Congrads Cubs

madmike1

It is just so difficult to predict how these things may turn out.

Kendall is one year removed from a .295 season in 550 at bats. He makes contact and draws decent walks.

I have not watched him in recent years, so it is difficult for me to say how he manages a pitching staff and calls a game. At the very least, he brings veteran leadership and stability to a position that has been turbulent for the Cubs.

How you measure that, and what the results will be are anybody's guess. Sometimes you just have to sit back and watch.

I think going back to the NL will do Kendall alot of good.

He is having a brutal year at the plate but so is Andreu Jones.

To me its 50-50. Either going to the Cubs or is going to reinvigorate Kendall or the Cubs got a dud.

I'm leaning towards he helps them.

Manager Lou Piniella says despite MadMike of JN's opinion he plans on batting Jason Kendall seventh in the lineup.

"He gives you a good, professional at-bat, and he'll take a walk," Piniella said. "Basically, he's been a .300 hitter his whole career." Geovany Soto is expected to be returned to Triple-A Iowa on Tuesday.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Manager Lou Piniella says despite MadMike of JN's opinion he plans on batting Jason Kendall seventh in the lineup.

"He gives you a good, professional at-bat, and he'll take a walk," Piniella said. "Basically, he's been a .300 hitter his whole career." Geovany Soto is expected to be returned to Triple-A Iowa on Tuesday.

I'm glad they're sending Soto down. He needs to get get swings and continue to sharpen his eye. He's not going to get that playing every 4 days up here.

Weren't the Athletics in the ALCS just LAST SEASON?

Yes they were. But the A's have a track record of falling apart in the playoffs.

They had 2-0 ALDS series leads in 2001 & 2003 but lost both series (both game 5's were held in Oakland). They were also swept last year in the ALCS.

Those 2nd half runs the A's go on each year seem to suck the life out of them once they enter the postseason. I'm not sure I see that typical 2nd half run coming this season. They have lost 8 straight.

If you have a 500s OPS i don't care how many "professional AB's" you give. YOU SUCK.

• 4 weeks later...
You just got the worst regular player in the majors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=3401

Right on the money as usual Mikey. I know you're not posting in the forum - but I wanted let you know you're still tracking large with expert analysis.

All Kendall's done in his first 20 games with the Cubs is bat for a .313 avg, a .410 OBP, .438 slugging %, knock in 9 runs, draw 9 walks while only striking out 6 times in 67 at bats. He's a washed up POS allright.

Right on the money as usual Mikey. I know you're not posting in the forum - but I wanted let you know you're still tracking large with expert analysis.

All Kendall's done in his first 20 games with the Cubs is bat for a .313 avg, a .410 OBP, .438 slugging %, knock in 9 runs, draw 9 walks while only striking out 6 times in 67 at bats. He's a washed up POS allright.

Yes, but he makes Michael Barrett look like Yadier Molina.

Don't forget

"cashman is an idiot for trading Randy Johnson"

"The Yankees are an 86 win team"

"Josh Becketts peripherals show that he's not a very good pitcher"

"Stolen bases are meaningless" (as the Yankees manufactured a HUGE insurance run in a big win yesterday via the SB)

"Melky Cabrera is a fourth outfielder"

"Josh Phelps is the answer at first base"

"Chein Ming Wang was the second best pitcher in the AL last year"

Did I leave anything out?

Don't forget

"cashman is an idiot for trading Randy Johnson"

"The Yankees are an 86 win team"

"Josh Becketts peripherals show that he's not a very good pitcher"

"Stolen bases are meaningless" (as the Yankees manufactured a HUGE insurance run in a big win yesterday via the SB)

"Melky Cabrera is a fourth outfielder"

"Josh Phelps is the answer at first base"

"Chein Ming Wang was the second best pitcher in the AL last year"

Did I leave anything out?

Ah yes...... a stroll through some of the better mikey-gems. There are more AF, but as he is thankfully not here to defend himself, we should let the let it lay.

Ah yes...... a stroll through some of the better mikey-gems. There are more AF, but as he is thankfully not here to defend himself, we should let the let it lay.

Not that there's much to defend but I get your point NJ. I'll leave it at that and enjoy the new and vastly improved baseball forum.

Archived