Kellen has the confidence of his teammates- nyjets.com

Kentucky Jet

What do you expect? As much as me and others expect from Kellen, we're not dellusional. He is going to struggle against the Ravens who have been one of the best defenses in the NFL for years. Its a tough way to start your first ever regular season game:

On the road

Only 1 week or less of preperation

Against a Top 3 Defense

Good luck I say to you Kellen my boy, you will need it this week. If Chad is out past this week however, Kellen should settle down and impress against Miami next week.

I just hope that the penningtonfan82's, Jetcane's, ecurb's and madmike's of the world don't come on this board Sunday night and bash on Kellen after he has a so-so game against a great defense in his first ever NFL start.

That being said, if Kellen is not handcuffed by Mangini, Schott & Co., then he will be able to make some throws that Chad cannot. He is also more mobile back there, as evidenced yesterday in his short time in the game.

What do you expect? As much as me and others expect from Kellen, we're not dellusional. He is going to struggle against the Ravens who have been one of the best defenses in the NFL for years. Its a tough way to start your first ever regular season game:

On the road

Only 1 week or less of preperation

Against a Top 3 Defense

Good luck I say to you Kellen my boy, you will need it this week. If Chad is out past this week however, Kellen should settle down and impress against Miami next week.

I just hope that the penningtonfan82's, Jetcane's, ecurb's and madmike's of the world don't come on this board Sunday night and bash on Kellen after he has a so-so game against a great defense in his first ever NFL start.

That being said, if Kellen is not handcuffed by Mangini, Schott & Co., then he will be able to make some throws that Chad cannot. He is also more mobile back there, as evidenced yesterday in his short time in the game.

well stated. IMO it is quite sickening how some people are openly rooting against Kellen. I guess those people only care about CHAD and not the Jets winning. That is a shocker. I have seen guys on other boards just about hoping that Kellen fails or gets injured too. Why? Aren't we all Jets fans? The idiots that cheered yesterday were bad but guys who are anti-Kellen, just because he is our backup QB , are just as bad, if not worse. They forget that this is a TEAM game. TEAMS win SUPER BOWLS. Hero worship has no place in TEAM sports!GO JETS!

But it is time to rally around Kellen. Hope that the line gives him time and the run block better. Ideally you don't want to throw a QB with just about zero regular season experience in against a top 5 defense. You'd hope it would be a Cleveland or someone like that. I am sure whatever adjustments need to be made will be in place. Kellen will have a week of practice with the first team and that will help too. He certainly didn't look ready when he came into the game on Sunday. But he was playing behind a matador o-line. Go Kellen!!!

But it is time to rally around Kellen. Hope that the line gives him time and the run block better. Ideally you don't want to throw a QB with just about zero regular season experience in against a top 5 defense. You'd hope it would be a Cleveland or someone like that. I am sure whatever adjustments need to be made will be in place. Kellen will have a week of practice with the first team and that will help too. He certainly didn't look ready when he came into the game on Sunday. But he was playing behind a matador o-line. Go Kellen!!!

and as the article said: It was not a running situation when he came in. They pinned their ears back and went right at him. No one mentions that he completed 5 passes with some mustard on them and they were expecting him to throw! That is a great defense. But the CHADANISTAS simply will never give any other QB credit. I wonder if CHAD gets traded to KC if the CHADANISTAS will become CHIEFS fans? LOL

well stated. IMO it is quite sickening how some people are openly rooting against Kellen. I guess those people only care about CHAD and not the Jets winning. That is a shocker. I have seen guys on other boards just about hoping that Kellen fails or gets injured too. Why? Aren't we all Jets fans? The idiots that cheered yesterday were bad but guys who are anti-Kellen, just because he is our backup QB , are just as bad, if not worse. They forget that this is a TEAM game. TEAMS win SUPER BOWLS. Hero worship has no place in TEAM sports!GO JETS!

Sorry KY you gotta show some proof on an accusation like that. If there are other posters on other sites then they are just as bad as the people that cheered when Penny went down. I also would say that if there is that type of reaction against Kellen then it is probably some a$$ that feels what happened to Chad was wrong. Tit for tat. Still wrong in my eyes but they are no worse than they a$$holes that cheered Penny getting hurt. I take that back. Maybe they are worse in one sense. If Kellen goes down then Tui steps in. Karma is a bitch man. Booing a hurt Chad is bad karma. Hoping Kellen gets hurt is bad karma. Tui stepping in could be the payback. Now I am scared.

and as the article said: It was not a running situation when he came in. They pinned their ears back and went right at him. No one mentions that he completed 5 passes with some mustard on them and they were expecting him to throw! That is a great defense. But the CHADANISTAS simply will never give any other QB credit. I wonder if CHAD gets traded to KC if the CHADANISTAS will become CHIEFS fans? LOL

KY they were basically in a prevent when he came in. They were sitting back and letting go anything underneath. They four guys that rushed were doing what they did all game. You think the rush was any different when Penny was in there? They had their ears pinned back the entire game.

Sorry KY you gotta show some proof on an accusation like that. If there are other posters on other sites then they are just as bad as the people that cheered when Penny went down. I also would say that if there is that type of reaction against Kellen then it is probably some a$$ that feels what happened to Chad was wrong. Tit for tat. Still wrong in my eyes but they are no worse than they a$$holes that cheered Penny getting hurt. I take that back. Maybe they are worse in one sense. If Kellen goes down then Tui steps in. Karma is a bitch man. Booing a hurt Chad is bad karma. Hoping Kellen gets hurt is bad karma. Tui stepping in could be the payback. Now I am scared.

for proof, just read the other Jets boards. JI and GG especially. The CHADANISTAS are livid with rage against Kellen! Many predict he will fail and are gleeful about it. It is all there for you to read.. There is even one underhanded phony on my homebase. Look at some of the snide comments against Kellen on this board for starters. IMO real Jets fans do not react that way. GO JETS!

for proof, just read the other Jets boards. JI and GG especially. The CHADANISTAS are livid with rage against Kellen! Many predict he will fail and are gleeful about it. It is all there for you to read.. There is even one underhanded phony on my homebase. Look at some of the snide comments against Kellen on this board for starters. IMO real Jets fans do not react that way. GO JETS!

Really? i've been reading all three boards today and i havent seen that. Do you have a link?

I think the snide comments have been directed at the pathetic fans who cheered when CP went down, and not towards Clemens.

I dont think anyone has high expectations about him starting against the Ravens, but I havent seen anyone "gleeful" that he will fail- unlike the fans who were gleeful when Pennington went down- who truly are pathetic excuses for fans.

First off I don't bother with he other boards. Jets Nation is the only site that matters so why go slumming. But show me a post here where someone is rooting for Kellen to fail? I haven't read everything so please enlighten me. Name your underhanded phony? Go ahead. Call them out? I mean guys like 124, Barton seem almost gleeful over Chad getting hurt. I don't think they rooted for him to get hurt or rooted that he was hurt. But once it appeared he was hurt a door opened. Kellen is going to get a start. As Barton said "Nature took care of that hehehehe". So they are indifferent to Chad getting hurt. Sometimes indifference is viewed as complicity.

As for Kellen's performance. He had two nice throws on those outs. I like his arm. It is WAY better than Chad's. But he still only averaged like 7-8 yard a reception. That's what I mean about making adjustments. I am hoping there are more down field attempts. but you couldn't expect much more out of any QB with the line playing the way it did. I hope Kellen is watching this game closely. I hope he watches some of the past games between these two teams. The Bengals do pretty well against this defense. Like 124 said challenge Rolle. They just said Lewis is playing with a torn tricep so who knows if he will be in the lineup next week. Still a tall order for Kellen especially if the line plays the way they did this past Sunday.

people say you gotta 'ease' kellen into the line up

BS. I want to know if he can play with the big boys. this is a league where if you can play right away you play right away.

Clemens isn't ready but neither was Brick ready when he gave up the sack that broke Chad's ankle. No one is really ever ready - this is why he was drafted, so that if Chad went down, the season wouldn't be over.

note he doesn't have to be perfect, but he has to show potential, even in defeat. if he looks like crap from whistle to whistle than it's probable he's not the player fans are looking for to take this team to the Super Bowl.

I fully expected NYJets.com to run an article stating that Kellen wasn't ready.

lol, their hands are kind of tied when it comes to what they can write! :) They should hire ecurb as an assistant editor.

Ecurb has not been around. Something smells fishy.

people say you gotta 'ease' kellen into the line up

BS. I want to know if he can play with the big boys. this is a league where if you can play right away you play right away.

Clemens isn't ready but neither was Brick ready when he gave up the sack that broke Chad's ankle. No one is really ever ready - this is why he was drafted, so that if Chad went down, the season wouldn't be over.

note he doesn't have to be perfect, but he has to show potential, even in defeat. if he looks like crap from whistle to whistle than it's probable he's not the player fans are looking for to take this team to the Super Bowl.

You're right to an extent that he needs to show flashes. But its difficult to write off a player after his 1st year starting. Look at Alex Smith, he looked like a complete bust and now he looks like he could be at least pretty good.

I don't expect Clemens to play well against a defense like this so early. All I want to see is him show flashes of his potential and play smart.

Chadanistas? Five passes, with mustard? I like Clemens he looked much better in the '07 preseason, but against the Pats there were at least two plays where he looked like he would wet himself. Clemens may well be talented enough to start in the NFL, but if you think you saw that against the Patriots I don't know what you were watching.

I give the kid a pass because he came in during the middle of a rout, but don't give me "he has only one week to prepare" WTF has he been doing all off and preseason? If you are in the NFL you'd better be prepared to start. Was he "preparing" to carry the clipboard all year? He may very well look like **** against the Ravens. Many qbs do. I won't hold that against him either, but I hope he shows some confidence and leadership.

If there are actually human beings who call themselves Jets fans, who are so enamored with Chad, that they would actually root against Clemens (and therefore, the Jets), all I have to say is now I have heard it all.

I think they are also going to be disappointed. I think Clemens can play.

Ecurb has not been around. Something smells fishy.

Making a hospital visit?

If there are actually human beings who call themselves Jets fans, who are so enamored with Chad, that they would actually root against Clemens (and therefore, the Jets), all I have to say is now I have heard it all.

I think they are also going to be disappointed. I think Clemens can play.

I hope nobody is rooting against Clemens. My confidence in him is limited. Particularly this week. He will really be hamstrung by the utter lack of running game. I hope you are right and he can play.

I hope nobody is rooting against Clemens.

I hope not too, but unfortunately, I think there are Jets fans like that. Just like I have no doubt that certain fans wanted Chad to play bad, or even get hurt, just because they don't like him. It is amazing.

I can be wrong, but i believe in Clemens game!! Of course i'm Chad fans, he prove to ourselfs he lead the team to a PO, he did it last season, so, why he cannot show in this season.

Ok, Someone here, will tell me the opost of what i'm saying, but Clemens show to all of us he can be better of pennington, like he show in pre-season. To some peoples preseason, its nothing, but to me, show what they can do, in the real situation. Like Stuckey and Wright. They can been the other targets to our QB's!!!

So, this mean, like Clemens and Pennington, will lead us to Play-Offs (i hope, of course), with: Coles, Cotchery, McCareins, Stuckey, Wright and Baker!!! This all my receivers!!!

Sorry to someguys don't believe in me, but i hope we won some SB...ehehehe!!!

Cya guys!

Thanks for listen!

I frickin told ya the Jets should have had Kellen Clemens getting 1st team reps this offseason. They didnt get him any 1st team reps, the egg got all of them. :bag:

becuase the JETS like Chad and his ability to score twice in the air VS a very good and CHEATING defense... one while injured...

Kellen didnt do squat in garbage time...

Archived