Who SHOULD start Sunday if Coles is out?

Brad Smith or Justin McDropins?

Discuss.

If it were it up me, it would be Smith. He will be here next season, McDropins hopefully will not be, and he is starting to show some promise at Wide Receiver this season.

jets105.jpg

i have a strange feeling that smith will be overtaken in the offseason by mr. stukey.

I love smith, and think he offers a lot (wayyyy friggen better than randel el will be, but not yet), but watching stukey really made me think we have a weapon with him. We'll see if he can stay healthy that is.

as for mcdroppins....he's done amigo, and you know this. :biggrin:

For some reason I think Jmac is going to be starting over Smith just because he's a vet who is proven, and considering Cotch is going to get alot of attention, they need somebody on the other side who D coordinators aren't going to totally laugh at.

I also think Stuckey could jump over Smith if he stays healthy through the preseason. I love Smith don't get me wrong, but I'm afraid that he's capping his potential right now.

I also think Stuckey could jump over Smith if he stays healthy through the preseason. I love Smith don't get me wrong, but I'm afraid that he's capping his potential right now.

It's hard to count a guy out that is so coachable, and such a hard worker. I really think the sky is the limit on him. Maybe not Torry Holt Status, but he could turn out as good as Cotch, potentially.

It's hard to count a guy out that is so coachable, and such a hard worker. I really think the sky is the limit on him. Maybe not Torry Holt Status, but he could turn out as good as Cotch, potentially.

Potentially, he could be a hell of a lot better than Cotch. He's faster, just as big and a better runner. However, potential doesn't mean ****. I'd probably start McCareins because you already have an inexperienced qb and you want to have as few wild cards as possible. Hopefully we'll see plenty of Smith either way.

Potential is a terrifying word

Potentially, he could be a hell of a lot better than Cotch. He's faster, just as big and a better runner. However, potential doesn't mean ****. I'd probably start McCareins because you already have an inexperienced qb and you want to have as few wild cards as possible. Hopefully we'll see plenty of Smith either way.

GET OFF MY BACK!!!

jk

I'd like to see smith get a career high in catches this week (he needs like 3 in a game? lol), or at somepoint this season. We aren't going to know what we have with him unless we try him out a little bit. He's a great athelete, no reason not to see what he can do.

As Dom said, they'll probably start J-mac to make it easier on Kellen. However, i don't see Coles able to sit out a game, the dude is simply too tough.

Like I said las night--I fully expec Clemens to go to J-mac early as if he had never made a drop before, Clemens seems to have that ability(a very good thing).

If J-mac drops another, he better never se the field again as a Jet

Why should McCairens start???

What have we got to gain by doing that???

We're a team building for the future, give Smith a chance, forming a connection with him and Clemens this season could have huge benifits, also Smith brings a lot more to the table than just recieving, we could let him throw the damn thing if we wanted to.

We're a team building for the future, give Smith a chance, forming a connection with him and Clemens this season could have huge benifits, also Smith brings a lot more to the table than just recieving, we could let him throw the damn thing if we wanted to.

Its not we, but what Clemens has to gain.

If J-mac doesnt have a case of the drops, he's the better reciever for Clemens. I think its worth the risk...not like we have a ton to lose lol.

Why is he a better reciever, He's had more playing time than Smith this year yet Smith has better #'s. IMO he's been very impressive when he gets playing time, I cant say that for Dropper McDroppington!!!

Why is he a better reciever, He's had more playing time than Smith this year yet Smith has better #'s. IMO he's been very impressive when he gets playing time, I cant say that for Dropper McDroppington!!!

who cares whot he second receiver is. Cotch is going to walk all over shawn springs weather taylor is there to help or not.

cotch will be over 100 yards, with a TD or two.

Either way our receivers are finally going to be given the chance to turn, face the defense and make a move after they catch the ball. Unlike with Chad.

that's a great thought I hadn't considered Matt-did you hear the announcer after one of KC's first passes last week? "WHOA that kid DOES have an arm"

that's a great thought I hadn't considered Matt-did you hear the announcer after one of KC's first passes last week? "WHOA that kid DOES have an arm"

I cant tell you how many times Chad prevented our playmakers(coles/cotch) from getting YAC.

A defender would jump on them immediately after the catch.

its funny in GB, favre always breaks his receivers' fingers. Freeman said he broke one particular finger like 5 times? Just insane, i could get used to hearing reports like that, at least the defense won't be catching it when it comes in at that speed.

Oh, that makes way too much sense. We will have none of that.

JMac will start. ;)

Brad Smith is one of the more over-rated players on this board.

He has never done ****. He hasn't shown me anything to make me believe he can be a starter. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I would go with McCareins. At least he has shown he can get open with a real QB behind center.

He has never done ****. He hasn't shown me anything to make me believe he can be a starter. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I would go with McCareins. At least he has shown he can get open with a real QB behind center.

He made a great catch on a huge 3rd down last year that looked like it was sailing into the second row. Ever since then i have been wanting to see what else he can do.

You have to like his overall athleticism, seems to have great character. If he or Stucky pan out we are going to be in great shape for years at WR.

He made a great catch on a huge 3rd down last year that looked like it was sailing into the second row. Ever since then i have been wanting to see what else he can do.

You have to like his overall athleticism, seems to have great character. If he or Stucky pan out we are going to be in great shape for years at WR.

yea he's been pretty reliable when called upon-I like the kid

He and Wright have done great as gunners on the punt team. He starts on STs, which is a step in the right direction.

JMac and KW have probably worked together a lot in practice and have some chemistry going, if McC can hold on to the freakin ball.

Ever heard of Special Teams????

He is awesome there and is very underated in that regard. He wasnt expected to be instant hit, he is a project, we knew his development to WR would take time when we drafted him. I say we give him the chance as a starter.

BTW, what the hell has J-Mac done to deserve a starting spot????

Oh, that makes way too much sense. We will have none of that.

JMac will start. ;)

I was a guy thinking it should be McCareins because with the young qb you'd rather a vet, but I checked the stats and Smith has 14 catches to JMac's 4. That indicates that Smith has actually been performing as #3 and not just because JMac hit the doghouse again.

The other thing I noticed is that Brian Schott has completely gone away from the FB catching passes. Zero on the season. Last year Askew had 9 and some of the others had a few. That's a long way from the mid-40's that Anderson and Sowell were regularly getting with Penny. I think it's a mistake. It was another way to break up the dink and dunk. having the extra player as an option makes a big difference with the short field. I'm sure some of it is a lack of using the FB, (Barnes isn't even active some games) but they usually use a TE (Kowalewski or Ryan) in his place and neither of them have caught anything either. Stats don't indicate too many 3 wr sets either.

its funny in GB, favre always breaks his receivers' fingers. Freeman said he broke one particular finger like 5 times? Just insane, i could get used to hearing reports like that, at least the defense won't be catching it when it comes in at that speed.

Not always the best thing I remember them talking about Nagle leaving the "cross" (imprint of the point of the ball) on receivers. Possibly one of his bigger problems. It's usually better to throw a more catchable ball. I think Marino said that one of his most important adjustments was realizing it was better if he didn't rip every ball in there at top speed.

Archived