Sorry Charlie

RSJ

The guy is rebuilding the program give him a break...it will take recruits to make them better which they have not had in years. And Mangini's defensive card?

Don't play that excuse, he did well when he had Tyrone Willinghams great recruits. Now that he has had to recruit his own players he has show he sucks at recruiting. Even with that shortcoming though if he was such a genius he should have at least had his team score 1 offensive TD in 3 games.

The guy is rebuilding the program give him a break...it will take recruits to make them better which they have not had in years. And Mangini's defensive card?

First, about 75% of the players on the Irish this season are Weis recruits. If they arent good enough to step in and play for the -- according to Irish fans -- wretched Willingham jrs and srs then I guess he didnt do such a great job recruiting either.

Second, he isnt being criticized for having a mediocre team -- which is the least a program like ND should expect in a "rebuilding" year -- he's being criticized for fielding what is probably the worst looking team to see the field this season in college football.

The bitch of it is for ND fans is that its the offense that is really letting the Irish down. If Weis was an offensive genius they would have at least found a way to score an offensive TD during one of the three games they have played.

He is an arrogant, over rated, blow hard.

Recruits are probably lining up right now to decommitt and God bless them.

Notre Dame - 0

Michigan - 38

I'm just sayin' Tyson.:P

Ryan Mallet 4 Heisman in 2009!

This is an interesting statement from you, considering that you seemingly are not willing to cut Mangini any slack at all, yet in turn you expect others to cut Weiss slack stating that he is rebuilding. Curious.

Charlie staples is getting embarassed, I love it.

Why Willingham doesnt get the same excuses is beyond me.

Notre Dame is an embarassment to college sports.

Willingham was a black coach for a school whose fanbase is 99.9% white. I don't usually like to bring up the race card, because, sometimes it is BS, but, when people think of Notre Dame, all of their golden boys and "great" coaches were white. The fanbase is largely white (trash), and Weis is an obese white guy who just won Superbowls with the Patriots.

How can anyone blame their recruiting classes? They have the resources and recruiting classes every year that they should actually be real contendors for the National Championship. The golden boy Jimmy frankly sucks. Oh yeah, he stayed back a year in middle school so he could be one year older than everyone in the sports.

Maybe when Saban is done in Alabama, he can whip Notre Dame back into shape, because they are a lazy vainglorious program. The players are too hyped up and coddled, like Darius Walker. How can a team go anywhere when its coach is so fat, he can't move anywhere?

Archived