Isnt Vince Young just sooo fun to watch?

K-Rhodes25

I love watching this guy play he can run like vick and he can throw like peyton

its so fun watching him play and when he gets the right players around him he can lead them to a super bowl

lol wow Young is a hell of a player but PEYTON? hahahahahahahaha

maybe Eli's arm but not Peytons

lol wow Young is a hell of a player but PEYTON? hahahahahahahaha

maybe Eli's arm but not Peytons

Hey numnuts, Eli has a much stronger arm than Peyton. Hell, Peyton himself went out on a limb to tell people that. Peyton's arm is fairly average. It's not Pennington-like (though I don't think there was every a QB in the league with an arm as weak as Penny) but it is by no means a rocket.

Here are my feelings on Young:

He has all the potential in the world and he is getting better. Unlike Vick he seems to know how to use his athletic ability to full effect. BTW for those blaming Young for the Titans loss yesterday. STFU!!!!

He played very well. Troll you are going on about the points the Broncos have given up? The main reason for that has been they're run defence which shutout the Titans running game yesterday, you can't put that on Vince who in fact had 74 yards and a TD on the ground. The Broncos pass D is actually really good and VY was doing really well vs it until the end where he made a couple of bad throws. (He had to force the last one. IMO that was unlucky). It also wouldn't have hurt if his WR's could catch the ****ing ball, the Titans must have had at least 4 drops yesterday. All on plays which would have been huge gains, again that's not on Young, those passes were on the money. He's showing some good signs and I really think he still could be star if he works on his accuracy.

He is far from the complete package and he is definetly overated by a lot of people but he still has the potential to be great QB in this league. The Quad injury he had really hurt his performance over the last couple of weeks and without his mobility he really can't do much. If he stays healthy for the majority of his career he could be a great great NFL QB.

Hey numnuts, Eli has a much stronger arm than Peyton. Hell, Peyton himself went out on a limb to tell people that. Peyton's arm is fairly average. It's not Pennington-like (though I don't think there was every a QB in the league with an arm as weak as Penny) but it is by no means a rocket.

numnuts? whats up with the personal attack here? what did I ever do to you?

and shouldn't that be numBnuts??

numnuts? whats up with the personal attack here? what did I ever do to you?

and shouldn't that be numBnuts??

I left out the B to make it more of an endearing term ;). I apologize if "numnuts" was really offensive to you, though I do invite you to lighten the hell up as well.

Oh i get it

cause he is black and he can run

I guess Jamarcus will suck too!!!!!!!

Ahhh... The race card. The pinnacle of modern day American civilization. In early America, when people lacked an adequate argument in defense of their ideas and honor, they would duel, but in the 21st century, that became taboo and bringing up race became the ultimate defense of stupidity.

Vince Young, before his Senior Year was slated to be an undrafted WR, not a QB, because all he was, was in fact a pair of legs. His senior year in a simplified spread offense gave him two options, throw to receivers that run the same routes on every play, or run. Vince Young could run like a mother****er, so defenses actually watched for him to run the ball and devoted more men to him, so his receivers were open when he did pass. Vince Young is a mentally retarded adult. Even though the Titans offense has been simplified by Chow, he lacks the mental capacity to make critical decisions other than the simple command of "Run".

Ahhh... The race card. The pinnacle of modern day American civilization. In early America, when people lacked an adequate argument in defense of their ideas and honor, they would duel, but in the 21st century, that became taboo and bringing up race became the ultimate defense of stupidity.

Vince Young, before his Senior Year was slated to be an undrafted WR, not a QB, because all he was, was in fact a pair of legs. His senior year in a simplified spread offense gave him two options, throw to receivers that run the same routes on every play, or run. Vince Young could run like a mother****er, so defenses actually watched for him to run the ball and devoted more men to him, so his receivers were open when he did pass. Vince Young is a mentally retarded adult. Even though the Titans offense has been simplified by Chow, he lacks the mental capacity to make critical decisions other than the simple command of "Run".

I think the race card is valid for some people in this, you can't deny that SOME people have been racially motivated in their criticism of VY.

That being said, I do not think either you or Troll used race as a determination in your criticisms. Hence while i've disagreed with Troll in the past on his take on VY, I never even thought of accusing him of racism. JN is a pretty good site, I'm sure there are some racists posting here but I think the general vibe here is VERY anti-racist, hence the racists don't really try to post here. We're also anti-race card, so we try and limit that too.

I personally thought VY would develop into a better passer than he has. He hasn't to this point, so I can't say he is any good at all. In comparison to some other QBs I do still think he is better, QBs like Rivers, Alex Smith, Leinart, and even Chad Pennington (at this point) bring much less to the table than VY.

I don't think Cutler will be special either though. He's had about as much time as VY to develop, and Cutler has been extremely inconsistent and uninspiring. I'm beginning to honestly believe we got the best QB out of the bunch. Clemens is going to be the best QB out of that draft class. Everyone else is irrelevant.

I think the race card is valid for some people in this, you can't deny that SOME people have been racially motivated in their criticism of VY.

That being said, I do not think either you or Troll used race as a determination in your criticisms. Hence while i've disagreed with Troll in the past on his take on VY, I never even thought of accusing him of racism. JN is a pretty good site, I'm sure there are some racists posting here but I think the general vibe here is VERY anti-racist, hence the racists don't really try to post here. We're also anti-race card, so we try and limit that too.

I personally thought VY would develop into a better passer than he has. He hasn't to this point, so I can't say he is any good at all. In comparison to some other QBs I do still think he is better, QBs like Rivers, Alex Smith, Leinart, and even Chad Pennington (at this point) bring much less to the table than VY.

I don't think Cutler will be special either though. He's had about as much time as VY to develop, and Cutler has been extremely inconsistent and uninspiring. I'm beginning to honestly believe we got the best QB out of the bunch. Clemens is going to be the best QB out of that draft class. Everyone else is irrelevant.

For the record, i am not calling out anyone as a racist

I was being sarcastic

We just differ... In 10 years or less one of us may be right:p

Its true that Texas tried to complicate their offense and Young told whoever the offensive coordinator was to simplify it because he didn't like confusion, but it's not like Young didn't win a championship against a defense with NFL callibor players on it

Steve Young was a great passer.

The day Vince Young throws for 4,000 yards and 35 touchdowns in a season will be the day Satan puts on a winter coat.

i also recall a few playoff games where Young had double digit carries

not to mention 4,000 career rushing yards

A QBs 4th season as a starter is when you find out if they're the real deal or not (if by then, they havent proven or disproven it already, ie instantly great like Dan Marino or completely terrible like Ryan Leaf). The 1st and 2nd year is learning on the job, they'll make their fair share of mistakes. The 3rd year is where you should really see them coming into their own and limiting those mistakes. If in the 4th year as a starting QB they are still screwing up and looking like they're not gonna be legit (Eli Manning comes to mind), then it's official - they're a complete dissapointment.

Just keep that in mind when we're praising/bashing Clemens in the near future.

Oh and Vince Young is garbage, but there is a small chance he becomes a decent passer down the road. It doesnt look like it right now, but you wont know for 100% certain if he'll ever amount to anything until year 4. Ditto Cutler although he is way ahead of Young right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this is true, as it stands, it may be hard to argue against it.

With Cutler, it seems like he is playing with too much pressure on him. His first couple of games were just terrible, he has calmed down a bit since then, but i haven't seen (or heard of) him playing one game like Kellen did this week. I'm sure he has had better numbers, but not against a number one defense.

As leinart goes, give me a break. The dude is handed a top three wide receiver corps (poor o-line, it shouldn't make this much of a difference) and he still cannot produce. He hasn't even shown flashes of being 'the guy'.

Young will probably be the best of the three, but I really do think Kellen will be better than him.

Archived