I agree to a large extent ... with ONE exception

If the Yankees don't win the WS, he BETTER NOT be one of the reasons why ... they better have lost IN SPITE of Arod tearing it up

If that be the case, then I make an exception ... but that's the only exception

I am glad that I don't have to root for a team that is expected to win simply because of the players they bring in year after year.

That has to take some luster off the actual winning.

Hard to say, they haven't won since it got like that.

Honestly the last few years the money stuff started to bother me. I used to argue finances all the time. But the truth of the matter is since the Yankees payroll got out of control they have won nothing.

But seeing the Red Sox celebrate last year changed it for me. At the deadline last year I was AGAINST bringing in Randy Unit. I actually said if they can't win it with what they have they don't deserve it.

That has all changed. I know want them to win no matter what.

Max, I agree to a large extent ... with ONE exception

If the Yankees don't win the WS, he BETTER NOT be one of the reasons why ... they better have lost IN SPITE of Arod tearing it up

If that be the case, then I make an exception ... but that's the only exception

We might be saying the same thing here. I am not sure though.

My point is this...if the Yankees win the WS he should be good to go. Short of him having a terrible series.

If the Yankees lose he is the GOAT. Even if he hits .400. Seriously. Because the money they spent of offense (his salary) would have held them back in other areas.

bwa-hahahahahahahhahahahaha

last week the Yankees crushed Seattle and you told us Seattle was garbage

so now when the Orioles squeek by seattle 3-2, you think thats an accomplishment? :roll::lol:

Alex Rodriguez told the television show ''Extra'' that he is undergoing therapy with multiple therapists to deal with his personal demons.

Rodriguez characterized the therapy sessions as more ''maintenance'' than anything else. Rodriguez currently leads the majors with 16 homeruns and 46 RBI.

rotoworld

Arod is having an MVP season

Sometimes he pisses me off ... but the man is having an MVP season

PERIOD

Not a chance.

MVP's don't boot easy groundballs which single-handedly cost his team games.

MVP's don't rely on weak pitching to pad stats.

MVP numbers? Sure. MVP production? Nope. I'll take Matsui as a pure, clutch hitter at this point over A-Rod.

First of all, Miguel Tejada IS a superior defensive player.

As for the others, they play the easiest positions in baseball. There is no easier task than being a corner outfielder or first baseman.

A-Rod plays at the hot corner, where solid defense is necesarry. He has simply not gotten it done.

By the way, were you grouping A-Rod with 3 juiced up players for a reason?

Not a chance.

MVP's don't boot easy groundballs which single-handedly cost his team games.

MVP's don't rely on weak pitching to pad stats.

MVP numbers? Sure. MVP production? Nope. I'll take Matsui as a pure, clutch hitter at this point over A-Rod.

i got a better idea 80. you keep your matsui & we'll keep ours. div210.gif

First of all, Miguel Tejada IS a superior defensive player.

what games are you watching? 24 errors last year is supperior?

comparing him to the other elite/popular shortstops in baseball:

2004 fielding percentages and errors for SS:

renteria - .983/11

jeter - .981/13

cabrera - .978/15

guillen - .974/17

young - .972/19

tejada - .971/24

unless your comparing Tejada to Jose Reyes (.957%), he's not defensively supperior for his position

By the way, were you grouping A-Rod with 3 juiced up players for a reason?

no, if you take a look at that list you'll notice the 4 guys on there were voted MVP for their offensive statistics, which is what we are basing A-rod upon in this same thread. If I had been comparing him to juiced up players, I wouldn't have thrown in Tejada. Gold gloves are for defensive players, MVPs aren't (and if they were, somebody would have to strip every MVP trophy over the last 10 years)

Archived