With the First pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select.........

SouthernJet

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they get the no1 pick they have to take McFadden.

They have to take McFadden why? We have Jones & Washington, there is no room / need for Darren McFadden. What the Jets would NEED to do is take Glenn Dorsey and then switch back to the 4-3.

If they get the no1 pick they have to take McFadden.

Absolutely.

Its too early to say who goes where, but McFadden is the best player in this draft.

You dont pass on him because you have a Thomas Jones or Leon Washington.

And anybody who wants to take Chris Long in the top 5 needs their heads checked. He's a frickin 3-4 defensive end, you dont take those guys in the top 5 ever. I like him, but he's not exactly Seymour.

Absolutely.

Its too early to say who goes where, but McFadden is the best player in this draft.

And anybody who wants to take Chris Long in the top 5 needs their heads checked. He's a frickin 3-4 defensive end, you dont take those guys in the top 5 ever. I like him, but he's not exactly Seymour.

You think Tampa wishes they would have thought that way with Adrian Peterson? You take the talent when it is available.

Absolutely.

ding ding ding we have a winner

Any moron that passes on a franchise RB for a nice player like Long

deserves to have a losing team.

Run DMC is better than LJ, trade TJ we invested little

Did we swap picks with the Miami Dolphins?

now now now, take it easy there. We're still the absolute best 0-6 team in the history of the NFL. Anyone who disagrees with me knows nothing about football.

you're 1-5!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Who's better,...Tom Brady or Pennington??? ROFLMAO!!!!!..Remember THAT debate??!!!! LOL

Absolutely.

How can you say he's not Seymour? He's a great DE who would be amazing for our rush defense which we need help with more than the running game. Next years draft will also be loaded with talented RBs so you can find a good one later on.

Absolutely.

long can play de in a 4 man front,,he has the size...

Mcfadden isnt near the prospect Peterson was.

110% correct.

I havn't heard much of McFadden at all this year.

You see McFadden lovers, Adrian Peterson is what we like to call a REAL NFL RUNNING BACK WHO CAN TAKE A POUNDING.

Darren McFadden? Meet Reggie, Meet Leon, Meet...

Yeah. HHe's the type of player you change your defense for.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I hope you're not. Glenn Dorsey is one big boy and would help a 43 defense become very, very good very, very quickly.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I hope you're not. Glenn Dorsey is one big boy and would help a 43 defense become very, very good very, very quickly.

I wasnt. If we pick Glenn Dorsey we need to tailor the defense around his best interests.

They have to take McFadden why? We have Jones & Washington, there is no room / need for Darren McFadden. What the Jets would NEED to do is take Glenn Dorsey and then switch back to the 4-3.

We get our teeth kicked in on defense for two years trying to institute the 3-4, after 2 years we draft someone to go back to the 4-3? Somehow i doubt that mangini does this. I say bite the bullet, trade a bunch of our talented but ill fitting defensive players and use the draft on one key Oline Player and as much D linemen as we can get with our picks/trading up. Give TJ one more year running behind that and give KC a better Oline to work behind. If they make wholesale changes on the Dline I will be happy to put up with another year of growing pains there with the 3-4. I would think trading vilma and wome other defensive players could get us some good picks in the draft.

Am I the only one who thinks Mcfadden=AD? They're both big and super fast. We have more pressing needs than running back but I wouldn't be complaining if we copped Mcfadden.

The Vikings have no weapons other than Peterson and look what he did there. Put Mcfadden on a team with the receiving corps that we have and the offense is instantly lethal.

Am I the only one who thinks Mcfadden=AD? They're both big and super fast. We have more pressing needs than running back but I wouldn't be complaining if we copped Mcfadden.

The Vikings have no weapons other than Peterson and look what he did there. Put Mcfadden on a team with the receiving corps that we have and the offense is instantly lethal.

I don't think we have the line to really take advantage of him, and when a back doesn't have a line to open everything up he is gonna get worn down running into a wall, like Dominick Davis, so whats the point?

I don't think we have the line to really take advantage of him, and when a back doesn't have a line to open everything up he is gonna get worn down running into a wall, like Dominick Davis, so whats the point?

The O line isn't terrible. Still I'm hoping in the unlikely event that we end up with Mcfadden we spend another 1st day pick on the O line. Moving Vilma could probably net us a 1st or 2nd. Also I'm praying that next year we have a quarterback that defenses actually respect. A vertical passing game would work wonders for the run.

Plus, do you expect us to have a crappy offensive line for the next 10 years? Just because we don't have an awesome line now doesn't mean we shouldn't take an elite running back.

Archived