SICK OF THIS TEAM

Matt39

Bloop hits galore by the orioles. Patterson was struck out looking to start the 9th and the umpire (who had a wide strikezone all game), calls it a ball. Thanks alot.

Still, this Yankees team is a disgrace. So bad, its actually kind of funny I have to admit.

Getting paid millions of dollars a year and can't throw a ****ing strike.

He's getting paid about 400K, but I get your point. Its embarassing, and I like Proctor.

This team makes me, I dunno how to explain it......numb. They make me numb. Yea its that awful.

The only players TRULY worth keeping on this team for next year IMO are Jeter, Arod, Bruney, Wang, Rivera, Pettitte and Posada.

Matsui, Damon, Abreu, Giambi, Proctor, Farnsworth, Myers, Mussina - all should be put on the market, see what we can fetch for them. I hesitate to put Matsui on there, but he's not what he used to be it seems.

I am 100% sure a good manager would make this club better by at least 5 wins in this season (and thats just thru the first 75 games)

Torre is a joke. I love the guy, he's a class act. But he's an awful in game manager.

From 2003 on, I firmly believe a different manager would have gotten us a World Series championship. There's no 2 ways about it - Torre blew it for us in the 2003 world series. And he blew it from game 5 on in the 04 ALCS. And he blew it with the lineups in the 2006 ALDS.

Proctor should not have even been in the damn game tonight. Torre is f##king clueless on how to manage a bullpen. I mean, why the F do you even call these kids up from the minors and then send them back down when they dont even get a chance to pitch? What is the f'n point? To keep around garbage like Villone, Myers etc ?? Because they are veterans?

This team needs new blood at manager, no question about it. And Mattingly aint new blood. He's same ol' sh#t.

Pettitte should have taken a bat to some of these stiffs in the dugout.

Is there any chance that Girardi can bring Paul O'Neill out of the booth to be his hitting coach. Then we'd legitimately have to worry about guys getting hit upside the head with gatorade coolers.

It ain't our year.

Joe Torre's "pitch to contact" stupidity is now exposed. The entire bullpen has been so conditioned to nibbling that they are dead last as a staff in Ks. Stott's gone, but his moronic ideas about pitching are still here. You can do that if you're Jimmy Key or David Cone, but these guys don't have pipoint control. Reason 1 with a bullet why Torre has to be gone at the end of the year. Abd may be it's better he goes out like this so there's no crap about how he still deserves the job. If you can throw 95 like Proctor or Farnsworth, challlenge guys. Get Girardi in here, period.

We are seeing Matsui, Abreu, Damon, Giambi and Mussina(all under contract into the future for big bucks) age before out eyes. We are seeing that Cairo and Cabrera are not everyday players. And that if we intend to keep Posada (and let him slowly move to 1B/DH), a real backup catcher is a must.

Yankees are 1-9 on the road vs. lefties; 4-13 in 1 run games; now sport their worst record at this point in the season in 15 years.

Wake up. Do it right in 2008.

I am so sick of this crap every time Pettitte pitches. He goes in there, pitches 7 great innings allowing only 2 runs and the only offense we can muster up is a 2 run shot by Damon. This team, even without Giambi, is supposed to be killing the ball all over the field and Bobby Abreu sucks so much moose **** that he has to be moved down all the way to 8th. F this team. Pettitte has been the best pitcher out there this season for us but the lack of a consistent bullpen and the lack of bats whenever he pitches hurt him extremely.

It is time for Torre to go..it was clear Roger was laboring and of course keeps him in too long..and the team is lacking fire..bring in Joe G or someone else the players will fear...this is embarassing

So garardi can F up Hughes and Joba the way he did with Sanchez and Josh Johnson?

So garardi can F up Hughes and Joba the way he did with Sanchez and Josh Johnson?
Or keep Torre around to tell them strikeouts are bad and pitch to contact, while his team pays Clemens nad Pettitte a fortune to keep ingnoring that advice? Or tell them to nibble with their 95+ heaters to pitch to contact?

I think, but don't know, that Girardi would be the answer in 2008. But I KNOW Torre's ideas about pitching are retarded. I know that servicable pitchers-Contreras, Lilly, Weaver,vasquez, Wickman(add a few more-there's a long list)-get misused here, labelled "cannot play in NY" and then prosper elsewhere. He cannot run a bullpen, and "pitching to contact" is idiocy. Yanks are dead lasts in Ks, which to most sabrematricians correlates to sucking. His pitch to contact is so retarded that 2/5s of his starting rotation ignores it.

Or keep Torre around to tell them strikeouts are bad and pitch to contact, while his team pays Clemens nad Pettitte a fortune to keep ingnoring that advice? Or tell them to nibble with their 95+ heaters to pitch to contact?

I think, but don't know, that Girardi would be the answer in 2008. But I KNOW Torre's ideas about pitching are retarded. I know that servicable pitchers-Contreras, Lilly, Weaver,vasquez, Wickman(add a few more-there's a long list)-get misused here, labelled "cannot play in NY" and then prosper elsewhere. He cannot run a bullpen, and "pitching to contact" is idiocy. Yanks are dead lasts in Ks, which to most sabrematricians correlates to sucking. His pitch to contact is so retarded that 2/5s of his starting rotation ignores it.

It's not Torre's fault the yankee pitchers aren't getting strikeouts and I'm no Torre fan. I'm not saying to keep Torre but Girardi would be an AWFUL replacement.

Stott and Torre have always advocated pitching to contact. That works great if you're a control guy like Jimmy Key or David Cone. But guys like that generally don't throw 95+. And guys that do like Clemens and Pettitte don't follow it; they throw strikes and challenge guys(which deosn't alwayw work out as with Huff, but still). Someone-THE MANAGER-is calling all those breaking balls the bullpen guys throw, casuing them to go into deep counts, rather then telling them to break out the heater. The Yanks are dead last in Ks because they don't try to thorw strikes nor cahlleneg, but play the nibbling game. If you keep doing that you take away the advantage that kind of fastball has in guys like Bruney, Fransworth, Proctor, Vizcaino(who still sucks, no matter) .They've become inured to nibbling, and it's what Mr. Torre, the guy calling every pitch,wants.

Stott and Torre have always advocated pitching to contact. That works great if you're a control guy like Jimmy Key or David Cone. But guys like that generally don't throw 95+. And guys that do like Clemens and Pettitte don't follow it; they throw strikes and challenge guys(which deosn't alwayw work out as with Huff, but still). Someone-THE MANAGER-is calling all those breaking balls the bullpen guys throw, casuing them to go into deep counts, rather then telling them to break out the heater. The Yanks are dead last in Ks because they don't try to thorw strikes nor cahlleneg, but play the nibbling game. If you keep doing that you take away the advantage that kind of fastball has in guys like Bruney, Fransworth, Proctor, Vizcaino(who still sucks, no matter) .They've become inured to nibbling, and it's what Mr. Torre, the guy calling every pitch,wants.

Torre doesn't call the pitches and I have a hard time believing that he is telling the pitchers how to pitch. If you want to blame the pitching coach than fine.

Torre doesn't call the pitches and I have a hard time believing that he is telling the pitchers how to pitch. If you want to blame the pitching coach than fine.
Uh, he does call the pitches. Every one.Watch Posada peer into the dugout every pitch Now these guys might on occasion waive off Posada, but how do you think that goes over when they get in the dugout if it doesn't work out?

Uh, he does call the pitches. Every one.Watch Posada peer into the dugout every pitch Now these guys might on occasion waive off Posada, but how do you think that goes over when they get in the dugout if it doesn't work out?
Dude. The yankee catchers call the games. Not Torre.

By overusing them. Thats one of the biggest reasons he was fired.

Got any proof to support these claims? I dont see how 157 innings for a 22 year old Josh Johnson was overusing. Johnson never once pitched 8 innings in a game last year, so how was he overworked?

Pitch counts, too many over games over 100 pitches? If so, support the claim because I have heard the compete opposite - that Girardi worked well and didnt over use the young pitchers last year.

Olsen threw 180 innings last year at 22 yrs old - how is that overworked? Thats what Hughes limit was this year, at age 20/21.

Sanchez threw 114 innings at 22 yrs old last year - how is that overworked?

Not exactly dusty baker.

Here is the bottom line.

The culture of the Yankees needs to change. And that starts from the top.

Torre cant be fired midseason now. The Yankees made the mistake of not firing him after Detroit last year, but he sure as hell should not be brought back next year.

I like Joe as much as the next guy, but lets keep it real. This team has died a slow death since 2003.

2004 - ALCS collapse, 2005 - ALDS collapse, 2006 ALDS - didnt even show up, 2007 season - unintentional comedy.

And Steinbrenner needs to let his baseball guys handle the baseball operations. Part of the reason the Yankees are sucking right now is because of the ridiculous contracts/deals that George forced Cashman to make (Randy Johnson, Damon, Sheffield, Wright etc etc). Cashman is a solid GM and he actually has a long term plan. Steinbrenner is great at signing checks, but he needs to stay the f*** out of the baseball operations.

Got any proof to support these claims? I dont see how 157 innings for a 22 year old Josh Johnson was overusing. Johnson never once pitched 8 innings in a game last year, so how was he overworked?

Pitch counts, too many over games over 100 pitches? If so, support the claim because I have heard the compete opposite - that Girardi worked well and didnt over use the young pitchers last year.

Olsen threw 180 innings last year at 22 yrs old - how is that overworked? Thats what Hughes limit was this year, at age 20/21.

Sanchez threw 114 innings at 22 yrs old last year - how is that overworked?

Not exactly dusty baker.

It's not a question of innings pitched. It's leaving them in too long and pitching them on 3 days rest. It's no shock these guys are both missing MAJOR parts of the season this year.

Torre isn't calling pitches, Andy and Roger probably partly call they're own games, posada calls most of it. Most likely Mussina has something to do with his own game as well. The pitching coach Guidry is there to help with that as well, that isn't Torre's job. I think if the lineup produced runs, the pitching wouldn't feel the need to be perfect all the time.

Torre isn't calling pitches, Andy and Roger probably partly call they're own games, posada calls most of it. Most likely Mussina has something to do with his own game as well. The pitching coach Guidry is there to help with that as well, that isn't Torre's job. I think if the lineup produced runs, the pitching wouldn't feel the need to be perfect all the time.

The hitting has been the problem all year.

Archived