Mangini a marked man ? From PFT

HAMMERMILL

They have whistle blowers laws for a reason.

Plus, do you honestly think Mangini could not pass this on to the media without fear of repercussions? Of course he could. Would he have to search near or far in the local or national media to find a person Belichick has been a dick to and would not mind causing him problems? No. What media person in their right mind would pass that opportunity up? No one. Hell, Ron Borges would love to rip Belichick. He did it enough without ammo. Actually, giving him something to use would make his day.

Jets' fans have been quick to point that Patriots fans are pointing the fingers elsewhere but at themselves. It is true in some cases. Jets' fans need to have a little inner reflection also on that coach.

-He did know about it. He worked his way up from an intern to DC. He never said anything about it. He used it for his benefit until it did not benefit him anymore. Then he said and did something. He reaped benefits from cheating. How much of what he was hired for was gained from the Patriots cheating?

PFSIKH, if you are trying to tell me that Eric Mangini carries a taint and tarnish while he was a member of tehe New England Organization, I absolutely agree. It appears everyone on or about that team is carrying a taint. We do not disagree there.

How easy it would have been for Mangini to step away from that, if he had righteous indignation, is impossible for any of us to say.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea tha tthere will be backlash against Mangini is assinine. This whole thing is cooked up by Patriot apologists in order to justify their teams cheating. The Billick thing is not a result of the Patriot scandal, it is the result of Billick being a whiny little bitch as he always has been. It is the classic case here of the guilty party trying to turn the tables and blame the the one that was wronged. Total BS.

The idea tha tthere will be backlash against Mangini is assinine. This whole thing is cooked up by Patriot apologists in order to justify their teams cheating. The Billick thing is not a result of the Patriot scandal, it is the result of Billick being a whiny little bitch as he always has been. It is the classic case here of the guilty party trying to turn the tables and blame the the one that was wronged. Total BS.

And even what Billick said is true about Mangini...I wonder where he (mangini) learned that trick from....hmmmmmmmm.

And even what Billick said is true about Mangini...I wonder where he (mangini) learned that trick from....hmmmmmmmm.

If Jimmie Johnson said he did it as a coach in the 80s, it is a lot more prevalent then any jets fan wants to admit.

Ask cops that NARC on other cops how they are perceived?

PFSIKH, if you are trying to tell me that Eric Mangini carries a taint and tarnish while he was a member of tehe New England Organization, I absolutely agree. It appears everyone on or about that team is carrying a taint. We do not disagree there.

How easy it would have been for Mangini to step away from that, if he had righteous indignation, is impossible for any of us to say.

It should have been easy if he was a being of such high moral character.

If Jimmie Johnson said he did it as a coach in the 80s, it is a lot more prevalent then any jets fan wants to admit..

If what you say is true, then it's no big deal what Mangini did...how prevalent was using video and or audio? I only know of one coach and organization that's been using it.

I thought everyone carried a taint with them...

If Jimmie Johnson said he did it as a coach in the 80s, it is a lot more prevalent then any jets fan wants to admit.

Ask cops that NARC on other cops how they are perceived?

It should have been easy if he was a being of such high moral character.

Prevalence and "moral character" have nothing to do with it. The ****ing guy was cheating against Mangini's team. Even the most ardent believer in the blue wall is going to bring it up if the abuse is directly against him. Mangini did not go to the press and has hardly mentioned the matter. All he did was put a stop to the blatant cheating against his team. Unless you think Mangini should have kept things in house and just crossed the field and had some stick time with Belly I don't see what else could have been done.

This is just the begining of the trouble for Mangina and the Jets. Are Jet fans so dumb that they don't understand the Mangina took part in the video taping when he was in New England? He was the D coordinator, and is every bit as guilty of cheating as B.B. Yet Jet fans dion't want to talk about that now do they? ;)

Maybe he did! Maybe he didn't! Why should Jets Fans want to talk about what Mangini knew or didn't know when he was the D coordinator for the Patriots. Bellichick was caught having a person in his employ video-taping signals from the sidelines. Whether or not the Jets players were vocalizing snap counts to draw the Ravens players offsides is a penalty if the Ref hears them. Did they do what Billick accuses them of doing? Maybe they did and maybe they didn't. Is Billick friendly with Bellichick? Who knows? But he certainly does not like Mangini, that's for sure. Could Billick be pulling a little chicanery of his own? Hmmm.....

He won the game didn't he? What is he complaining about? His team has the best home opener win percentage in the league's history and his team has probably the best D in the entire league. Yet, he still has a problem with the Jets trying to draw his players offsides. That's a 5 yard penalty if it's caught. Yes, it's illegal, but it's part of the game and sometimes teams pay dearly for it. To compare that to what Bellichick did is infantile.

When this first broke was'nt it reported that a memo went out prior to the season about this, was'nt bb warned in the past? and didnt they also state that nfl security was already alerted to watch out for this behavior? If so would it not make sense to watch out for it at every patriots game? Is it fact that mangini started this by whistle blowing? or was it someone else on the staff that was already alert to this due the the memo that was sent to all 32 teams? It sounds to me that mangini is getting run through the mud in order make what bb did seem not as bad. as far as our d simulating the snap count, that is small potatoes, it is a game penalty and they were not called for it. I would consider that to be gamemanship. Players always talk trash on the field in order to get in the opposing teams heads. I dont see the revelance between the two.

Semper Fi:fighting0002:

So, you feel police abuses should be ignored, and not reported?

Is this what this has now come to?

PFSIKH, is it acceptable in the Service to disregard orders and act in regard against the platoon?

We really are taking this to silly levels, but you started it.

No, but you seem to think Mangini was trapped and fearful of repercussions and that excuses him from not saying anything.

Yes, if the order is morally wrong. I can not order my soldiers to kill an innocent civilian or rape a woman. They can not use that as an excuse of doing it.

Prevalence and "moral character" have nothing to do with it. The ****ing guy was cheating against Mangini's team. Even the most ardent believer in the blue wall is going to bring it up if the abuse is directly against him. Mangini did not go to the press and has hardly mentioned the matter. All he did was put a stop to the blatant cheating against his team. Unless you think Mangini should have kept things in house and just crossed the field and had some stick time with Belly I don't see what else could have been done.

I am not questioning him NARCing Belichick. He has every right and by position of being the NC of NYJ should. It was his choice on how to do it.

In a perfect world whistle blowers are accepted with open arms, but we both know that rarely happens.

Yes, if the order is morally wrong. I can not order my soldiers to kill an innocent civilian or rape a woman. They can not use that as an excuse of doing it.

So, soldiers are trained to respond to orders and morally judge that order?

If an A bomb is ordered to be dropped, the soldiers are equipped to morally judge whether that is the correct, moral decision?

If a room is ordered to be wiretapped, the soldier can question whether that is moral?

i did not know that.

This is just the begining of the trouble for Mangina and the Jets. Are Jet fans so dumb that they don't understand the Mangina took part in the video taping when he was in New England? He was the D coordinator, and is every bit as guilty of cheating as B.B. Yet Jet fans dion't want to talk about that now do they? ;)

I could talk about it..to be honest this whole situation blows from the get go...cheating is cheating that's it. The problem is we are the ones that got smacked cause one way or another that information helped the Pats win. I am not saying that we would have won if the Pats wern't doing that, just that it helped give the Pats just a little more edge over the Jets.

As for Brian B. that guys is an ass*&^&. Never liked this guy to start with and never will. The other problem is the NFL is also full of crap. Take a look at how many times they have changed the rules, or revised the rules or worse yet can't seem to get the freaking rules between officials correct during a game. Even with the stupid review processes.

I for one don't buy the fact that the NFL didn't know about any of these cheating techniques taking place...come on.... this type of stuff and worse has been going on for years. Just imagine what would hapen if a real investigation took place into the play stealing and if it impacted the super bowls this particular team won. What do you think the fallout would be....you might as well call the NFL, not for long, cause it would have been shot and a death knell blow.

Just because it happened to the Jets and Man-g-knee-us used to work for the Pats doesn't lessen the fact that the Pats did this....if the Pats are doing this, what do you think all the other teams are doing????????

I am not questioning him NARCing Belichick. He has every right and by position of being the NC of NYJ should. It was his choice on how to do it.

In a perfect world whistle blowers are accepted with open arms, but we both know that rarely happens.

So how should he have done it? Sent a few goons over to break the camera? Please explain the proper way to have this douchebag stop filming the Jets sideline. During a ****ing game in the Meadowlands!

PFT was on fire last week with all kinds of speculation/slander against the Pats and most Jets fans were eating it up like gospel (I'm not calling you out).

PFT is a rumour mill and never says who writes their "articles."

Here is the website: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Gainzo- Thanks. The fact that you felt you had to put "most Jets fans were eating it up like gospel" says it all. It may have come from a well placed source from BB's office for all we know. I guess it remains to be seen what the fallout (if any) will be for Mangini.

So how should he have done it? Sent a few goons over to break the camera? Please explain the proper way to have this douchebag stop filming the Jets sideline. During a ****ing game in the Meadowlands!

27- You are not talking about the situation I am.

How he did it during the Patriots game is irrelevant.

I am talking about during his Patriots' tenure.

Are you thinking that this practice of cheating was going on while E.M. was in new england? If so then by your own thoughts you are acknowledging that the pats have been cheating for some time. Does that make E.M. somewhat of a cheater for not spilling the beans then? Would you commit career suicide if say you were an 1st Sgt or a Col bucking for the next promo to Sgt Maj or General, and you were to rat out your superior officer over some act that was not needed to be exposed? Would you do it? Well thats the situation E.M. was most likely in while he was at New England. If he ratted then no team would of hired him, one for being a rat, two- he didnt establish his worth to anyone outside of the Pats organization yet. Why would he do that at 34 years old or younger? Now this is not the military it's football, when it comes to ratings and dollars morals are 2nd.

I dont think this should have any bearing on E.M. now as a coach of his own team.

Semper fi:fighting0002:

You complained about Mangini "NARCing" on Belly and the premise of the thread is that he would be frowned upon by members of the coaching community. Maybe the Hoodie's fraud went back to his days with the Giants and Mangini was aware, but please explain why this mythical coaching community would have a problem with Mangini keeping his yap shut and only calling Belly on it when it was used directly against the Jets. I don't see it. Maybe other coaches will think Mangini is cheating, but big deal. They've already thought that about BB for years.

Unlike some people, I do not have this view that Mangini is above reproach. Maybe he cheated, maybe he knew the Pats did, but: 1. If he did, the Pats cheating is deeper and more important that Pats fans are admitting and 2. No matter how you slice it BB is worse.

Mangini has never been caught and has not be acting all righteous. All he did was force the Pats to stop doing it against the Jets. Period.

Well, the other part is that he embarassed Belichick and Kraft on a national scale and that may actually be the best part of the whole thing.

True, but Belichick and Kraft are embarrassed by their own actions and the fact they were caught. They were simply a by-product of Mangini stopping them from cheating him. Mangini didn't do anything to exacerbate the problem with the press.

You complained about Mangini "NARCing" on Belly and the premise of the thread is that he would be frowned upon by members of the coaching community. Maybe the Hoodie's fraud went back to his days with the Giants and Mangini was aware, but please explain why this mythical coaching community would have a problem with Mangini keeping his yap shut and only calling Belly on it when it was used directly against the Jets. I don't see it. Maybe other coaches will think Mangini is cheating, but big deal. They've already thought that about BB for years.

Unlike some people, I do not have this view that Mangini is above reproach. Maybe he cheated, maybe he knew the Pats did, but: 1. If he did, the Pats cheating is deeper and more important that Pats fans are admitting and 2. No matter how you slice it BB is worse.

Mangini has never been caught and has not be acting all righteous. All he did was force the Pats to stop doing it against the Jets. Period.

Come on 27......do not read too much into Narc.

Anyways, if we believe the assertion that most or all teams cheat, would you have reluctance to hire him? It is all speculation on my part, but look at what he did.

He dimed (correctly so mind you) his mentor.

The guy that brought him into the NFL, coached him up to the point he became a HC and then after benefiting from cheating dimed out Bill.

Maybe he warned Bill not to. We do not know. However, Mangini's actions seem a little dirty.

Come on 27......do not read too much into Narc.

Anyways, if we believe the assertion that most or all teams cheat, would you have reluctance to hire him? It is all speculation on my part, but look at what he did.

He dimed (correctly so mind you) his mentor.

The guy that brought him into the NFL, coached him up to the point he became a HC and then after benefiting from cheating dimed out Bill.

Maybe he warned Bill not to. We do not know. However, Mangini's actions seem a little dirty.

But, we all know Bellicheat is dirty...big difference.

Archived