Reevis Update?

PhinHater

as far as i know nothing new

ive got faith in Jets management on this one though, something I would've NEVER said 2 years ago.

why? tennebaun has been negotiating jet contracts since the parcells era with great success. revis is the 1st guy not signed in a long time. sure i'd luv to see him in camp but i'm not 2nd guessing tenne at this point. so much goes on that is not reported with this kind of stuff. I am not concerned in the least as tenne as an awesome track record fo rsigning rookies. there is a precedent being set for good reason by this organization imo.

why? tennebaun has been negotiating jet contracts since the parcells era with great success. revis is the 1st guy not signed in a long time. sure i'd luv to see him in camp but i'm not 2nd guessing tenne at this point. so much goes on that is not reported with this kind of stuff. I am not concerned in the least as tenne as an awesome track record fo rsigning rookies. there is a precedent being set for good reason by this organization imo.

because our coaches were dunces two years ago and would've been crying for him to be in camp and "play to win the practice"

If this drags on this could be a pretty much lost season for Reevis and the 6th year, even if the Jet's get it, becomes sort of a moot point, doesn't it? With Miller looking good, trade Reevis's rights and Pete-the-bitch for a top OL-man.

I seriously doubt tennebaum feels this way. look for the revis camp to blink 1st & it will be soon. I would pretty much bet the farm revis will be a jet prior to game 1

This is the wrong issue for the front office to take a stand on.

Missing a large part of training camp can derail a rookie's entire career. With all the Jets gave up to get Revis, it is ****ing stupid to try and make an example out of him. Give him a five year deal and get his ass to the practice field.

I seriously doubt tennebaum feels this way. look for the revis camp to blink 1st & it will be soon. I would pretty much bet the farm revis will be a jet prior to game 1

I really hope so. I'd atleast like to see him in some nickle packages against the Pats.

If this drags on this could be a pretty much lost season for Reevis and the 6th year, even if the Jet's get it, becomes sort of a moot point, doesn't it? With Miller looking good, trade Reevis's rights and Pete-the-bitch for a top OL-man.

Now theres an idea

Tennebaum has done a great job with contracts since he's been with the Jets and I'm not about to start knocking him for not being able to get a 1st round pick signed. Revis holding out is only hurting one person, Revis. If he wants to hold out and basically show everyone that he is more concerned with money than establishing himself on this team as someone to be reckoned with, then that's his problem. Till he pulls his head out of his a$$ and decides that he isn't above the team , he doesn't deserve to wear that uniform

I don't understand the logic that the FO is using here. Only top 10 picks are signing six year deals. Tenennbaum is an accountant so he must know the difference between 14 and 10. Sign the man to a 5 year deal and if he's worth it extend his deal in a couple years.

Just curious...

any actual cold hard facts that this is about the # of years? or just a bunch of know it all reporters speculating?

I dont remember seeing anyone from the JETS or Revis saying it was about years... just writers...

Archived