What a comeback

Matt39

I thought it was great....HOWEVER....it was the Devil Rays...I think of this game as a baby step. Let's see the Yanks come back against a better team.

Don't get me wrong...13 runs in 1 inning is incredible..and Bernie ties Yogi for hits all-time.

yeah GJH, that onslaught sure was impressive. When the Yanks face the D-Rays in the playoffs, they will have their old level of confidence and swagger back. They should just expect to win when they face that team!

Sad. It's a 13-run comeback a$$hole! Jeez, that's hard to do against any team. Fortunately when we faced the much better Cubs we didn't have to have that kind of comeback because our pitchers shut them down twice out of 3 times.

Randy Johnson looked like Randy Johnson 5 starts ago, he kept leaving sliders right over the plate.

His mechanics need touching up (no max, I read that in newsday, so don't ambush me ok :lol: )

When you're 41 ******* years old, how can you possibly blame it on mechanics?

How about this, let's blame it on him being OLD! Or is that not a fair argument? You can't lose 5 MPH on your 2 best pitches and expect to keep up as the game passes you by. Gee, who woulda thought that a hall of fame pitcher could EVER lose his stuff like that?

When you're 41 farging years old, how can you possibly blame it on mechanics?

How about this, let's blame it on him being OLD! Or is that not a fair argument? You can't lose 5 MPH on your 2 best pitches and expect to keep up as the game passes you by. Gee, who woulda thought that a hall of fame pitcher could EVER lose his stuff like that?

Dude just stop it already. Your reaching for any thing to slam the Yankees. And mechanics have everything to do with how your slider dives or that extra heat on your fastball, get a clue.

Dude just stop it already. Your reaching for any thing to slam the Yankees. And mechanics have everything to do with how your slider dives or that extra heat on your fastball, get a clue.

Reaching? Please explain to me how I'm wrong? Remember these 2 words, kid. Ockham's Razor. When 2 hypotheses are considered, the simplest one is usually the best choice.

Well, which is the better choice here? That somehow Randy Johnson, who's been in the bigs for nearly 20 years and has rarely had problems with mechanics, suddenly develop problems with his arm angle or leg drive, and that it would have something to do with his lack of velocity? OR that he is over the hill, something that usually happens to a pitcher in his mid-30's, let alone FOURTIES!

Jeez kid, if you know so much about pitching mechanics, maybe you should be out pitching no-hitters for your HS team, instead of bragging about your wiffle ball successes on a Jets message board.

Why would his mechanics be messed up?

Because Sottlymyre tried changing his damn arm delivery, thats why.

The stuff is there, the mechanics are not therefore the location is off.

common sense. you don't have a clue, and you're reaching for anything to slam the Yankees, its pathetic. You're such a sour puss.

Archived