With the exception of our running game

DonCorleone

and superb special teams, we have the same problems as last year. Chad is easily rattled and can never beat a tough defence that actually pressures him. He will eventually get one of his receivers mangled from catching those lame ducks. Mangini's belief that an athletic NT is the answer, is off the mark. The addition of Revis won't matter this year. Why throw, when even Daffy Duck could run against our "athetic" NTs?

We will win games this year, but we are at the very least a QB and a NT away from having a real chance.

It's only the preseason... If you really think that Mangini had a game-plan for this game your crazy. Wait till Thomas Jones is rushing the ball and Leon is catching screens, just wait for us to blitz more on D... No way Mangini would give BB ANYTHING to game-plan for come week one.

Get the f outa here with this pre-season negativity.

I feel your pain dude, but it's preseason. We're missing our best offensive threat, Revis will make an impact. I'm a Clemens guy, but you have to have faith in whomever your QB is, so I believe in Pennington.

Don't get me wrong, I would never want any of our QB's to fail...no matter who is at the helm. And I completely agree that this is only preseason, but in these 2 games, is there any doubt in your mind that we are displaying the same weaknesses as the past year?

Don't get me wrong, I would never want any of our Qbs to fail...no matter who is at the helm. And I completely agree that this is only preseason, but in these 2 games, is there any doubt in your mind that we are displaying the same weaknesses as the past year?

Offensively, I think we're fine. On the other hand, our defense looks the same as last year.

Don't get me wrong, I would never want any of our QB's to fail...no matter who is at the helm. And I completely agree that this is only preseason, but in these 2 games, is there any doubt in your mind that we are displaying the same weaknesses as the past year?

Our run defense is capable of making anyone look great! Our lack of passrush is very evident too. I am not happy with our veteran QB making poor decisions! Overall a very poor exhibition!

Offensively, I think we're fine. On the other hand, our defense looks the same as last year.

We are playing a water-down scheme in the Pre-season. I know we will have a better D this year than last season. With the addition of D.Revis, it's gonna be the 2nd year for this Jets team in the 3-4, I just think we are playing basic football in the pre-season. No way Mangini will bring out the Blitz packages this early on,

We are playing a water-down scheme in the Pre-season. I know we will have a better D this year than last season. With the addition of D.Revis, it's gonna be the 2nd year for this Jets team in the 3-4, I just think we are playing basic football in the pre-season. No way Mangini will bring out the Blitz packages this early on,

Where the hell is Harris, I haven't seen him do ANYTHING.

I think you strengthen my point. In other words, if we do not blitz, our NTs can't stop the run or pressure the qb. Blitzes should not be the sole means of passrush.

Theres nothing that pisses me off then hearing the whining in preseason. Relax like I said before preseason is more for the coaches to get a look at players and certain schemes in game situations. The coaches don't have any kind of plan going into the game it's all about getting to see different looks.

I don't see the big weakenesses on D. Last week it was solid an this week besides a couple big plays which killed us it hasn't looked all that bad. The D itself hasn't even been on the field that much considering the Vikings got like 3 defensive touchdowns. The only thing that has been suspect to me is the secondary but that's kind of expected considering all the injuries we have there. All in all its still only preseason.

Theres nothing that pisses me off then hearing the whining in preseason. Relax like I said before preseason is more for the coaches to get a look at players and certain schemes in game situations. The coaches don't have any kind of plan going into the game it's all about getting to see different looks.

I completely disagree. There is a plan. Preseason is as much for the players as it is for the coaches. Certainly, they do not care about winning or losing like they would in the regular season, but, they do look to see how the problem areas from the previous year have been addressed. And if one can't complain or admire what goes on in a preseason game, what is the point of playing it or watching it? BTW, did you see how POs Mangini was with Chad on the side lines? if it means nothing, the why would a coach that usually shows no emotion, even address certain things on the field if preseason is meaningless? I think that it was LC that last year said that they practice like they play...

I completely disagree. There is a plan. Preseason is as much for the players as it is for the coaches. Certainly, they do not care about winning or losing like they would in the regular season, but, they do look to see how the problem areas from the previous year have been addressed. And if one can't complain or admire what goes on in a preseason game, what is the point of playing it or watching it? BTW, did you see how POs Mangini was with Chad on the side lines? if it means nothing, the why would a coach that usually shows no emotion, even address certain things on the field if preseason is meaningless? I think that it was LC that last year said that they practice like they play...

Not for nothing, but the D has only given up 13 points.

Yea the results in preseason mean nothing. It's basically like practice only your going against another team and its in a game format. Other than that its like a practice. You try to get better at certain things and you try different things out. The only meaningful thing is for the players getting into game situations and for the coaches to see all the different looks. It has no bearing to what will happen in the regular season.

Yea the results in preseason mean nothing. It's basically like practice only your going against another team and its in a game format. Other than that its like a practice. You try to get better at certain things and you try different things out. The only meaningful thing is for the players getting into game situations and for the coaches to see all the different looks. It has no bearing to what will happen in the regular season.

well put

It's only the preseason... If you really think that Mangini had a game-plan for this game your crazy. Wait till Thomas Jones is rushing the ball and Leon is catching screens, just wait for us to blitz more on D... No way Mangini would give BB ANYTHING to game-plan for come week one.

Your joking right? That was a joke?

I hate to be near you when we lose a game this year. Actually if it was a REAL game I would be upset. Take it easy....

I thought B Thomas got good pressure tonight, as well as Ellis. Its not enough pressure mind you, but at least its something positive to take from tonight. Kendall was good at LG for the most part, so if he stays here thats a big plus. IMO

Our run defense is capable of making anyone look great! Our lack of passrush is very evident too. I am not happy with our veteran QB making poor decisions! Overall a very poor exhibition!

Last week I thought our run D did rather well.... In fact, I didnt think it was so bad this week, with the exception of that 1 drive and a couple of plays here and there after that. But this is preseason, and making these mistakes now is better then making them vs. the Pats in week 1.

Yeah, what you don't factor into the equation is that the other team is also running a "water-down" scheme and Chad Pennington threw them two touchdowns.

He sucks. He is awful. I liked him a lot better last week when he did the only thing he excells at: handing the ball off.

Yeah, what you don't factor into the equation is that the other team is also running a "water-down" scheme and Chad Pennington threw them two touchdowns.

He sucks. He is awful. I liked him a lot better last week when he did the only thing he excells at: handing the ball off.

Its also the 1st game he has played in since January... Dont you expect a LITTLE rust?

Well, we have the same problems as last year and win 10 games and go to the playoffs, is that a problem?

BZ

If you can't stop the run it is. All I am saying is that losing here is not the problem. But I would have liked to see the team concentrate on stuffing the run. I don't think that this season there will be a lack of wins, but teams will keep on running on us until we show that we can stop it. I mean, I don't think that we've had a real NT since we lost Ferguson.

and superb special teams, we have the same problems as last year. Chad is easily rattled and can never beat a tough defence that actually pressures him. He will eventually get one of his receivers mangled from catching those lame ducks. Mangini's belief that an athletic NT is the answer, is off the mark. The addition of Revis won't matter this year. Why throw, when even Daffy Duck could run against our "athetic" NTs?

We will win games this year, but we are at the very least a QB and a NT away from having a real chance.

Don't agree at all on NT. D-Rob is not the DL problem.

AGREED !

Yes. 10 wins and the playoffs is not good enough.

Please explain to me why making the playoffs is a bad thing? You do know that the superbowl is part of the playoffs right?

In order to win it all, the first step would be to make the playoffs.

Please explain to me why making the playoffs is a bad thing? You do know that the superbowl is part of the playoffs right?

In order to win it all, the first step would be to make the playoffs.

Thats why I said "not good enough"

making the playoffs is great, don't get me wrong but if we don't improve our run defense we'll be making a first round exit guaranteed.

Archived