who would you guys compare Revis to?

TNJet

Charles Woodson, without the injury problems.

Revis is very strong in run support, which screams of C.Woodson back in his Michigan and Oakland days, and his pass coverage techniques are similiar to those of Woodson's. Charles Woodson is still a Number 1 Cornerback in this league. Its a shame injuries have plagued his career but to me he is still one of the best out there when healthy. Green Bay has one hell of a secondary.

Hopefully the Jets one day will too with Dyson & Revis. Dyson is still young, only 27 or 28 I believe.

Revis is very strong in run support, which screams of C.Woodson back in his Michigan and Oakland days, and his pass coverage techniques are similiar to those of Woodson's. Charles Woodson is still a Number 1 Cornerback in this league. Its a shame injuries have plagued his career but to me he is still one of the best out there when healthy. Green Bay has one hell of a secondary.

Hopefully the Jets one day will too with Dyson & Revis. Dyson is still young, only 27 or 28 I believe.

That's very ambitious.... there was a time for 2 or 3 years when there was NO corner I'd rather have then Charles Woodson.

Dyson just turned 28, hopefully he wont have too many injuries...

With only reading up on and watching him in college... Revis gives me the same feeling Rhodes does... you know he will always be near the ball... always be one step away from a huge play... always be the life of the D...

Now lets see him do this in the NFL and I will be freakin thrilled...

Rhodes and Revis... if they can both play on a "playmaker level" all you need around them is solid players... your entire team will never be superstars...

Dyson just turned 28, hopefully he wont have too many injuries...

With only reading up on and watching him in college... Revis gives me the same feeling Rhodes does... you know he will always be near the ball... always be one step away from a huge play... always be the life of the D...

Now lets see him do this in the NFL and I will be freakin thrilled...

Rhodes and Revis... if they can both play on a "playmaker level" all you need around them is solid players... your entire team will never be superstars...

good post.If Revis turns out half as good as Rhodes I'll be pretty happy.

That's very ambitious.... there was a time for 2 or 3 years when there was NO corner I'd rather have then Charles Woodson.

Indeed.

From '98-'02, Charles Woodson was THE top Cornerback in the NFL, no question about it.

I was really glad to see him play a full season again last season and come out with 8 picks, forging a top 5 Cornerback tandem with Al Harris. Now only if Green Bay had a Nickelback.

wasn't glen blazing fast though? revis isn't that fast, i don't think his speed will deture him too much, but as fast as glen?

Where is all this Revis isn't fast garbage coming from? He ran a sub 4.4 forty. The entire reason his draft stock rose so high before the draft was he ran a really good 40 time, before his 40 we could have possibly got him at our original pick.

A larger Aaron Glen

He hits better then GLENN too. He is nearly as good in coverage too and plays the run better then Glenn! He will develop well under Eric. I expect he will be one of the best in a short time. REVIS & RHODES!~ wow! Dyson is no slouch and I expect Coleman/ washington/ E. Smith to be tremendous too!

Overall I love our secondary and I also expect more from MILLER. If we get a great passrush, we will stop many top teams-this year!

Ok lets get back to reality here...if this guy was Charles Woodson like would he not have been a higher pick? it is not like cbs are a dime a dozen or anything. Nothing like putting way too much pressure on a young kid.. Would love to look back at what everyone wrote about Justin Miller when he was drafted

Ok lets get back to reality here...if this guy was Charles Woodson like would he not have been a higher pick? it is not like cbs are a dime a dozen or anything. Nothing like putting way too much pressure on a young kid.. Would love to look back at what everyone wrote about Justin Miller when he was drafted

That is a fair point. I think Revis fell atleast in part because he went to Pitt. Also, he didn't come with all the pub that Woodson did after winning a national championship. As far as miller goes - I think he is more of a cover two corner which would be great in the Tampa cover two system - but doesn't work with Mangini who likes his corners to tackle and cover one on one so he can blitz at anytime from anywhere.

Charles Woodson played at Michigan. Darrelle Revis played at Pittsburgh. Big difference. Not as much national media coverage, and Revis wasn't as good as Woodson was in college, but shows potential to be just like him.

Archived