Test results: Johnson's blood alcohol level was .072

leonwash29

What really stinks is this guy has great size, and a great skill set. Before last year's wrap-sheet, Tank is a player we all would have been raving about.

and lets face it, his name is perfect for his position, too. That's like having a RT, named "Blocker", or an OG, last-name, "Mauler"

or a kicker named, "S'good". I could go on and on (and probably will, later) But I have a point to prove.

Is their a way to encorporate a: no guns, no Drinking (and driving), no late-night partying, no-arrest, no staying-up-past-12 clause in one's signing sheet? Cause if so, lets sign this beast.

Illegal and unlocked guns and ammo around his own kids, goes to jail, can't stay home, tons of chances. Kick. Him. In. His. Azz. Throw Pacman to Vick's dogs, and then let Vick's dogs chew off Vick's femurs.

Illegal and unlocked guns and ammo around his own kids, goes to jail, can't stay home, tons of chances. Kick. Him. In. His. Azz. Throw Pacman to Vick's dogs, and then let Vick's dogs chew off Vick's femurs.

I don't want to start a debate, but that's probably good eatin'.

Just sayin'.

lol, nice.

Hey, what was that movie about prisoners playing football against the guards (the remake had Adam Sandler). The longest yard? The last yard? Anyway, since when has a smash-mouth, grid-iron sport needed to be police-blotter free?

I don't advocate humans who keep unlocked (loaded) guns in Costco quantities around their children... But when has the NFL been a sport of choir-boy-scouts?

Before you say "it's a privalege to play in the NFL"... Its a privaledge to have a winning team in the NFL as well. Before you say, "players in the nation's most visible and successfull corporation need to embody characteristics that showcase good-role models".... What kid reads the newspaper as opposed to idolizing a player's on-field play?

I'm not suggesting that we comb the nation's prisons for our next strong-safety, but perhaps a street-fighter is better off wearing a helmet and pads. Maybe the back-alley pimp is better off slapping DLineman than hoes. (???).

Everyone is blessed with choice. If you choose to gamble a multi-million dollar career for a strip-clubbing habit... Fine. But let's let the law-enforcers enforce the law, and lets allow employers to hand select their employees. Turds don't prosper forever.

lol, nice.

I'm not suggesting that we comb the nation's prisons for our next strong-safety, but perhaps a street-fighter is better off wearing a helmet and pads. Maybe the back-alley pimp is better off slapping DLineman than hoes. (???).

Everyone is blessed with choice. If you choose to gamble a multi-million dollar career for a strip-clubbing habit... But let's let the law-enforcers enforce the law, and lets allow employers to hand select their employees. Turds don't prosper forever.

Look, I would LOVE someone OUT of prison WITHOUT experience to become a success story, but these fugs/thugs aren't OFFICIALLY scripted offenders when picked up. It's the apologist angle I can't stomach. How dumb can they be?! I realize it's a machine, but once bought in, keep yer chit wired tight. It ain't rocket science.

Look at Maurice Clarett. I refuse to feel "sorry" for him, but it rends me, as an aside. Folks were laughing, posting mugshots on other boards, it made me feel terrible. He made his own choices, but where were HIS friends? Um, nowhere. A promising career, and he's a jailbird. I wasn't moved to laugh, and it made me truly upset. You lay down with dogs, you get up fleas. What is Goodell NOT getting?

Here's the big question:

Should Tank be treated differently based on his BAC?

If it was 0.0, would going 40 in a 25 be valid means for getting axed?

How is being "twice" the legal limit, different (or the same), as it being "just" under the limit? and do both hold the same implications?

Supporters would say he has a responsibility to (himself, and) his team to not be in that situation.

Naysayers would say he could have drinken ALOT more, and DID display responsibility in that he was basically charged with a mere speeding ticket. What is .72 anyway, A beer and a half? When SB champs (the best of the best) are video-taped showering each other with champagne, giggling in the alcholic-mist.... What difference is it that a grown man drinks 16 ounces of beer, and waits until "legally" able to drive. (???).

Chit-heads can go to hell. Shooting people and fighting dogs are way different than a drinking a beer and a half. Even if Tank was cruising at 2:30 pm around schools he was on the right side of legal. Instead he drove at arguably the safest hour to get home under legal levels of intoxication.

Honestly, cell-phones, mascara, breakfast burritos and screaming toddlers are probably more distracting and dangerous than driving around with a 0.72

What about on your last leg with an employer are you looking past? It pains me.

I'm with you bout pac and vick, but the tank has been wronged. ok, not so much, but seriously, this latest incident should not be worthy of this extensive scrutiny. I mean, hell, I am likely around a .072 or more right now, and I just drove home from a restaurant. This man weighs thrice me and was driving while maybe two other cars were on the road. Yes, he should wake the f'up, but he is not on probation or parole. The Bears jumped the gun, but they were not necessarily in the wrong. Nor will the team, I hope it is not the Jets, that gives him his next opportunity be wrong.

A beer and a half!

Who knows, maybe it was a shot of Nyquil. Maybe it was a glass of wine at a family members graduation party.

Perhaps he just left church

0.72...... That is far from IRRESPONSIBLE. Huge black guy driving a nice car at 3:30 gets pulled over; not that uncommon where I live.

Who knows, maybe he was binging at a bar from 9:00 am.... (At least he waited, until he was legal).

It's the off-season, and he just happens to have ALOT OF IT. Should he stay home playing with his guns.. I mean, video games? Let the guy go out, phile. Perhaps his wife is a pain in the ass (not a stretch, phile) and he needed some alone time.

You know what? It IS his wife's fault. Any married man can testify to that. Some times you just need to get away. Rather than domestic-violence, the fella left the house to let his lady cool off, while he distanced himself at a comedy club. After the ridiculous two-drink minimum REQUIREMENT (which he unsuccessfully argued over for twenty minutes), he followed suit, and enjoyed the show. Tank then sat is his car (very responsibly) for one hour, waiting for the safest time to legally drive himself home. On the drive home, he begins to desperately miss his wife and safely accelerates to get home to smartly apologize for the fight she started, as quickly as possible.

Bitch. SHE should get fired.

A beer and a half!

Who knows, maybe it was a shot of Nyquil. Maybe it was a glass of wine at a family members graduation party.

Perhaps he just left church

0.72...... That is far from IRRESPONSIBLE. Huge black guy driving a nice car at 3:30 gets pulled over; not that uncommon where I live.

Who knows, maybe he was binging at a bar from 9:00 am.... (At least he waited, until he was legal).

It's the off-season, and he just happens to have ALOT OF IT. Should he stay home playing with his guns.. I mean, video games? Let the guy go out, phile. Perhaps his wife is a pain in the ass (not a stretch, phile) and he needed some alone time.

You know what? It IS his wife's fault. Any married man can testify to that. Some times you just need to get away. Rather than domestic-violence, the fella left the house to let his lady cool off, while he distanced himself at a comedy club. After the ridiculous two-drink minimum REQUIREMENT (which he unsuccessfully argued over for twenty minutes), he followed suit, and enjoyed the show. Tank then sat is his car (very responsibly) for one hour, waiting for the safest time to legally drive himself home. On the drive home, he begins to desperately miss his wife and safely accelerates to get home to smartly apologize for the fight she started, as quickly as possible.

Bitch. SHE should get fired.

POTW NOM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Holy Smokes, does recidivism in a land of 1,000 chances escape you? Again, apologists. Kig. Dem. In. Der. Damn. Azz.

Good word. (the long one, not the three-lettered ones YOU invented).

As for the land you mention, wouldn't the land of two chances be more accurate? Lets count them phile,

1) gun possession charges.

2) violation of probation (due to gun possession).

3) being pulled over for a minor traffic violation.

Um.... I guess a 4th consideration could be his initial stupidity involving #2. But like they say, you can take the thug out of the hood... but you can't take the (well, you get the idea)... He's a friggin D-lineman for c's sake, not a baby-sitter.

i know right.. us getting a big named player from free agency? thats unheard of.. besides the ONE time we tried it which was another defensive player, Ty Law and look how that turned out... led the nfl in int's

LOL, ty law? yeah he lead the NFL in picks, good for him, they threw at him virtually all game every game. He is a shell of him former self, and was that same way on the Jets. Give me a break, law has been washed up for years.

Smooth move Chicago. The Bears' new slogan:

Now releasing players who drink alcohol.

Its America, innocent until proven guilty and looks like Tank got shipped out prematurely by the Bears.

if this were Tank's first incident he (and his defenders) would have a case

it isn't. the guy is flat out trouble, he has been getting second chances, third chances, fourth chances etc... and now this happens.

it's like the boy who cried wolf, no one cares that tank wasn't really legally drunk. it has happened before and it will happen again.

This isnt about whether the guy should have been pulled over or arrested. Yes, when you compare it to you or I it seems very stupid reason to be fired.

BUT

He was told by the NFL and his team to stay away from any further trouble, including with the police. HE DIDNT! HE WAS ARRESTED FOR DRIVING JUST UNDER THE LEAGL LIMIT, . HE SHOWED COMPLETE DISREGARD TO HIS TEAMMATES, TEAM, AND THE NFL. He had the opportunity to come back and help his team 2 games earlier if he could just behave. AND HE COULDNT.

Maybe he didnt commit the worse offense ever, but THE TEAM SAID NO FURTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE POLICE. And he did. And he deserved to be fired. IF he had any personal responsibility for himself HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN OUT AT 3:30am DRINKING AND DRIVING... JUST A FEW SHORT WEEKS AFTER SAYING YOU WANTED TO BE A ROLE MODEL.

He broke the rules that were put into place for his suspension.

Stop trying to justify that it was wrong to fire him. He was wrong. Doesnt matter how bad it was. He was wrong.

This isnt about whether he drank too much, drove too fast, or was out too late. He knew what was expected of him and he still went out and did this. Stop trying to view this as he was wronged. He wasnt. He got exactly what he deserved.

This isnt about whether the guy should have been pulled over or arrested. Yes, when you compare it to you or I it seems very stupid reason to be fired.

BUT

He was told by the NFL and his team to stay away from any further trouble, including with the police. HE DIDNT! HE WAS ARRESTED FOR DRIVING JUST UNDER THE LEAGL LIMIT, . HE SHOWED COMPLETE DISREGARD TO HIS TEAMMATES, TEAM, AND THE NFL. He had the opportunity to come back and help his team 2 games earlier if he could just behave. AND HE COULDNT.

Maybe he didnt commit the worse offense ever, but THE TEAM SAID NO FURTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE POLICE. And he did. And he deserved to be fired. IF he had any personal responsibility for himself HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN OUT AT 3:30am DRINKING AND DRIVING... JUST A FEW SHORT WEEKS AFTER SAYING YOU WANTED TO BE A ROLE MODEL.

He broke the rules that were put into place for his suspension.

Stop trying to justify that it was wrong to fire him. He was wrong. Doesnt matter how bad it was. He was wrong.

This isnt about whether he drank too much, drove too fast, or was out too late. He knew what was expected of him and he still went out and did this. Stop trying to view this as he was wronged. He wasnt. He got exactly what he deserved.

POTW NOM

Speaking strictly to Tank as a player, he was expendable to CHI the moment Tommy Harris returns. Yes he's solid, but he's also smaller than DRob and would be a RDE in a system he never played in all the while missing 8 games where he won't even be allowed in the facility to ask questions, which essentially means he's useless for this entire season. In other words, not even counting the off field issues, it makes zero sense to pick the guy up.

Speaking strictly to Tank as a player, he was expendable to CHI the moment Tommy Harris returns. Yes he's solid, but he's also smaller than DRob and would be a RDE in a system he never played in all the while missing 8 games where he won't even be allowed in the facility to ask questions, which essentially means he's useless for this entire season. In other words, not even counting the off field issues, it makes zero sense to pick the guy up.

having him sit out 8 games isn't the worst that could happen. If he moved to a team that played a 34, he would have those weeks to learn the system through practice and film. By the time he was done with his suspension he would not be beaten up, like the rest of the team, and would 'probably' be able to contribute at RDE.

JMO, even though the jets won't sign a guy with that track record.

Good word. (the long one, not the three-lettered ones YOU invented).

As for the land you mention, wouldn't the land of two chances be more accurate? Lets count them phile,

1) gun possession charges.

2) violation of probation (due to gun possession).

3) being pulled over for a minor traffic violation.

Um.... I guess a 4th consideration could be his initial stupidity involving #2. But like they say, you can take the thug out of the hood... but you can't take the (well, you get the idea)... He's a friggin D-lineman for c's sake, not a baby-sitter.

You know what they say about necessity. :) Agreed that he most certainly isn't a babysitter, seeing as he kept unlocked weapons around his children.

having him sit out 8 games isn't the worst that could happen. If he moved to a team that played a 34, he would have those weeks to learn the system through practice and film. By the time he was done with his suspension he would not be beaten up, like the rest of the team, and would 'probably' be able to contribute at RDE.

JMO, even though the jets won't sign a guy with that track record.

When you're suspended, you can't attend practice, nor can you attend team meetings to watch films. Mangini and Co are not going to have time to "home school" the guy. He will have to work out on his own. Not that I intend on bringing this into the equation, but givern his past 'ethics' it's very hard to reasonably expect he'll be spending all his free time by himself working out and watching film. No matter how much he does to keep in shape while away from the team, there is definately a period where all players need practice to get into game shape, that's what the preseason is for. So add at least 4 weeks for that, plus the time he'll need to learn our system and that's alot of wasted time and money for a player of his character. The only potential fit is with a team that runs a similar scheme as the Bears with him playing the same position.

I'm not a Tank-apologist, and definitely not a supporter of his poor-parenting decisions.

Weapon's charges + violating probation (with weapon charges) + speeding early in the morning (when under the speculative radar) = stupid.

Tank Johnson is stupid. So he doesn't fit into our plans; as our team values intelligent players.

However, I have yet to meet a rhodes-scholar named "Tank", and while the dumb-jock stereotype seems to prevail among football players, I don't see how anyone can be particularly shocked at this behavior from Tank. The man has made a career out of bull-rushing grown men with his rage. Here's the thing though, he is good at it. I have disagreements with a lot of player's life-decisions.

Are these guys heaven-bound? That's not up to me to decide. Can these guys play football 60 minutes a week? (well, after serving their suspension). That's the big question.

Archived