Want to get depressed? Pats have Niners 1st pick

Bugg

You know in this day and age, specially in a draft like this, having a top 3 is more of a negative than a positive. These kids are getting so much money, that unless you truly have a cant miss beast like Peyton Manning coming in, Id rather just trade down.

At this point, we know the Pats are going to have a high pick. The higher it is, the worst for the Pats. They dont need, and dont want to pay a rookie that kind of money. Run DMC will be there for them, however, I don't think they are interested. Specially in todays league where running backs seem to be almost interchangeable. The Pats have a total carousel at RB and are currently 4th in the NFL in rushing.

Finding a trading partner will be next to impossible for them.

which is why Goodell should have specified that NE would lose the highest of their 2 1st round picks-as for it being a negative-i don't buy it. Noodles Maroney is proving himself not a durable back. If the best RB is sitting there then they're taking him

You know in this day and age, specially in a draft like this, having a top 3 is more of a negative than a positive. These kids are getting so much money, that unless you truly have a cant miss beast like Peyton Manning coming in, Id rather just trade down.

At this point, we know the Pats are going to have a high pick. The higher it is, the worst for the Pats. They dont need, and dont want to pay a rookie that kind of money. Run DMC will be there for them, however, I don't think they are interested. Specially in todays league where running backs seem to be almost interchangeable. The Pats have a total carousel at RB and are currently 4th in the NFL in rushing.

How is that?

I can almost guarantee the Pats will trade out of the pick - wherever it falls.

How is that?

I can almost guarantee the Pats will trade out of the pick - wherever it falls.

They will not get equal value for the 2nd overall pick. There simply is NOT a player worth taking that high.

Teams aren't retarded, they know this. There haven't been many trades in the top 3 in the last few years for a reason. Insane contracts.

I agree. But they got players Seau and Harrison getting old, I'm sure they can replace them via draft.

That's their history, all right. There will be plenty of takers.

if they're sitting there with that RB staring them in the face they're taking him Bob-Lawrence Maroney is showing himself to be another one of those guys that can't handle the pounding for a full 16 plus game NFL season

if they're sitting there with that RB staring them in the face they're taking him Bob-Lawrence Maroney is showing himself to be another one of those guys that can't handle the pounding for a full 16 plus game NFL season

Can't see it. The Pats have pretty much always been a pass oriented team under BB's tutiledge (weird, I know). Plus, if they intend (try, anyway) to keep both Samuel AND Moss - they just would not spend their money that way - even with an increase in the cap.

Can't see it. The Pats have pretty much always been a pass oriented team under BB's tutiledge (weird, I know). Plus, if they intend (try, anyway) to keep both Samuel AND Moss - they just would not spend their money that way - even with an increase in the cap.

the thing about Belichick is he's open to playing the game with the cards he's dealt-if he has a chance to get the next Adrian Peterson-he'll just adapt next year's offensive strategy to a run-oriented one if he can. It's out of the question this year running some no-name guy from Navy

the thing about Belichick is he's open to playing the game with the cards he's dealt-if he has a chance to get the next Adrian Peterson-he'll just adapt next year's offensive strategy to a run-oriented one if he can. It's out of the question this year running some no-name guy from Navy

You have a point there - BB will do what it takes to put his team in a good position to win......but he also utilizes that economics degree and it will probably lead him to beleive there is better bang for your buck later in the draft - and with more draft picks.

It will be interesting, that's for sure.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

You have a point there - BB will do what it takes to put his team in a good position to win......but he also utilizes that economics degree and it will probably lead him to beleive there is better bang for your buck later in the draft - and with more draft picks.

It will be interesting, that's for sure.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

thank you and to you and yours-

back on point-I can see him actually wanting to prove he can win back to back super bowls using different methods-this year being the non-stop offensive juggernaut and next year going old school and grinding it out

You know in this day and age, specially in a draft like this, having a top 3 is more of a negative than a positive.

At this point, we know the Pats are going to have a high pick. The higher it is, the worst for the Pats.

2248563jetcrack.jpg

violent085.gif

maybe, but the Pats O-line is pretty good. they were able to block for Sammy frickin Morris for Christs sake!!!!

If Mcfadden goes to them we're screwed, as is the rest of the league.

you say that like he just broke LT's touchdown record or something

i find it hard to beleive mcfadden is THAT great. i bet he'll be a memory 5 years down the road.

so the pats have the best o-line, QB AND wideout core?

i think one of those makes the other 2 look better

WTF are you talking about???

All I know is that I saw that line run block for Sammy Morris and made him look like a great RB. All McFadden has to do is get to the second level and can do anything, unlike Morris or Maroney he would be a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.

If he goes to the Pats, I'd bet all the money in the world he will become an absolute superstar in this league.

WTF are you talking about???

All I know is that I saw that line run block for Sammy Morris and made him look like a great RB. All McFadden has to do is get to the second level and can do anything, unlike Morris or Maroney he would be a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.

If he goes to the Pats, I'd bet all the money in the world he will become an absolute superstar in this league.

Gotta agree

Come on Niners please don't let the Pats get McFadden

Seriously, How Much?????

lol i just don't get why people (ie the sporting news article last week) are saying he's going to be an all-time great before he's ever played in the NFL

Jim brown comparrisons wtf

Adrian Peterson, now THERE'S a phenom for the future.

lol i just don't get why people (ie the sporting news article last week) are saying he's going to be an all-time great before he's ever played in the NFL

Jim brown comparrisons wtf

Adrian Peterson, now THERE'S a phenom for the future.

You can argue that also....Vikes have a good running O-line...Chester Taylor had a good game this past week and has been pretty steady since they got him. Not saying Peterson isn't a beast...but the O-line is a big part of it, because once he gets into the second level, say good bye

You can argue that also....Vikes have a good running O-line...Chester Taylor had a good game this past week and has been pretty steady since they got him. Not saying Peterson isn't a beast...but the O-line is a big part of it, because once he gets into the second level, say good bye

lol AP has two two hundred yard games, and an NFL record under his belt

Archived