Jets | Pennington to start Week 3

Smizzy

What makes you think this??

Is it so hard for you to believe that Mangini actually thinks Chad is the better of the 2 QB's??

He watches the 2 every day in practice Barton, not you. Im pretty sure if he'd seen enough from Clemens he'd have put him in.

Your just making up stuff saying that he is to 'afraid' to make the change. Why in the name of God do you believe that is the case.

because he is right and everyone else is wrong...

Mangini and Shotty (a former QB coach) couldnt possibly evaluate the talent of a QB better than him...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really?

Chad played well VS the Pats... the same Pats that DOMINATED the chargers and LT... he scored more in less time than the Chargers and with less to work with.. not to mention hurt for the 2nd TD...

HE is 6-1 VS the Phins

How does it not make sense? Mangini isnt going to risk losing the season and play Clemens... until the JETS cant make the playoffs you go with the guy who you know will lead you there.

The Jets aren't making the playoffs. We have zero chance. Chad is injury prone, old and has no arm strength. KC its the QB next year and it just makes no sense to not give him the experience he needs this year. I'd rather go 0-16 and give kc some time ti improve and show us if he really has it or not than go 8-8 get a ****ty draft pick and be in the same situation next year. I don't want to be sitting here at 0-2 next year saying "gee, I wish KC would be put in because chad is 33 and can't throw a ball more than 5 feet" or "Gee, I wish we would have found out that this kc kid is a scrub and only did well against a prevent defense"

The Jets aren't making the playoffs. We have zero chance. Chad is injury prone, old and has no arm strength. KC its the QB next year and it just makes no sense to not give him the experience he needs this year. I'd rather go 0-16 and give kc some time ti improve and show us if he really has it or not than go 8-8 get a ****ty draft pick and be in the same situation next year. I don't want to be sitting here at 0-2 next year saying "gee, I wish KC would be put in because chad is 33 and can't throw a ball more than 5 feet" or "Gee, I wish we would have found out that this kc kid is a scrub and only did well against a prevent defense"

You will be eating your words when the JETS are playing in the Superbowl this year.

Call me crazy but I think Chad is going to come out with fire now. This team looks kinda bad now, it's true, but a good QB can motivate the entire team and really change things. Chad's been going through the motions for a few years now, and yeah he's been injured, but I posted this before and I still think it's true: Chad has NOT played with the same intensity he did in 2002 and I think that is the difference. I think he mentioned that he got burned out before, but I don't think that's an excuse. I want the O-linemen headbutting, first down signalling intense badass that I saw years ago. If he doesn't do that now, he will lose his job within 4 weeks. If he does do it? We might be talking about doing some serious damage in the playoffs this year.

Call me crazy but I think Chad is going to come out with fire now. This team looks kinda bad now, it's true, but a good QB can motivate the entire team and really change things. Chad's been going through the motions for a few years now, and yeah he's been injured, but I posted this before and I still think it's true: Chad has NOT played with the same intensity he did in 2002 and I think that is the difference. I think he mentioned that he got burned out before, but I don't think that's an excuse. I want the O-linemen headbutting, first down signalling intense badass that I saw years ago. If he doesn't do that now, he will lose his job within 4 weeks. If he does do it? We might be talking about doing some serious damage in the playoffs this year.

We will win the next 4 games and roll our way into the PO's.

UNDER CHAD!!

Ill bet you $1,000,000,000 they do...

I dont make bets online... sorry buddy

BP bet on them to win it all on his vegas trip...

You wanna do this over the phone? you can drive to to NYC and we can have an official contract signing? I'm serious about this.... okay okay.. is $1000 too rich for your blood. I'll bet you $500, $400, $300? my avatar, my sig and a thread about how awesome you are that the Jets do not make the super bowl.

He had the fire in his injured TD drive VS the Pats... maybe that did it... he alomst snapped his helmet into pieces when he limped off..

and then we will face a top defense and: ONE and DONE!

and we'll have the 26th pick for no reason and people will be happy going one and done for the next 3-4 years under CP. If ecurb got his way the jets would lose in the wild card game for the next 6 years and every year would be a success.

He had the fire in his injured TD drive VS the Pats... maybe that did it... he alomst snapped his helmet into pieces when he limped off..

I think Chad has a serious point to prove after the way he was treated vs the pats.

On that drive, he was perfect.

There is more to come NY'ers.

and we'll have the 26th pick for no reason and people will be happy going one and done for the next 3-4 years under CP. If ecurb got his way the jets would lose in the wild card game for the next 6 years and every year would be a success.

Ypu are aware that there are fans of other teams who would kill just to see their teams in the PO's.

The Lions

The Crads

The Texans

The Browns

The Bills

The Raiders

These teams are living proof that high draft picks do not = success.

The Jets also have a pretty bad history with high picks.

Ypu are aware that there are fans of other teams who would kill just to see their teams in the PO's.

The Lions

The Crads

The Texans

The Browns

The Bills

The Raiders

These teams are living proof that high draft picks do not = success.

The Jets also have a pretty bad history with high picks.

I never said a high draft pick = success or even that I want the Jets to have one. Take last year for example, what did the Jets get from making the playoffs? nothing, we are in worse shape this year because we made the playoffs and got slaughtered in the first round. Now we're gonna go 3-13 because our talent was overestimated because we got killed in the first round of the playoffs.

I originally had the Jets finishing at 11-5!

After week one, I still felt we had what it takes and even though a change in QB can actually help.

After week two, I saw a team sleep walking (yet again) for the first 3 quarters and then start up in the 4th.

Now here we are in week 3, and my heart says Penny will have a "big" game. My head says, Penny will come out and lay an egg. I hope my head is wrong!!!! If my head is right, KC has got to be the starter the following week...end of story.

Question:

If by some miraculous chance the Dolphins beat the Jets, do you pull Pennington?

penningtonfan82, ecurb and madmike, your answers are not needed as we all already know them.

OK its obvious your dying for someone just to say yes.

care to mention how Chad plays??

If he is bad, and I mean bad. Yeah it has to be seriously considered.

If he is good and it is again the D/O-lines fault.Then No.Its all irrelevent anyways as chad and the Jets are gonna whup those pieces of :pooh:

I never said a high draft pick = success or even that I want the Jets to have one. Take last year for example, what did the Jets get from making the playoffs? nothing, we are in worse shape this year because we made the playoffs and got slaughtered in the first round. Now we're gonna go 3-13 because our talent was overestimated because we got killed in the first round of the playoffs.

Eh what??

We got a quality RB in Thomas Jones, a CB who I believe is something special in Darrelle Revis and a beast of a LB in David Harris.

Hardly nothing is it???

The jets will not go 3-13 this season or anything close. After the next 4 weeks that record will be impossible.

I originally had the Jets finishing at 11-5!

After week one, I still felt we had what it takes and even though a change in QB can actually help.

After week two, I saw a team sleep walking (yet again) for the first 3 quarters and then start up in the 4th.

Now here we are in week 3, and my heart says Penny will have a "big" game. My head says, Penny will come out and lay an egg. I hope my head is wrong!!!! If my head is right, KC has got to be the starter the following week...end of story.

Why do you think Penny will 'lay an egg'???

Question:

If by some miraculous chance the Dolphins beat the Jets, do you pull Pennington?

penningtonfan82, ecurb and madmike, your answers are not needed as we all already know them.

Was it a shootout or even just a close 24-21 game? Then no...

If Chad cant move the ball, then Clemens should get another shot... sooner than later...

if you're trying this use this post to call Barton a Hypocrite you really need to go back to English class. I know the irony of me saying this while using incorrect grammar, but I'm not trying to be mean, just helpful.

i copy and pasted it from a dictionary online...didn't even read it...by all means correct their grammar and send them an e-mail. The only thing i typed on the whole post was...'now i'm confused'

which reminds me....now i'm confused?

Why do you think Penny will 'lay an egg'???

By Penny laying an egg does not mean the jets will lose. Just that I think Penny is doing way to much thinking and not playing the QB position. The OL is....swiss cheese and that's in his mind too.

Archived