Looking to Join a Tailgating Party

jets4653

I'm not going to be there opening weekend, but I should be at most of the home games this season. I just moved to NJ so I'll be looking for some good tailgates.

Plus, If anyone here's up to the challenge... I'll bet a 12 pack I can slam a beer faster than anyone on this board ;)

We don't consume alcohol here. Not sure what kind of board you think this is exactly!

:P

the last guy that claimed he could out drink some of us at our tailgate has been humbled to stalking the place kicker

124 made that claim?

The dude has huge frickin hands, that damn beer looks like a little shot glass in his hands.

Pride and professionalism on the drinking site is expected by all, no outlandish bragging.

hold on a sec . . . i am coming up from Virginia for the game, have tickets . . . can't i just pay for parking like usual and set up a tailgate inside the gates???

No, not any more. Due to construction on the new Giants stadium, parking is a commodity. You need to purchase a parking pass to tailgate. May I suggest Ebay, Craigslist or TicketsNow.

Stick with me. I'll show you the ropes.

hold on a sec . . . i am coming up from Virginia for the game, have tickets . . . can't i just pay for parking like usual and set up a tailgate inside the gates???

short answer: no

Long answer: no you cant.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/game/parking/

Construction has begun on the New Meadowlands Stadium, Xanadu and new rail line. As a result, we will lose several thousand parking spots for the 2007 season. In an effort to ensure that Season Ticket Holders have access to parking at the Meadowlands Sports Complex, reserved parking will be replaced by a Pre-Paid Parking Permit program for Season Ticket Holders.

moz-screenshot-4.jpgmoz-screenshot-5.jpgIn the coming months, as we begin construction on the New Meadowlands Stadium and rail line, one of our priorities is to reduce overall vehicular traffic times, ease congestion and provide ample, well-marked parking for our fans. However,as we work to achieve these improvements, parking and traffic conditions will worsen before they get better.

During construction, various lots will be closed at different times and several thousand parking spaces will be lost for the entire 2007 season.

We understand the short-term challenges this will create for all of our Ticket Holders and we truly appreciate your patience as we work to alleviate parking and traffic issues on a long-term basis. As a result of the ongoing construction there will be no reserved parking lots for the 2007 season.

Instead, in an effort to ensure that all of our Season Ticket Holders have access to parking at the Meadowlands Sports Complex, we have instituted a new Pre-Paid Parking Permit Program. You must purchase your Pre-Paid Parking Permits for the entire

season by June 15th to park at the Meadowlands. The total cost for your Pre-Paid Parking Permits is $150 ($15 x 10 games) for cars and SUVs.

2007 PARKING ALERT

STADIUM PARKING POLICY

Please note that if you do not return the enclosed invoice and purchase Pre-Paid Parking Permits before the preseason begins, you will not be permitted to park in any

of the Meadowlands lots. Satellite parking and shuttle service to the stadium from yet to be determined areas will be available. Satellite parking location(s) should be

within 2 miles of the Sports Complex.

We strongly encourage carpooling. If your group has one Pre-

Paid Parking Permit for a game and you arrive in multiple cars,

only one car will be permitted to park at the Meadowlands

Sports Complex. All other cars will be sent to off-site satellite

parking lot(s).

Though we encourage our fans to enjoy safe and responsible

tailgating activities, in an effort to ensure that all those Ticket

Holders with parking permits can park at the Meadowlands, the

one car, one spot policy will be strictly enforced. Violation of

this rule may result in expulsion from parking lots and/or suspension of season tickets.

In an effort to maximize available parking spots for our Season Ticket Holders, as noted on the diagram on the

reverse side of this sheet, Pre-Paid Parking Permits can also be used for the lots and parking deck across Route 120

on the Arena side. All parking lots and spots are available on a fi rst come, fi rst serve basis for Pre-Paid Parking Permit

holders only.

PAYMENT FOR PRE-PAID PARKING PERMITS DUE NO LATER THAN JUNE 15

What else do I need to know about satellite parking?

[*]All Season Ticket Holders who did not purchase Pre-Paid Parking Permits and ALL other fans must park in satellite parking. You will not be permitted to park at the Meadowlands Sports Complex (including Arena parking lots).

[*]Load and go school buses will provide shuttle service from the satellite parking area beginning 4 hours prior to all Jets games. Return trips to the satellite parking area should be complete within 1

4H - - i am coming to the game with 3 pats fans that I want to get terrorized . . . i won a bet, and they had to buy me tix to the game . . . can i get beer into the parking lot or can I give you some money for us to grab beers for a few hours before the game???

Coming up from VA, and Im trying to get some good tailgating time in, this new rule is very very gay!!!

Archived