What's up with D-Slob?

He had a nice "flash" last season. But, he seems to be back to his invisible ways again. He is just getting blown off the ball on every play. What are we going to do with this guy?!!!

You are correct. They will find something to plug LG, but NT will continue to be this team's single biggest problem. DRob simply is not a NT. Pouha surprised me with his quickness, but I was equally surprised by his seeming lack of strength.

IT'S PRE-SEASON.

Understood, and everyone's comments are based on pre-season observations.

When some of us wrote tc reports they were based on tc observations.

And after the first game, the posts will be about the first game observations.

I am more concerned with the OL than anything. i think a lot of the other stuff will get sorted out, including the defense.

Understood, and everyone's comments are based on pre-season observations.

When some of us wrote tc reports they were based on tc observations.

And after the first game, the posts will be about the first game observations.

I am more concerned with the OL than anything. i think a lot of the other stuff will get sorted out, including the defense.

I just think it's unfair to judge a team...a Mangini coached team no less on pre-season games.

Mangini will NEVER show you his gameplan for a game that "doesn't count". The Jets were 2-2 last pre-season, which is the worst we could finish this year.

I'm concerned with the o-line too, but if anyone thinks this is the team you will see on opening day then you are setting yourself up for letdown.

I just think it's unfair to judge a team...a Mangini coached team no less on pre-season games.

Mangini will NEVER show you his gameplan for a game that "doesn't count". The Jets were 2-2 last pre-season, which is the worst we could finish this year.

I'm concerned with the o-line too, but if anyone thinks this is the team you will see on opening day then you are setting yourself up for letdown.

We're on the same page, mon. I posted my 10-6 prediction last night, so obviously i think we'll see a different team in the regular season.

I am unloading my criticisms now after keeping them off to the side during tc, so as not to give biased reports. I am seeing them in preseason speed now as opposed to tc speed, and not liking seeing them get blown off the LOS on both sides of the ball.

But I do expect a difference between regular season speed and PS speed.

:character0293:

It would be a pleasant surprise, not a letdown - I hope (although I am not sure about some people). But yes, you can't get too excited or depressed about pre-season. But it can indicate some signs of concern. There is not doubt that LG is a huge hole right now and that D'Brick does not seem to be stepping up like you would think in his second year. Now, Bender or Clarke could emerg and D'Brick could very well be fine by opening day. The signs so far are just not inspiring.

It would be a pleasant surprise, not a letdown - I hope (although I am not sure about some people). But yes, you can't get too excited or depressed about pre-season. But it can indicate some signs of concern. There is not doubt that LG is a huge hole right now and that D'Brick does not seem to be stepping up like you would think in his second year. Now, Bender or Clarke could emerg and D'Brick could very well be fine by opening day. The signs so far are just not inspiring.

Someone said it best lastnight..once the Jets find a decent LG that can do his job...Brick won't have to worry about blocking 2 people at once.

Sadly... Drob getting blown off the line has NOTHING to do with gameplan... lol

Sadly... Drob getting blown off the line has NOTHING to do with gameplan... lol

AGREED.

Everyone wants to make it a point that the defense did not gameplan, or the offense did not gameplan, which I counter with "did the Giants gameplan"? The offense I'll cut some slack, since the Giants sent wave after wave of blitzers, but on the defensive side of the ball, the Jets continue to look soft against the run.

I watched the Niners play Chicago and both teams looked solid against the run. No, there was no gameplanning on either side. For the Niners, I watched their NT, Sopoaga hold his own against arguably the best center in football, Olin Kruetz, while their linebackers completely swarmed to the ball, limiting Benson to 30 some odd yards on 19 carries.

Sure, it's preseason, BUT this is still the NFL, and you must line up opposite someone and beat them. D Rob can't do that consistently enough, nor can our linebackers.

Face it. If this team can't get enough pressure from up front, Mangini will have no choice but to blitz.

He had a nice "flash" last season. But, he seems to be back to his invisible ways again. He is just getting blown off the ball on every play. What are we going to do with this guy?!!!

wa it just me,or did you see coleman dogging it on the juust about every play too? something doesn`t seem right. maybe it is on purpose. it`s a silly idea,but the deffense look like it was sleep walking

let's wait until they start using real playbook before going nuts.

that statement should apply to the whole team, by the way.

waiting might be too late to win! It is time NOW that we do something. Trade, FA, why didn't ERIC make a play for a real OG and NT? Sam Adams is old but still can play the run and protect VILMA. Nah, Eric stood still! Smiley, Faneca wanted to move and we signed Clarke! Bender has a long way to go. bit, we haven't lost a regular season game yet. If we can get a real NT and LG, we just might contend for a ring! That is what we are in business for!

IT'S PRE-SEASON.

This logic is beyond BS IMHO. When Vilma cant shed a block, is he doing this because its pre season? When Drob cant stop the run in any way possible, is he doing this just because its pre season? Is Chad Pennington throwing INT's because IT'S PRE-SEASON!!??? Are they all just doing this because its part of their master plan to trick all these other teams into thinking this? Well, obviously its not, and hopefully we aren't in for a long season like I am predicting. I'm tired of hearing eveyone bail out our NYJ's just because its pre season, that excuse wont fly. If they've been doing it all pre season, then when the regular season starts in two weeks, they arent going to magically start shedding blocks and being dead on accurate, ect... Wake up

even if we believe they are getting driven off the ball (they aren't but let's just accept it for sake of argument)

it follows that just as a team in the playoffs will try far harder than a team in the regular season, a team in the regular season will try far harder than a team in preseason.

yeah except that average players don't win defensive player of the week twice

Ty Warren, who was drafted 13th in 2003, has more tackles, sacks & fumble recovery's than the bowling ball with butcher knives who was drafted 4th.

Warren has also "won" defensive player of the month.

Bit: I will never understand why you stick up for DRob.

I guess it was just they big hype everyone put on this guy and he hasent lived up to expectations.

How bout a sh!tlioad of $$$$$$$$ that puts him at a top 10 salary in the NFL...Anyone actually think he's anywhere NEAR top 10? Didnt think so... In fact, he might not even be a top ten D.LINEMAN in the league, forget about overall player!!

Unless D-Rob produces big this season, which I highly doubt. He should be traded and replaced with a more suited player either in the draft or free agency.

No one will take that kinda cap for an avg player... The Jets are going to let his contract run out the year after next and will either resign him to something reasonable or let him walk.

How bout a sh!tlioad of $$$$$$$$ that puts him at a top 10 salary in the NFL...Anyone actually think he's anywhere NEAR top 10? Didnt think so... In fact, he might not even be a top ten D.LINEMAN in the league, forget about overall player!!

If you listen to the DRob apologists he's in a bad system and playing out of position. WTF is his position anyway?

If I'm not mistaken he played in a 4-3 in 2003, 2004 and 2005.

Archived