Mike Westoff yells at a practice squad guy

jetsrule128

Practice squader David Clowney got in trouble with special teams coach Mike Westhoff for jumping the snap and heading downfield too soon on punt team. Westhoff told Clowney, not so gently, not to screw up his unit. Speaking of the punt team, wide receiver Justin McCareins was among those trying to block Ben Graham

Practice squader David Clowney got in trouble with special teams coach Mike Westhoff for jumping the snap and heading downfield too soon on punt team. Westhoff told Clowney, not so gently, not to screw up his unit. Speaking of the punt team, wide receiver Justin McCareins was among those trying to block Ben Graham

Leave it to Coach Westhoff to verbally kick the crap out of the new guy when they first get on the team. LOL, I wish i could have seen it.

He made David Harris his beyotch in TC and got his motor running and made him toe the line. That seems to have turned out pretty well.

BTW I wonder if McC has taken Eric Smith's spot as the guy trying to block the punt. Smith had been occupying that spot. If so, Smith may be even deeper in the doghouse.

wtf this is from andrew gross blog

HAHAHAHAA. That would be inappropriate of Andrew to go pant-less during practice. My bad, I thought it was you in the bushes again. Always credit your sources young man and you won't be accused of spanking it!

:cheers:

Leave it to Coach Westhoff to verbally kick the crap out of the new guy when they first get on the team. LOL, I wish i could have seen it.

He made David Harris his beyotch in TC and got his motor running and made him toe the line. That seems to have turned out pretty well.

BTW I wonder if McC has taken Eric Smith's spot as the guy trying to block the punt. Smith had been occupying that spot. If so, Smith may be even deeper in the doghouse.

Why do people think yelling and screaming at someone is always a good thing? I don't find it a good motivating ploy all the time.. especially when you're 1-7.

Why do people think yelling and screaming at someone is always a good thing? I don't find it a good motivating ploy all the time.. especially when you're 1-7.

At 1 and 7 the coaches should just put the players on a treadmill for the week and not yell or talk to them.

The current plan ain't working!

That's Westhoff's style. He gets in guys' faces and lets them have it. He seems to have had some success along the way, so i am not going to question any of his methods.

Sutton and Mangini have a different style. They arent yellers.

Shottie is kind of in between. He will get animated and talk loudly, but not really yell.

Wise also has his own style. He will yell encouragment at his guys, but when they mess up he will go over to them and talk right in their face, but not yell.

That's Westhoff's style. He gets in guys' faces and lets them have it. He seems to have had some success along the way, so i am not going to question any of his methods.

Sutton and Mangini have a different style. They arent yellers.

Shottie is kind of in between. He will get animated and talk loudly, but not really yell.

Wise also has his own style. He will yell encouragment at his guys, but when they mess up he will go over to them and talk right in their face, but not yell.

1-7.. huge success....

1-7.. huge success....

You don't think that Westhoff has had success? Not too many special teams coaches have their success called on the carpet because the team's record is subpar. There is a reason Mike Westhoff was asked to stay on when Herm left. Maybe the rest of these bozos should take some pointers from him.

Besides is there anybody in football who hasn't been yelled at by a coach? It's pretty much been coaches MO from the beginning of time.

They need SOMETHING to wake them up. :fighting0050:It urks me no end to watch Mangini be so emotionless on the sidelines each week as these under acheivers are getting their clocks cleaned. Like Dominator said: everybody whose's ever played football has been yelled at. Comes with the turf.

You don't think that Westhoff has had success? Not too many special teams coaches have their success called on the carpet because the team's record is subpar. There is a reason Mike Westhoff was asked to stay on when Herm left. Maybe the rest of these bozos should take some pointers from him.

Besides is there anybody in football who hasn't been yelled at by a coach? It's pretty much been coaches MO from the beginning of time.

He;s had success.. but he's not this year.. noone is.

Yelling and screaming does not make a coach a good coach.... That's all Im saying. People on these Jets sites get all excited when someone yells and screams because "he shows passion." Get real.

Yelling and screaming does not make a coach a good coach.... That's all Im saying. People on these Jets sites get all excited when someone yells and screams because "he shows passion." Get real.

I think he's had success this year too. Plugging in a new guy to replace a pro bowl kick returner and leading the league is success. Since special teams has a ton of turnover every year it's more on the coach than other co-ordinators.

Point taken about the yelling though. There are good and bad coaches who yell. When I was a kid pretty much all of them were screamers. Now there are a lot more player's coaches. Still, try having a coach yell in Italian, or worse, an American coach trying to yell in Italian. It's almost impossible to keep a straight face.

Dude when you sit in the bushes watching practice do you let your pants fall to your ankles? Or do you hold them up with one hand?

The definition of pants according to a former american president is "A clothing item meant to keep your ankles warm".

Max, I love your posts.

If you have never seen Westhoff in action, teaching guys how to play on STs, you have no idea what you are missing. it isnt about just "any guy" yelling at the players- it's Westhoff doing his thing. He is outstanding to watch, and his STs are the gold standard.

I have said it before- as a fan of the game, it is a privilege to watch Westhoff go to work. The fact that he yells at his guys is his style, it isnt what "makes a coach a good coach". He is a lot of fun to watch and he gets results.

If you have never seen Westhoff in action, teaching guys how to play on STs, you have no idea what you are missing. it isnt about just "any guy" yelling at the players- it's Westhoff doing his thing. He is outstanding to watch, and his STs are the gold standard.

I have said it before- as a fan of the game, it is a privilege to watch Westhoff go to work. The fact that he yells at his guys is his style, it isnt what "makes a coach a good coach". He is a lot of fun to watch and he gets results.

But most people think if a coach isn't YELLING he has no passion, or if a player isn't super pissed off, he has no passion. It's ridiculous. Everyone has t heir style, and if his is to yell, fine, but that's not what makes him a good coach. To me, if I heard someone yelling and screaming, they'd have to PROVE to me they are a good coach because I'd think they're a fool while they're doing the yelling/screaming. However, his tactics will work on special teams, where the "low priced" talent is playing.. Try yelling/screaming at the super stars.... it never works.

Archived