Paul Quan-DRILL is the Man!!!

JonEJet

Rodriguez, who also leads the big leagues with 46 RBIs, was plunked near the hip by Franklyn German in the seventh, a pitch that appeared to be intentional. A-Rod jogged to first without a problem, then was removed from the game just as several other Yankees regulars already had been.

Paul Quantrill retaliated in the eighth, throwing behind Jason Smith and then hitting him with a pitch in the back. That brought the Tigers out of their dugout, and Quantrill egged them on, gesturing for them to come out for a fight.

But the Yankees never left their bench, and order was quickly restored with no punches thrown. Quantrill and manager Joe Torre were ejected

i didn't see the game but as a general rule: it's one thing to bean a guy who shows up the pitcher. in fact players should expect it if they ham it up after hitting a HR. it's bush to hit a player who is simply lighting a team up. absolute horsesh*t, if you can't get a player out you don't hit him.

What happened? I didn't watch the game.

Arod blasted two HR's early in the Game, and when he came to the plate for his 4th AB a Tigers RP reared back and drilled him right above the knee ... looked as intentional as all hell

Quantrill then drilled a Tiger in a clear case of retaliation and was tossed by the home plate umpire immediately ... a few Tigers left the dugout and Quantill gestured to BRING IT ... but a brawl was averted and calm was quickly restored before anything happened

"It was a slippery ball, it was wet out there," Quantrill deadpanned afterward. "Flash (John Flaherty) called for a heater and I just got it in a little too far. It was a rainy night and the ball slipped, I guess. Same as it did for whatever that kid's name was pitching when he hit Alex. Stuff happens."

Well it is about time that someone did someting.

I watched it last night and personally I did not see a problem with A-Rod getting it in the leg at least it wasn't in the head. A-Rod didn't even think nothing of it.

It was nothing like Jeter getting beaned in the head like the Sox have been know to do.

Good to this team coming together though.

I watched it last night and personally I did not see a problem with A-Rod getting it in the leg at least it wasn't in the head. A-Rod didn't even think nothing of it.

It was nothing like Jeter getting beaned in the head like the Sox have been know to do.

I think it's a bit more symbolic than just a retaliation

Q did this for ARod.....a guy supposedly not really a part of the Yankee clubhouse

Has he earned the teams respect?....I think Q answered that!! =D>

there is a huge problem with hitting a player just because he is having a big game. that is totally unacceptable, and the yankees would be wise to hit a couple of tigers tonight.

Once again...most JN.com Yankee fans remain ignorant to fundamental baseball logic. Like it or not...big league pitchers will bean a guy who is hitting the ball well b/c they perceive him to be overly confident and/or they want to attempt to rattle him. Not too difficult a concept, I reckon. Yet here we are...explaining it to Yankee fans as if its some foreign concept.

Matsui was hitting like .500 in ALCS games 1, 2, and 3 last fall...then Pedro dusted him because he was TOO comfortable at the plate and we didnt hear a peep from him the rest of the season, did we?

Earth to Yankee Homers...your team does it too! Roger Clemens anyone? He drilled Piazza because Piazza owns him! And it worked for Fat Roger! Like it or not...its part of baseball. Its tough to sit on a fatsball when you think a 95 mph heater is headed toward your ear.

Once again...most JN.com Yankee fans remain ignorant to fundamental baseball logic. Like it or not...big league pitchers will bean a guy who is hitting the ball well b/c they perceive him to be overly confident and/or they want to attempt to rattle him. Not too difficult a concept, I reckon. Yet here we are...explaining it to Yankee fans as if its some foreign concept.

Matsui was hitting like .500 in ALCS games 1, 2, and 3 last fall...then Pedro dusted him because he was TOO comfortable at the plate and we didnt hear a peep from him the rest of the season, did we?

Earth to Yankee Homers...your team does it too! Roger Clemens anyone? He drilled Piazza because Piazza owns him! And it worked for Fat Roger! Like it or not...its part of baseball. Its tough to sit on a fatsball when you think a 95 mph heater is headed toward your ear.

i understand the game. if you pimp at home plate after hitting a home run, steal signs, take at a mid-infielder on a DP - then you should expect to take one in the back.

if a pitcher just can't get a hitter out and he beans him - that's bush. you want to move a guy back off the plate that's one thing, you hit him in the leg that is bullsh*t. don't blame the hitter b/c you suck.

clemens was busting piazza up and in, piazza dives into the ball, much like jeter. the pitch clemens hit him with was not that far off the plate, and he didn't blatantly hit him.

This is great.

We needed a guy since Clemens left who when a leader of your team is hit to come back and hit them. None of our starters are like that. Good. Hopefully Quantrill pitches in all 3 Boston games, because theire scumbag pitchers will hit Jeter, Sheff and ARod.

Those of you arguing that Clemens didnt hit Mike Piazza intentionally are wrong...flat out wrong. He might not have meant to drill him in the head, I doubt he has that kind of control to pinpoint someone in the head which is a moving target, but he meant to drill him with a high pitch to break his confidence.

Nor is it bush league to do so! Either learn the f*cking game or play it at some level...then maybe you'll understand!

Now, you guys are pretty much right about the Yankees finally having a Yankee pitcher who isnt a panty-wearing sissyboy. No doubt Quantrill showed some stones. But PQ pretty much sucks at this point and should worry about throwing strikes. But congrats...you no longer are 0-25 when assessing Yankees with testicular fortitude. 1-24 sounds alot better!

bump...

Paul Quan-drill is the man, huh JonEJinx???

He certainly is...its not often that you see a pitcher give up a 2-run homer...a 3-run bomb...and a grand slam in the same game!!!

He is my new favorite pitcher in MLB!!!

and we pretty much have your fat ass to thank for it, dont we JonE???

Archived