Curtis Retired!!!!

SoFlaJets

Close to buying a team? Looks like he invested that money quite well. I can't imagine theres a franchise out there that would cost less than a few hundred million.

Close to buying a team? Looks like he invested that money quite well. I can't imagine theres a franchise out there that would cost less than a few hundred million.

You have to pay for a franchise in cash? I would think you could borrow a hefty amount of it. Also it's unlikely he would be the sole owner.

I will always marvel at CuMarts talent and devotion to the game, his body - and even God, good for him. If he is not a first, second ballot HOF'er - there is something terribly wrong with that whole system.

That said, to me, he will also always be a Tuna Brown-nose little traitor who bolted my Pats to join the Jets....and said good-bye to potentially three SB Championship rings.

and with this kind of ignorance you claim Pats fans are smatta than Jets fans? PU-LEEAZZZ

and with this kind of ignorance you claim Pats fans are smatta than Jets fans? PU-LEEAZZZ

It's "personal" pops. :box:

Seriously though - it was hard to see him follow his mentor, Tuna, to the Jets. It took the Pats a while to fill that void, found Robert Edwards....and we all know what happened there.....and jeez louise, our salvation was Antowain Smith of all players. Go figure....anyway, nope. I will never forgive CuMart for bolting. Evah.

It's "personal" pops. :box:

Seriously though - it was hard to see him follow his mentor, Tuna, to the Jets. It took the Pats a while to fill that void, found Robert Edwards....and we all know what happened there.....and jeez louise, our salvation was Antowain Smith of all players. Go figure....anyway, nope. I will never forgive CuMart for bolting. Evah.

yea that stuff is hard to forgive-it took a lot of us a few years to let the Parcells thing go too-but we did-especially after he started helping Tannenbaum and Mangini during their 1st draft last year-oh yea we've never forgiven Mr Personality for bolting though and winning championships up there instead of here-THAT ONE will NEVER go away...EVAH

You have to pay for a franchise in cash? I would think you could borrow a hefty amount of it. Also it's unlikely he would be the sole owner.

Nobody says you have to pay in Cash..but you still have to have some incredible financial clout to get that kind of money. Although the article doesnt' mention another buyer I figured it would have to be done with other parties involved. It'll be interesting as hell to find out who it is. Imagine it was him and Parcells trying to buy the Jets.

Nobody says you have to pay in Cash..but you still have to have some incredible financial clout to get that kind of money. Although the article doesnt' mention another buyer I figured it would have to be done with other parties involved. It'll be interesting as hell to find out who it is. Imagine it was him and Parcells trying to buy the Jets.

Agreed it is interesting. Good for him if he can pull it out. I wasn't even aware any franchises were for sale.

It is very inappropiate of him to mention that he is in negotiations of buying another (if it is another, and Woody is not stupid enough to sell now), while he has just retired as a member of the New York Jets.

I agree Dierk. Arguably the only medium class move the guy made in his tenure in my book. Other than this latest maneuver - he's set a standard for high character that many of his other league mates should follow but never will.

Thank you Curtis for all you did.:cheers:

Perhaps he should have waited a day or two to to announce that he's in the process of purchasing another team, but I can't fault him too much. If it really is true, this is a huge accomplishment and opportunity for him. It seems as if he's already been retired for months now anyway. I wish him nothing but the best.

Archived