Next season will be telling........

NIGHT STALKER

Okay, most made Mangini a "genius" last year...a lot of posters had these little freaken penguins in their sigs...cute stuff.

This year, he fell back down to earth for a variety of reasons. You can write a small book on bad moves this year...from some of the F/A signings to game time adjustments or lack of...Pennington/Clemens, and the list goes on.

Notice how quiet the other part of this "genius" duo hasn't said a peep...but Tanny was all over the Jets this time last year.

Yes, next year will be very interesting...another bad season like this and this franchise could be in "same old Jets" mode for several years to come if the Manny/Tanny duo turns out to be more of a dog and pony show rather than the real deal.

Okay, most made Mangini a "genius" last year...a lot of posters had these little freaken penguins in their sigs...cute stuff.

This year, he fell back down to earth for a variety of reasons. You can write a small book on bad moves this year...from some of the F/A signings to game time adjustments or lack of...Pennington/Clemens, and the list goes on.

Notice how quiet the other part of this "genius" duo hasn't said a peep...but Tanny was all over the Jets this time last year.

Yes, next year will be very interesting...another bad season like this and this franchise could be in "same old Jets" mode for several years to come if the Manny/Tanny duo turns out to be more of a dog and pony show rather than the real deal.

NEXT year will be the "same old Jets" mode? Come on. We have drafted undersized players for a "future". A future of losing. We are CURRENTLY so deep into the "same old Jets" mode it's not funny. and there's no sign of that letting up for YEARS to come.

The biggest thing that concerns me is that the roster will be gutted in favor of 3-4 players, the team fails and Tangini gets booted. Then we will get a new regime that will look to gut the roster so that the Jets can play a 4-3. It's a vicious cycle.

The biggest thing that concerns me is that the roster will be gutted in favor of 3-4 players, the team fails and Tangini gets booted. Then we will get a new regime that will look to gut the roster so that the Jets can play a 4-3. It's a vicious cycle.

Bring back Bruce Coslet. He will install an offense that will make us not care what the defense is doing.

I don't know how many "next years" we got Bill-this **** is getting old man I want a championship-last one you were in a jungle and I was still pissing my bed

I don't know how many "next years" we got Bill-this **** is getting old man I want a championship-last one you were in a jungle and I was still pissing my bed

LOL...Jimmy, your brother and I pissed our beds many times over in the big show...you weren't alone my friend.

Jets are pissing in their beds as we speak....:bag:

Bring back Bruce Coslet. He will install an offense that will make us not care what the defense is doing.

The only thing that I can remember about the Coslet era is a Monday Night Football game where he called successive 3rd and 14 draw plays on 2nd and 3rd down for a net gain of 2 yards. Needless to say, the fans were not happy. :bag:

Excellent point. This is one thing I think is on the owner. I believe you can't blame the owner for personnel decisions or keeping his mouth shut and sticking with his coach despite the crappy record. You can blame him if it's his fault they didn't spend all available cap room and when he makes a coaching change he should look to choose a coach that can work with the nucleus of the team. Not just go with whatever is in fashion now, like trying to style ourselves after the Pats.

LOL...Jimmy, your brother and I pissed our beds many times over in the big show...you weren't alone my friend.

Jets are pissing in their beds as we speak....:bag:

I don't really care if they piss their beds. I just wish they'd stop pissing in mine!

NEXT year will be the "same old Jets" mode? Come on. We have drafted undersized players for a "future". A future of losing. We are CURRENTLY so deep into the "same old Jets" mode it's not funny. and there's no sign of that letting up for YEARS to come.

I completely agree. Undersized being key. Tangina wants to play a certain system with non prototypical players...He calls them athletic...I would settle for adequate. If we stick with this regime for one more year, it will be just another year added to the suffering.

The only thing that I can remember about the Coslet era is a Monday Night Football game where he called successive 3rd and 14 draw plays on 2nd and 3rd down for a net gain of 2 yards. Needless to say, the fans were not happy. :bag:

Hackett?

Mangini has lost all the goodwill he earned from last year.

Mangini received praise and good will he did not earn. He was praised because of who he worked for not his work. I do not recall anyone thinking that this guy was a great DC. In fact I am not really sure why the Jets wanted him so bad. That being said I am not ready to kick him to the curb, I just find his arrogance absolutely annoying. Particularly, when the results do not support it. Last year there may have been some good coaching, but our record was really based on the "strength of schedule". We did not beat a good team we faced last year. The Jacksonville pasting comes to mind. At the end of the day we have the same flaws we had last year. The problems were not fixed I would assert that they were not even addressed.

Mangini received praise and good will he did not earn. He was praised because of who he worked for not his work. I do not recall anyone thinking that this guy was a great DC. In fact I am not really sure why the Jets wanted him so bad. That being said I am not ready to kick him to the curb, I just find his arrogance absolutely annoying. Particularly, when the results do not support it. Last year there may have been some good coaching, but our record was really based on the "strength of schedule". We did not beat a good team we faced last year. The Jacksonville pasting comes to mind. At the end of the day we have the same flaws we had last year. The problems were not fixed I would assert that they were not even addressed.

What?? We beat the Pat's in New England and played the two Super Bowls teams in very competitive games. We played fairly well last year with the talent we had. Was it good coaching or a fluke year, we will find out in time.

:bag:

The more i think about it, i believe part of the problem is that some of the players that the CS was hoping would improve with a year in the system simply have not done so. Guys like DRob, Ellis, and Vilma, 43 guys going into the 34, look just the same as last year if not worse.

Now I dont know if that problem falls on the coaching staff or the players, most likely a little of both.

That being said IMO we should stick with the transition into the 34, because i feel once these three players are gone, or at least out of the starting lineup, our D could be something decent...well that and a new DC and another CB because Dyson and Barrret are just plain bad.

But as stated, we simply wont know until next year.

What?? We beat the Pat's in New England and played the two Super Bowls teams in very competitive games. We played fairly well last year with the talent we had. Was it good coaching or a fluke year, we will find out in time.

:bag:

You are right, we did beat the Pats my bad but that still does not make me change my mind about last season's team or this years. With respect to the fluke question, absent a major turn around I think we already have the answer to that question.

They weren't a very good team last year but they figured a way to win 10 games. Mangini did do a good enough job. Brian did a good job. Sutton didn't do that good of a job. The defense was not good for most of the year except in a few games. You can call it a weak schedule and you can call it other teams overlooking them, but whatever it was they went 10-6. As the 'experts' said, Smoke and Mirrors.

Well this off season they did not address one need. They made some moves, but none that actually would improve the team. Yeah Jones adds talent at RB, Revis adds some young talent at CB, but for the most part, those guys aren't improving the team. And they haven't.

Call it what you want, but Jim Mora Jr comes to mind for me. He took the Falcons to the NFC Championship game in his first season. He got praised like Mangini and Atlanta was this great team to be. But the defense never improved, the WR core never improved, and Vick never improved. They never looked as bad as the Jets do now, but in season 2 and 3 they regressed and Mora was fired. Now that team is in shambles for a lot of reasons.

One year wonder is what Mangini is right now. Maybe next year is different, but the way this guy is coaching and him and Tanni are picking talent, it seems they have no clue how to build a winning team.

This season isn't just bad, it's epic in how bad it could get. How do you get worse in every single category? That's not only coaching, that's talent evaluation and everything else. It's one thing to blame injuries, dog fighting, jail time, or whatever else, but they have nothing to blame it on. They just suck at every single thing at this point.

AGREED! IMO Manggreeni is looking more like Herm every day. His stubbroness is now chronic. Going with the vets in a lost season rather then letting ther KID QB play is typical HERM!

AGREED! IMO Manggreeni is looking more like Herm every day. His stubbroness is now chronic. Going with the vets in a lost season rather then letting ther KID QB play is typical HERM!

We have to see if Clemens can be a starter in this league and not in mop up time so Eric's decision is not making sense for the long term

They weren't a very good team last year but they figured a way to win 10 games. Mangini did do a good enough job. Brian did a good job. Sutton didn't do that good of a job. The defense was not good for most of the year except in a few games. You can call it a weak schedule and you can call it other teams overlooking them, but whatever it was they went 10-6. As the 'experts' said, Smoke and Mirrors.

Well this off season they did not address one need. They made some moves, but none that actually would improve the team. Yeah Jones adds talent at RB, Revis adds some young talent at CB, but for the most part, those guys aren't improving the team. And they haven't.

Call it what you want, but Jim Mora Jr comes to mind for me. He took the Falcons to the NFC Championship game in his first season. He got praised like Mangini and Atlanta was this great team to be. But the defense never improved, the WR core never improved, and Vick never improved. They never looked as bad as the Jets do now, but in season 2 and 3 they regressed and Mora was fired. Now that team is in shambles for a lot of reasons.

One year wonder is what Mangini is right now. Maybe next year is different, but the way this guy is coaching and him and Tanni are picking talent, it seems they have no clue how to build a winning team.

This season isn't just bad, it's epic in how bad it could get. How do you get worse in every single category? That's not only coaching, that's talent evaluation and everything else. It's one thing to blame injuries, dog fighting, jail time, or whatever else, but they have nothing to blame it on. They just suck at every single thing at this point.

I don't think I understand what you are advocating. Do you want to fire Mangini now to avoid ending up like the Falcons? Are you predicting that things will be epically bad?

You claim that they did not address one need, but then name two guys they addressed. IMO the #1 and #2 problems were at RB and defensive line. They added a #1 RB (not the one I necessarily would have picked or how I would have done it, but a true #1) They added a starter on the D line and several role players for the rotation. They also added a starting CB and soon to start ILB and a situational pass rusher (he hasn't panned out). They did not lose a single starter from last years 10-6 team except BJ Askew who they upgraded from anyway. They did not do enough this offseason, but they improved from last year, until the Kendall problem. C-Mart has a good point that guys that were supposed to progress (DRob, Vilma, Ellis 2nd year in 3-4, Pennington with an offseason w/o injury) actually regressed.

Is Atlanta better off without Mora? I'm not so sure, but I think it's a different scene over there. The Jets have a bunch of Boy Scouts that will play for whoever and however, while Atlanta has talented players that don't seem to be a team-obviously the Vick situation throws any comparison out the window.

I agree that at this point Mangini is a one year wonder. I don't even find him to have been that much of a wonder. I just don't know what to do about it and I'm not sure what you are advocating. I think he gets another offseason to correct his mistakes. Just because he won't admit it in the press doesn't mean he's not aware of them. I understand guys like Jetcane getting pissed at his bull**** cliches, but he is what he is and I'm glad that at least he doesn't change his personality because of the tough times.

I don't think I understand what you are advocating. Do you want to fire Mangini now to avoid ending up like the Falcons? Are you predicting that things will be epically bad?

You claim that they did not address one need, but then name two guys they addressed. IMO the #1 and #2 problems were at RB and defensive line. They added a #1 RB (not the one I necessarily would have picked or how I would have done it, but a true #1) They added a starter on the D line and several role players for the rotation. They also added a starting CB and soon to start ILB and a situational pass rusher (he hasn't panned out). They did not lose a single starter from last years 10-6 team except BJ Askew who they upgraded from anyway. They did not do enough this offseason, but they improved from last year, until the Kendall problem. C-Mart has a good point that guys that were supposed to progress (DRob, Vilma, Ellis 2nd year in 3-4, Pennington with an offseason w/o injury) actually regressed.

Is Atlanta better off without Mora? I'm not so sure, but I think it's a different scene over there. The Jets have a bunch of Boy Scouts that will play for whoever and however, while Atlanta has talented players that don't seem to be a team-obviously the Vick situation throws any comparison out the window.

I agree that at this point Mangini is a one year wonder. I don't even find him to have been that much of a wonder. I just don't know what to do about it and I'm not sure what you are advocating. I think he gets another offseason to correct his mistakes. Just because he won't admit it in the press doesn't mean he's not aware of them. I understand guys like Jetcane getting pissed at his bull**** cliches, but he is what he is and I'm glad that at least he doesn't change his personality because of the tough times.

I think he should get another season. But so far this season could turn out to be Rich Kotite bad if he doesn't start doing things differently.

As far as who they brought in, not one of those players improve this team.

Jones is a nice RB, but the guy was a bust for most of his career and was never a pro bowl RB. He is a guy who needs a very good OL. Instead they dump Kendall and never replace him. So what's the point in having a 29 year old RB who won't be here by the time the line gets good?

Revis and Harris are nice, but the DL is the biggest problem. I think both players can be good, but both can suddenly become scared cause the DL is sooo bad.

Building a winning team means finding ways to strengthen and improve your weaknesses. NOt one move they've made so far has improved a weakness.

Archived