Bill Cowher Anyone?

PeterNorth09

The rumor was originally that Cowher was going to come back next year as the coach of the Giants after Coughlin got fired. Barring a major collapse and turn of events, it looks like Coughlin is there to stay. So that leaves the question? Where will Bill Cowher go?

I know this is an extremely pro-Mangini site and I know Mangini will be the coach here probably for the next 10-20 years. However, the guy and his coaching staff really look lost this season. Cowher is a terrific coach and the Jets need to make a bold move like this if they ever want to even put up a fight against the Pats.

So why not go after Cowher?

The rumor was originally that Cowher was going to come back next year as the coach of the Giants after Coughlin got fired. Barring a major collapse and turn of events, it looks like Coughlin is there to stay. So that leaves the question? Where will Bill Cowher go?

I know this is an extremely pro-Mangini site and I know Mangini will be the coach here probably for the next 10-20 years. However, the guy and his coaching staff really look lost this season. Cowher is a terrific coach and the Jets need to make a bold move like this if they ever want to even put up a fight against the Pats.

So why not go after Cowher?

It took him over 10 years to win a championship with the Steelers and you want him here? Go back to drooling over players we could have drafted, like Marcus McNeil, Winston Justice, and Matt Leinart. Oh wait, they all suck this year :rolleyes:

It took him over 10 years to win a championship with the Steelers and you want him here? Go back to drooling over players we could have drafted, like Marcus McNeil, Winston Justice, and Matt Leinart. Oh wait, they all suck this year :rolleyes:

Our QB situation can't get any worse. Especially in the Big Apple.

Cowher took the Steelers to two Super Bowls, one championship, and six AFC title games, despite coaching for a cheap owner that rarely retained their own free agents. Cowher had to rebuild that team repeatedly.

Wow, 10 whole years to win a championship. As opposed to 40.

Cowher took the Steelers to two Super Bowls, one championship, and six AFC title games, despite coaching for a cheap owner that rarely retained their own free agents. Cowher had to rebuild that team repeatedly.

I wish they would dump mangini and bring him in... too bad they wont...

It's easy to advance when you have ****ty teams in your division most years, as the Pats are finding out this year.

It's easy to advance when you have ****ty teams in your division most years, as the Pats are finding out this year.

Okay, so what coach can the Jets get that will help them to beat New England? Should we just go coachless, then? Because if Cowher can't do it, why the **** would Mangini, and his 11-14 record be able to?

i'd say that's an upgrade. Someone in that organization is a tremendous judge of talent at the linebacker position. I have a feeling they'd like Mr. Harris, and drop the rest.

I'd be FOR this move, but not for some shlup coach like San Diego hired.

you can't be serious

Cowher is a great coach and would improve our embarrasing D in a country

minute.

At no time in his tenor were his teams unwatchable

It took Mangina just 1 and 1/2 years to accomplish this feat!!!

Cowher coming to the Giants, or the Jets, is total BS.

He left the Steelers to save his marriage. The stress from the Pittsburgh media had gotten to his wife and family.

Now you think he is coming to NY.

No way.

Over the last few years several players have declined to sign with the Jets, because their wifes and family did not want to live in NY.

Looking at the hate filled posts directed at Pennington, and now some directed at Mangini, it's not hard to figure out why a player with a family doesn't want to live in NY.

Cowher is not going to coach in NY

Cowher wouldn't waste time getting rid of Penny...are you sure you want that? ;)

Here are his starting QB's before Big Ben... I wouldnt be so sure he would dump Chad...

Neil O'Donnell

Mike Tomczak

Kordell Stewart

Tommy Maddox

He left the Steelers to save his marriage. The stress from the Pittsburgh media had gotten to his wife and family.

No way.

Over the last few years several players have declined to sign with the Jets, because their wifes and family did not want to live in NY.

Looking at the hate filled posts directed at Pennington, and now some directed at Mangini, it's not hard to figure out why a player with a family doesn't want to live in NY.

sez a rookie free agent

you can't be serious

minute.

Cowher is a HOF coach and if he doesn't make it first ballot it's bs. Yes he couldn't win a Super Bowl with the likes of Neil O'Donnel, Tommy Maddox, Mike Tomczak and Kordell Stewart as his QB's but who could?

Replacing Mangini with Cowher would be a no-brainer but the Jets will never do it. Mangini is here to stay for a very long time.

Here are his starting QB's before Big Ben... I wouldnt be so sure he would dump Chad...

Neil O'Donnell

Mike Tomczak

Kordell Stewart

Tommy Maddox

I agree. I don't think Cowher would dump Chad immediately if he came here - even if he liked Clemens.

Cowher's main focus would be the defense and running game - our two biggest issues.

No way.

He could live in NJ where the Jets actually play.

He's not coming here next year or in two years. Woody has hired 3 rookie HC. I doubt he's going to spend money on Cowher.

As far as him sticking with Chad or not, I wouldn't care if he fixed the defense and running game. If the Jets were making it to AFC CHampionship games and Super Bowls and the only problem to complain about was "Maybe if Chad were like Brady" we could win the big game, I think I'd be more happy than what I see now. Say what you want about the guy, but he coached a cheap team and over his 12+ years he took them to 5 or 6 AFC CHampionships, 2 Super Bowls, 1 Super Bowl Championship, numerous playoff appearances, and so on. And they were never "lucky" to be there.

They had an identity and he changed over the years as well. I sure would rather have had that experience since 1993 than what experiences the Jets have had.

No way.

I agree there's like a one in a billion chance that Cowher will coach here next year. Cowher doesn't seem like a big city guy and Woody Johnson is going to stick with the current Manginibaum regime until the year 2050.

Still, it's nice to dream that this team would grow a pair and actually try to upgrade at HC.

you can't be serious

minute.

Reallllllllyyyyyy!! Cowher would improve our D in a country minute, huh? The same Cowher that ALSO employs a 3-4 D? The same D that we are currently sucking at right now? The same D where we all agree that the D sucks because we don't have a solid DT? Is Cowher going to pull a 350lb DT who is familiar with the 3-4 out of his ass? I'd personally like to bear witness to that one.

So which is it, does our D suck because we on't have a DT who fits the 3-4 or is it the coaching of that D? If it's the personnel not fitting the 3-4, as every single deractor here has railroaded as Mangini's stubborness, then how the hell is Cowher suddenly going to make it ny better in a country minute? You guys are outlandishly ridiculous!

Reallllllllyyyyyy!! Cowher would improve our D in a country minute, huh? The same Cowher that ALSO employs a 3-4 D? The same D that we are currently sucking at right now? The same D where we all agree that the D sucks because we don't have a solid DT? Is Cowher going to pull a 350lb DT who is familiar with the 3-4 out of his ass? I'd personally like to bear witness to that one.

So which is it, does our D suck because we on't have a DT who fits the 3-4 or is it the coaching of that D? If it's the personnel not fitting the 3-4, as every single deractor here has railroaded as Mangini's stubborness, then how the hell is Cowher suddenly going to make it ny better in a country minute? You guys are outlandishly ridiculous!

Grady Jackson would at least improve the Jets D somewhat this season and next. He might not be great and he might not be the future answer, but he's sure better than what they have now.

I'd have more faith in a guy who had to replace pro bowl players every year over a guy so far that can't even replace Pete Kendall or Abraham.

Booz- Cowher knows what he is doing, he would clean house bigtime

I would expect only 20 on the roster to be on next years team

Obviously he could'nt do squat with this pile of turd, i do believe

he would have gone to KC much earlier. I know you are not a cowher

fan.

you must admit this is one of the worst teams in jests history and EM

is at the helm.

Booz- Cowher knows what he is doing, he would clean house bigtime

I would expect only 20 on the roster to be on next years team

Obviously he could'nt do squat with this pile of turd, i do believe

he would have gone to KC much earlier. I know you are not a cowher

fan.

you must admit this is one of the worst teams in jests history and EM

is at the helm.

That's my point. I don't think there's gonna be many of the same guys around next year under Mangini either. 20 is a little far fetched, but I don't expect Vilma, Chad, Dyson, Barrett, and a host of others. The thing is, you're all friggin spoiled as hell because we won some games last year when we really should not have. We STUNK last year. The problem is we played all the teams that stunk even worse than us. There were plenty AFC teams that didn't make the playoffs that were hands down better than us. Mangini is rebuilding through the draft, and thus far he's had 2 of the best drafts we've seen since the infamous 4 1st round picks. We stink this year because the team that Mangini inherited was ATROCIOUS! It will take time! With the cap room we have I believe we're going to make some noise in both the draft and FA. This team will be vastly different, and it will be Mangini's team. That's when you really start judging him.

Quite frankly, the only reason that I feel this ridiculous nonsense is being discussed is becasue he is unwilling to bench Chad. If he benched Chad 2 games go none of this "fire Mangini" crap would be going on. I can't stand Chad as a player. I wish he would bench him. I am so sick of watching him that I actually do start wishing he'd get some minor injury that takes him out for at least a couple games. I feel like a bad person for wanting that, but I can't take watching games with Chad at the helm much longer. That part I am completely at odds with Mangini. But I am not going to throw away everything about him a year and a half into his tenure. That's just plain ridiculous.

I guess you wouldn't want BB then either, it took him what 6 or 7 years to get his?

Maybe you wouldn't want Parcells either, it's been what 2 decades now? I guess Dungy is a bad coach too, it took him a decade or so too.

sez a rookie free agent

R U serious?

Post count aside (it has nothing to do with anything relevant), flgreen is a solid and knowledgeable poster on more than one board.

And i happen to agree with him: Cowher is not going to coach the NYJ.

I guess you wouldn't want BB then either, it took him what 6 or 7 years to get his?

Maybe you wouldn't want Parcells either, it's been what 2 decades now? I guess Dungy is a bad coach too, it took him a decade or so too.

And a young inexperienced head coach, like all of those you mentioned when they first got their jobs, has had a year and a half here. Thanks for proving my point for me. Those fans were willing to be patient. But we're Jets' fans, apparently it's not in our DNA.

And a young inexperienced head coach, like all of those you mentioned when they first got their jobs, has had a year and a half here. Thanks for proving my point for me. Those fans were willing to be patient. But we're Jets' fans, apparently it's not in our DNA.

I agree, we must give Mangini a chance!!!

However, if we're playing like this in October of next year, you may kiss his sorry ass goodbye!!!!

Actually BB got fired from Cleveland and was not considered a very good head coach. That was after 5 years and 1 playoff appearance. He was too stubborn and thick headed. Maybe getting run out of town and being called an idiot by fans and experts made him rethink his ways.

If that is what has to happen to Mangini, it means he won't get good until he actually gets fired from a job.

On another note, BB and Parcell's weren't young coaches. Mangini hasn't much coaching experience beyond 1 year as a bad DC. I don't count being BB ball boy or whatever he didn't do in NE as legit coaching experience. He might have learned somethings, but it is far different when the spotlight in on you instead of on everybody else.

So your point is kind of proved wrong since BB didn't become good until his second head coaching job. Maybe if he stayed in Cleveland he would have never become who he is today cause he'd be too arrogant.

Mangini is too arrogant and if he doesn't wake up without being fried, the Jets won't win with him.

Archived