Gagne to Red Sox

CrazyCarl40

Barton is smart and I would never call him or anyone on this site stupid.

There are notions that I disagree with, and I will debate those.

There used to be a person who call names here, but he has left to the football side.

he was "mad"... what do you expect! :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barton, I am an owner of a baseball team. I hire a GM to run the operations side of team building.

What goals do I give him to serve under my command?

-Make our team better in all moves (or at least build toward the future).

Or

-Hurt the Yankees.

Explain the rationale.

I think what Barton is saying is the team will make themselves better either way, but at the same time, they will always ask more from the Yankees. If Gagne is only worth a middle of the pack starter and a 4th OF, why the hell ask for 2 of the top ten pitching prospects in the Yankees system. Both will make your team better, so why settle for anything less from any other team than what you are asking for from the Yankees.

Barton, I am an owner of a baseball team. I hire a GM to run the operations side of team building.

What goals do I give him to serve under my command?

-Make our team better in all moves (or at least build toward the future).

Or

-Hurt the Yankees.

Explain the rationale.

I believe I asked you first.....

How do you ask for the moon (Soriano and Nick Johnson) and then settle for table scraps?

The Dbacks owner absolutely loathes the Yankees, thats why. He knew the Yankees were not going to give him Soriano and Johnson, so the offer was not even on the table for him to decline (which is what you are inferring).

What this collusion is all about in this case, is certain teams asking for the moon when they negotiate with the Yankees, hoping in the slighest chance they get that moon, but once they realize they cant get that moon, they dont want anything less because they are in collusion vs the Yankees so they go right ahead and spin the player off to another team for far less than the moon.

They want it all and more from the Yankees, or no deal at all. Thats why I say its collusion.

Here's an interesting thought I found on another board. What if the Sox extend Gagne, and next year do what they wanted to do this year? Make Papelbon a starter.

They would then have Papelbon, Beckett, Dice-K, Lester, and Wakefield(I guess) as your starting staff. That's a pretty good, young staff.

They have Shilling's, Lowell's and Clement's money coming off the books. That's alot of money to go after someone to play 3rd.

How do you ask for the moon (Soriano and Nick Johnson) and then settle for table scraps?

The Dbacks owner absolutely loathes the Yankees, thats why. He knew the Yankees were not going to give him Soriano and Johnson, so the offer was not even on the table for him to decline (which is what you are inferring).

What this collusion is all about in this case, is certain teams asking for the moon when they negotiate with the Yankees, hoping in the slighest chance they get that moon, but once they realize they cant get that moon, they dont want anything less because they are in collusion vs the Yankees so they go right ahead and spin the player off to another team for far less than the moon.

They want it all and more from the Yankees, or no deal at all. Thats why I say its collusion.

Never mind the fact that it's completely untrue.

Thats why I say its collusion.

You want to know what else pe55es me off about the hatred of the Yankees?

Ever watch a player on ESPN, when they talk about him, they always show them striking out a Yankee or hitting a home run against them. It irks me. Like they only do these things against the Yankees

Anyone can ask the for moon from ANY team, and it happens all the time. Not to just the Yankees.

In the end though, you make the deal that works best for YOUR club, not the deal that hurts the Yankees.

Never mind the fact that it's completely untrue.

Yes it is. It is more than well documented the Dbacks asked for Soriano and Johnson, and it is a FACT they settled for garbage heap filler organization prospects instead because THEY IN FACT DID.

Then explain to me how you ask for Soriano AND Nick Johnson, then settle for table scraps from another team.

You cannot. And today is yet another case of teams in collusion vs the Yankees. Dont be so naive, every team hates the Yankees. They only like them when they have a salary to dump.

Well it's not like the DBacks thought they couldn't beat the Yankees in the WS.

You sound like Ham with your collusion theory. Yanks are too used to salary dumps fixing their problems.

Anyone can ask the for moon from ANY team, and it happens all the time. Not to just the Yankees.

Of course. But then teams dont go right around and trade the player for garbage instead. Thats the difference.

In the end though, you make the deal that works best for YOUR club, not the deal that hurts the Yankees

Its all or nothing when its collusion. All or nothing.

Show the confirmed documentation.

I dont have to. I read it every day for 3 weeks before and after as the yankees were trying to get Schilling. Good luck trying to find articles over 3 years old, I'm not gonna waste my time doing it.

Yes it is. It is more than well documented the Dbacks asked for Soriano and Johnson, and it is a FACT they settled for garbage heap filler organization prospects instead because THEY IN FACT DID.

This is Schilling's post from NYYfans.com.

The Yankees offer to the Dbacks was the same package they sent to Montreal for Vasquez. I said it then and I still believe it, if I was the Yanks I'd have wanted Javier over me 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. He's a whole lot younger and I have always thought he'd be huge stud, and he will be. After seeing him this year, I have to wonder why his arm slot is so drastically different than last year, it's not even close. He's a tough kid, and an extremely talented pitcher, and when all is said and done he'll win more than his share of games in NY, if he gets to stay.

There never was a Johnson Soriano request from AZ, I know that for a fact, that was an internal joke that some mediot from NY took as gospel, it was talked about, but both sides knew it was never on the table, any official that says so is lying to cover their butts.

He had a NTC, so I absolutely believe that he knew what the deals were going to be.

This is Schilling's post from NYYfans.com.

He had a NTC, so I absolutely believe that he knew what the deals were going to be.

You actually believe the words coming from curt schillings mouth, when the entire media reported it was johnson and soriano? :rl:

OK.

You actually believe the words coming from curt schillings mouth, when the entire media reported it was johnson and soriano? :rl:

OK.

Wait you mean the same media that you say doesnt know **** about a deep out pass?

OK.

I've actually given you insight from someone who was involved in the deal. You expect me to believe you? Show me some proof.

I've actually given you insight from someone who was involved in the deal. You expect me to believe you? Show me some proof.

Didnt you know... Barton is all knowing he doesnt need to prove it because he knows more than these paid professionals... :roll:

Curt Schilling wasnt negotiating the deal. lol

Everyone knows the Dbacks asked for Soriano and Johnson, it was ALL OVER THE NEWS FOR WEEKS. Build a timemachine and go back if you dont believe. I am NOT wasting my time looking up something that I know was in fact reported.

Didnt you know... Barton is all knowing he doesnt need to prove it because he knows more than these paid professionals... :roll:

Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. I already debunked your "barton is making it up he has no sources blahblah" crapola allegations in the jetswiki thread. I think you should keep quiet this time around.

I am done arguing today.

Archived