Who SHOULD start Sunday if Coles is out?

Not always the best thing I remember them talking about Nagle leaving the "cross" (imprint of the point of the ball) on receivers. Possibly one of his bigger problems. It's usually better to throw a more catchable ball. I think Marino said that one of his most important adjustments was realizing it was better if he didn't rip every ball in there at top speed.

I get ya. I've watched a ton of packer games, just a ton. You are spot on with that, sometimes he guns it in there so hard that sharpe, brooks, freeman, and/or driver end up looking back at him like, 'WTF?'.

It's just a nice thing to see a change of pace ya know? Chad couldn't knock of a 2 year old from across the room. KC on the other hand could move a tank from 50 yards.

Brad Smith or Justin McDropins?

Discuss.

If it were it up me, it would be Smith. He will be here next season, McDropins hopefully will not be, and he is starting to show some promise at Wide Receiver this season.

jets105.jpg

I would start JMac. Kellen has worked with him a lot and he owes Kellen one. Or two.

Ever heard of Special Teams????

He is awesome there and is very underated in that regard. He wasnt expected to be instant hit, he is a project, we knew his development to WR would take time when we drafted him. I say we give him the chance as a starter.

BTW, what the hell has J-Mac done to deserve a starting spot????

Since when does being good on special teams equate to becoming a good WR?

Hey, maybe we should start Wallace Wright. He's even better than Smith on specials.

Maybe the Bills would have won a Super Bowl if they'd only started Steve Tasker.

I say Jmac gets the start but they both get equal reps at the #2 position--if theyre not in the 1 slot because of Cotch's familiarity with the 2.

In any event, when they go to 3 WR's the two split ends will be Cotch and Jmcdrop and they'll put Smith in the slot, as he is a much better fit there then Jmac. This will also be a good time to see if Wallace Wright can play as he'll most likely be the #4 guy in front of Frisman Jackson (whatever happened to this guy btw?)

Thats my opinion.

Smith is faster

JMac stinks.....he has no heart

Its possible, but I vaguely remember reading something during TC about how Mccareins was actually our fastest WR.

I dont know how you can possibly know that Jmac has no heart, no hands maybe, but i imagine it would be hard for you to determine whether or not he has no heart,lol.

i have a strange feeling that smith will be overtaken in the offseason by mr. stukey.

I love smith, and think he offers a lot (wayyyy friggen better than randel el will be, but not yet), but watching stukey really made me think we have a weapon with him. We'll see if he can stay healthy that is.

as for mcdroppins....he's done amigo, and you know this. :biggrin:

Man, I was so disappointed when Chansi Stuckey got hurt. Guy is fast and seems to have great hands. He looked to be a real exciting player to watch for, even though he's in the developmental stage. Has anyone heard anything on his progress/recovery? Not that information of that nature is easy to pry loose from Camp Communist, but I've been wondering about that.

Man, I was so disappointed when Chansi Stuckey got hurt. Guy is fast and seems to have great hands. He looked to be a real exciting player to watch for, even though he's in the developmental stage. Has anyone heard anything on his progress/recovery? Not that information of that nature is easy to pry loose from Camp Communist, but I've been wondering about that.

He was placed on the IR before week 2 I believe.

He's out for the season, thats for sure.

Its possible, but I vaguely remember reading something during TC about how Mccareins was actually our fastest WR.

I dont know how you can possibly know that Jmac has no heart, no hands maybe, but i imagine it would be hard for you to determine whether or not he has no heart,lol.

Justin ran a 4.43 at the combines and I believe he's run high 4.3's since then. He had a crap day against the Ravens but to say he has no heart is a consider the source comment.

Better than fair chance he redeems himself with Clemens and the fan base by putting up decent numbers now that theres someone to throw to him.

Justin ran a 4.43 at the combines and I believe he's run high 4.3's since then. He had a crap day against the Ravens but to say he has no heart is a consider the source comment.

Better than fair chance he redeems himself with Clemens and the fan base by putting up decent numbers now that theres someone to throw to him.

for some reason his timing has never been right with the Jets...he seems like a player that needs to feel comfortable with a passer. His 1st year here he started to come on right around Thanksgiving to the end of the season and when Chad got hurt he never clicked with the scrubs filling in-he has had good chemistry with Clemens from Jetcane's summer reports-I'm expecting good things from him with Clemens at the helm

Why does it matter if he cant make a diff this season anyway?

Im sure he'll be ready by next season or Tangini wouldnt bother keeping him around.

Well, I guess it matters to me generally because I liked the guy and what I was seeing from him, not so much about whether he can suit up tomorrow when I know he can't. I always wonder how our guys are doing behind the scenes if they go down, but like I said, fat chance getting any word out of Camp Communist. Keeping a lid on injuries, I don't have as much of a problem with that as some other folks do, but if it isn't a game time decision, I wouldn't mind hearing a trickle or two.

And yes, agreed as to the second part. Anyway, I think we'll be seeing more of Brad Smith as opposed to McButterfingers. I don't think his two dropped passes from Clemens in the Ravens game has him high on the list. But hey, then again, if we threw him out there, it may be our way of confusing the enemy. No-one will cover him thinking he won't catch anything. :P

I understand he has a hard time catching, but wouldn't Jmac fit that position better than Smith?

I may be wrong but I believe Jmac is both taller and faster then Smith.

J-Mac - 6' 2' 215

B Smith - 6' 2" 210

W Wright - 6' 1" 200

Cotch - 6' 0" 207

Coles - 5' 11" 193

Stuckey - 6' 0" 185

Damn we got short WRs.

for some reason his timing has never been right with the Jets...he seems like a player that needs to feel comfortable with a passer. His 1st year here he started to come on right around Thanksgiving to the end of the season and when Chad got hurt he never clicked with the scrubs filling in-he has had good chemistry with Clemens from Jetcane's summer reports-I'm expecting good things from him with Clemens at the helm

So was I, coming out of TC. Then there was that disasterous dropped pass at Baltimore....from Clemens no less !! :puke:

Brad Smith is one of the more over-rated players on this board.

He has never done ****. He hasn't shown me anything to make me believe he can be a starter. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I would go with McCareins. At least he has shown he can get open with a real QB behind center.

Your prayers will be answered and you will be wrong. Congratulations.

Archived