Tannenbaum Must Go!

rukbat

Is $1 million too much to pay for an insurance policy for your QB? Mike Tannenbaum thinks so and because he wouldn't make Pete Kendall happy Pennington may be out for awhile. Tannenbaum has gone after STARS in the draft and free agency while ignoring where football begins -- the offensive line. Look at the horses Dallas assembled to protect their young quarterback. Tannenbaum is more concerned with saving money than with putting a winning team on the field. Like Bradway before him, Tannenbaum doesn't understand football basics. He's got to go and we need to find a real football man for GM

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is $1 million too much to pay for an insurance policy for your QB? Mike Tannenbaum thinks so and because he wouldn't make Pete Kendall happy Pennington may be out for awhile. Tannenbaum has gone after STARS in the draft and free agency while ignoring where football begins -- the offensive line. Look at the horses Dallas assembled to protect their young quarterback. Tannenbaum is more concerned with saving money than with putting a winning team on the field. Like Bradway before him, Tannenbaum doesn't understand football basics. He's got to go and we need to find a real football man for GM

another i wanna be a gm thread

This really didn't have anything to do with money but rather not wanting to set a precedent where players are calling the shots. Once a front office works with this kind of player then everyone else will be forming a line right behind him.

This would be from the FO point of view. Without knowing all of the details would be hard to say who is right or wrong.

Guys, Tanman isn't the reason the team was sleep walking through the game yesterday, it wasn't tanman that had the defense AT-BAY for 47 minutes of the game, it wasn't tanman that had our special teams look like a popwarner unit. Sorry, but that game prep, that's strategy, that's playing up to your competition and that using emotion and the beating they got in the first round of the playoffs last year...maybe Not-so-Mangeniuos should have shown them Rocky 2!!!!

Wow, the guy was a king of kings for making the Jones trade, now he is a jerk and must go.

Perspective kids, try it sometime.

BZ

I hear ya BZ, and you are right, but on the other hand, they kinda did screw the pooch this offseason with their handling of Kendall and Revis. It is obvious that the Jets payed an absurd amount just to save face and get their 6 year deal. The pick before got about 15 mill and the guy after got about 14 mill both for 5 years, while Revis gets 36 mill for 6 years. If they were gonna pay that kind of coin, they could easily have signed him well before camp, but they didn't have the original intention of that but were forced when they realized their hard tactics were not gonna work. And them trying to play cute with Kendall obviously backfired as they had to let him go to save face and the goober they anointed as the starter wasn't even made active yesterday, and all over a lousy million dollars because they can say they didn't want to set a precedent, but everyone knows that is a load because the team renegotiates down all the time to suit their interests.

I know we all play Maddan and think we can rummage up a great team right in the cap space, the reality is that Tangini has done a pretty damn good job.

I know the sky is falling on Monday morning, but just hang in there, we have a few more games to play before anyone is fired.

BZ

Wow, the guy was a king of kings for making the Jones trade, now he is a jerk and must go.

Perspective kids, try it sometime.

BZ

That trade was seriously overrated by Jets fans. Before thet trade nobody would have considered TJ an impact player, but afterwards Jets fans were acting like we got one of the better RBs in the league. Never mind the fact that I doubt even LT could pump out a good running game with this O-line, this mediocre back was supposed to revitalize the run game. LW has more than enough talent to be a good RB in this league, it's the O-line that is the problem. You don't fix an O-line by getting an RB.

If you put LW behind the Broncos or Colts lines he would get 1300 yards easy.

I know we all play Maddan and think we can rummage up a great team right in the cap space, the reality is that Tangini has done a pretty damn good job.

I know the sky is falling on Monday morning, but just hang in there, we have a few more games to play before anyone is fired.

BZ

I'm not saying anyone should be fired. But there is a HUGE amount of room for improvement after yesterday's dismal performance. I wonder about anyone who is content with how most of the team played yesterday.

And i was responding to college boy's assertion that he was content with the FO's level of attention to the OL. Having cap room doesnt help protect your QB.

That trade was seriously overrated by Jets fans. Before thet trade nobody would have considered TJ an impact player, but afterwards Jets fans were acting like we got one of the better RBs in the league. Never mind the fact that I doubt even LT could pump out a good running game with this O-line, this mediocre back was supposed to revitalize the run game. LW has more than enough talent to be a good RB in this league, it's the O-line that is the problem. You don't fix an O-line by getting an RB.

If you put LW behind the Broncos or Colts lines he would get 1300 yards easy.

So find your post on this board where you said the trade was overated (before yesterday).

Link to it. I will enjoy the read.

BZ

So find your post on this board where you said the trade was overated (before yesterday).

Link to it. I will enjoy the read.

BZ

I've definitely said he isn't that good and that O-line is the problem, and I accused one guy of playing Madden too much for thinking an RB fixes the O-line. Why don't you search my posts for those terms and enjoy the read yourself? You seem to know what key words to look for.

I've definitely said he isn't that good and that O-line is the problem, and I accused one guy of playing Madden too much for thinking an RB fixes the O-line. Why don't you search my posts for those terms and enjoy the read yourself? You seem to know what key words to look for.

Saying the offensive line was the problem, isn't breaking any crystal balls but upgrading from NOBODY to a 1,200 yard rusher for a second round slide is a great job.

BZ

Saying the offensive line was the problem, isn't breaking any crystal balls but upgrading from NOBODY to a 1,200 yard rusher for a second round slide is a great job.

BZ

I liked the trade and still do. But if the OL cant open holes up, it wont matter who is carrying the rock. It will still be 3rd and 8.

Jones is a 1200 yard rusher on the Bears. On the Jets he's an average RB behind a below average line, which makes him look like crap.

He'll have a couple of good games, but if the choice was

1. a cheap short-yardage RB (Duckett, etc) to complement Leon & they both run behind say Derrick Dockery entering his prime - AND retain our original draft position in round 2 so we didn't need to burn still more picks to trade-up for Harris.

2. An average RB - now 29 years old) who was in a good situation in Chicago, & they run behind Bender/Clarke

...we chose poorly.

Thomas Jones was a STEAL and you all know it. Its the only reason we acquired him.The other steal we should have got was Randy Moss for a 4th round pick.

This team needs to seriously look into the defensive scheme we are using we dont have the players to make the 3-4 work.It was obvious yesterday.

If you were watching THAT team for 40 years, I would agree.

New team, new period to judge by.

Start fresh every year.

BZ

Why are you so hesitant to criticize yesterday's poor effort?

If they played great and won we'd be happy and would be praising them.

They played like crap in the trenches, and will be facing another physical team this week. They need to suck it up and come and play or they will get their asses kicked again.

Archived