Can't get too giddy or critical about the first preseason game...

NIGHT STALKER

But, I am amazed that we put up 31 freaken points with a vanilla style of play...that to me was impressive even for preseason.

And does anyone know how we stand with any injuries from last night?

As Jets fans, we are great... Believe me you, if we had any injurys last night this board would be going nuts and calling for Mangini's head!

But, I am amazed that we put up 31 freaken points with a vanilla style of play...that to me was impressive even for preseason.

Very true Night Stalker I have seen as you have seen the Jets go 4 and 0 in preseason and then have a rotten season.

The positives though are scoring most of the points in the first half before more and more fringe players get in.

the falcons are in turmoil, their best QB is Joey Harrington. nuff said.

the Jets have been smacking themselves in the mouth for months waiting for a game situation,

knew at 7:00pm last night this game was a lock

if i had any guts i'd put more than vCash on the line.

the Jets have been smacking themselves in the mouth for months waiting for a game situation,

I would never put anything on the line for a preseason game.

it was nice to see clemens look competent at QB but these games are completely meaningless. i still remember 4 years ago when spurrier made his debut and wuerffel lit it up in his first preseason game (i think against the falcons) in osaka. spurrier was talking about that game the rest of the year - it was about the only positive thing he had.

it was nice to see clemens look competent at QB but these games are completely meaningless. i still remember 4 years ago when spurrier made his debut and wuerffel lit it up in his first preseason game (i think against the falcons) in osaka. spurrier was talking about that game the rest of the year - it was about the only positive thing he had.

funny you mention that game FB-I was thinking about how this game reminded of that game too as I was watching last night. Remember how the opposing coach was pissed off at Spurrier for continuing to throw? Petrino is also a college coach...

funny you mention that game FB-I was thinking about how this game reminded of that game too as I was watching last night. Remember how the opposing coach was pissed off at Spurrier for continuing to throw? Petrino is also a college coach...

Speaking of which, that first quarter when Atl showed some ability to move the ball had Petrino's fingerprints all over it. He's a good coach, though we all know they have to wish they didnt trade Shaub.

Speaking of which, that first quarter when Atl showed some ability to move the ball had Petrino's fingerprints all over it. He's a good coach, though we all know they have to wish they didnt trade Shaub.

McKay had to have a bump the size of the goiter of the old lady Elaine Benes volunteered to watch on his forehead after the Vick thing came out "WHY? (boom) WHY? (boom) WHY? (boom) WHY did I trade Matt Schaub? WHY (boom)?"

I came home from boating & watched a movie with the mrs thinking the game was tapedelayed on nfl network.

went into the bedroom & clicked & I basically saw.so thats it folks jets 31 atl 16.

so I watched another movie ( man on fire....unreal movie even the 5th time ) then tuned in at 11 (we're central time) and watched it

sure I saw some good things but harrington & co. moved the ball at will & threw to wide open receivers (barring the seam route rhodes covered) 1 drive was stopped due to a bad pass to a wide open receiver

leon got us the field position on one score remember

I fell asleep for the 2nd half but was unimpressed with the 2 1st half scores especially after knowing we scored 31 pts.

the score means nothing & I did see some good stuff already mentioned in other threads.

I did like what I saw in our rb's though

This was one of the best first games in years for the jets even tho they have

won first games before.

I don't know if this was mentioned in any previous threads but I don't think

they had but one penalty the whole game and that was on Costanzo for a hit in

the back on a ko which is sometimes hard to avoid. Mangini must be besides himself.

This was one of the best first games in years for the jets even tho they have

won first games before.

I don't know if this was mentioned in any previous threads but I don't think

they had but one penalty the whole game and that was on Costanzo for a hit in

the back on a ko which is sometimes hard to avoid. Mangini must be besides himself.

was it Kassell on the extra point also?

Your right about that penalty. Forgot about that.

As an aside you are in rare form on JI today regarding pats fans. LOL.

just teaming up with our old Rivals board buddy Slikmo Senior since Tex decided to impose a week exile on himself-screw them Pats fans man-Slik is right they're ruining that site

just teaming up with our old Rivals board buddy Slikmo Senior since Tex decided to impose a week exile on himself-screw them Pats fans man-Slik is right they're ruining that site

Yeah Slik is a piece of work. Remember him from the JC board.

I remember his thread the other day "I'm taking this site back for jets fans" or

something like that. i almost fell off the chair laughing.

I didn't know Tex was on exile. Probably went into rehab for the mentally disturbed.

Yeah Slik is a piece of work. Remember him from the JC board.

I remember his thread the other day "I'm taking this site back for jets fans" or

something like that. i almost fell off the chair laughing.

I didn't know Tex was on exile. Probably went into rehab for the mentally disturbed.

yea he took a week off-he must have had a bad feeling about last night's games

Wow, Jets fans getting really excited over a preseason win. That's rich. I don't know if you noticed, but the Falcons were up 7-0 when we took our starters out, and we didn't even have 3 or 4 starters playing on defense and a couple of starters on offense. You guys beat up on a bunch of players who will never see the field.

Wow, Jets fans getting really excited over a preseason win. That's rich. I don't know if you noticed, but the Falcons were up 7-0 when we took our starters out, and we didn't even have 3 or 4 starters playing on defense and a couple of starters on offense. You guys beat up on a bunch of players who will never see the field.

What I don't understand is we also had a bunch of guys out there who will never

see the field but we scored almost twice and many points as your team did.

And speaking of guys who will never see the field again ..................

And you know I'm talking about your scum bag QB.

You have some balls as a Falcon fan coming on here and root for that scum bag..

Starters were there for the Jets' 1st touchdown, even though it was only an 8 yard scoring drive. The only non starter I saw as ours at Quarterback.

But hey, good luck with Joey Harrington. He will give you as much wins as Michael usually can. Meaning 5-7.

With Joey Harrington at QB the Falcons will go nowhere this year.

i though harrington actually looked pretty good against the jets. harrington definitely has the talent to be a good nfl qb he just doesn't seem to have the head for it. he can't seem to mentally make it - at some point he just starts making terrible decisions. it will be interesting to see what happens with petrino as his coach.

Archived