Stop the Madness

4HCrew

Is it me or has the fun of posting on this board diminished a bit? between the insults, the repetitive sarcastic and annoying posts what is left? Sure losing sucks especially when you have been down this road a million times before but damn people. To continously try to prove your point while insulting others is just getting old And to top it off battling each other in every thread possible...waste of time even reading half of these threads..

Just had to throw it out there..for a long time this has been a fun community of Jets fans that shared the same interests..now not so sure anymore. :Typotux:

Is it me or has the fun of posting on this board diminished a bit? between the insults, the repetitive sarcastic and annoying posts what is left? Sure losing sucks especially when you have been down this road a million times before but damn people. To continously try to prove your point while insulting others is just getting old And to top it off battling each other in every thread possible...waste of time even reading half of these threads..

Just had to throw it out there..for a long time this has been a fun community of Jets fans that shared the same interests..now not so sure anymore. :Typotux:

In haven't noticed anything.......Jackass!!!:P

the Jets are a weird animal-always have been-I have had seasons like this in the 70-80's when I would start out biting my fingernails-then it would be callouses and when the blood would show and there was nuthin left to chew on I knew it was time to stop watching them and do something else.Who knows maybe this is all part of some "master plan" by the Baby (Man) Genius

The Jets are making it real hard to pinpoint why they are as lousy as they are.

I'd like to blame the O line, but teams have moved the football with lesser personnel.

I'd like to blame the playcall, which is seemingly the same ole stupid sh!t even though the QB has a 180 degree different skill set - but I tell myself the CS couldnt be that ignorant.

I'd like to blame the wideouts for not getting open, but the only sure thing I can hang on them is drops and that in and of itself doesn't kill us - every team has their share of drops.

I'd like to blame the RB's for just not being big enough or good enough and then TJ rings up a C note against the #1 D.

I'd like to blame the QB, but the only thing I'm sure of is his predecessor was too limited in talent to produce enough points.

I'd like to blame Mangini and do - for a lot of this, but he doesnt make all the personnel decisions and he didn't pick all the participants in this dungfest.

It's a complex bag of crap and it makes it real hard to be firm in ones troubleshooting convictions. It doesn't stop some people from beating dead horses - but I gotta tell you I don't know where to start to make this team better.

That said, I'm a Jet fan and will continue to ride this rollercoaster. I likely wouldn't know how to deal with a perennial winner anyway.

The Jets are making it real hard to pinpoint why they are as lousy as they are.

I'd like to blame the O line, but teams have moved the football with lesser personnel.

I'd like to blame the playcall, which is seemingly the same ole stupid sh!t even though the QB has a 180 degree different skill set - but I tell myself the CS couldnt be that ignorant.

I'd like to blame the wideouts for not getting open, but the only sure thing I can hang on them is drops and that in and of itself doesn't kill us - every team has their share of drops.

I'd like to blame the RB's for just not being big enough or good enough and then TJ rings up a C note against the #1 D.

I'd like to blame the QB, but the only thing I'm sure of is his predecessor was too limited in talent to produce enough points.

I'd like to blame Mangini and do - for a lot of this, but he doesnt make all the personnel decisions and he didn't pick all the participants in this dungfest.

It's a complex bag of crap and it makes it real hard to be firm in ones troubleshooting convictions. It doesn't stop some people from beating dead horses - but I gotta tell you I don't know where to start to make this team better.

That said, I'm a Jet fan and will continue to ride this rollercoaster. I likely wouldn't know how to deal with a perennial winner anyway.

I've taken to putting at least 2/3 of the blame on a horrible OL NJ....it starts there and runs the gamut, like you said above and stops at the feet of Mangini having lost the team and all the way up through Tannenbaum's office right smack onto the desk of Woody Johnson and his complete ignorance about what it takes to own an NFL franchise

Very good post 4H.

Alot of people have taken notice and I think enough of us will take action, take some personal responsibility for the role we play in it, and change it because I for one am sick of it.

I think over the last two years, there have been posters who for whatever reason don't like somebody else, so every thread they started was intended to aggravate or annoy the person they don't like.

I think a big start to making the board more civil is each of us ask ourselves before hitting the submit button "Am I making this post or starting this thread because I want to contribute in a substantive way that will encourage civil debate or discussion, or am I doing it because I know so and so will read it, get pissed off, and then I can throw fire on the gasoline"?

Alot of people have taken notice and I think enough of us will take action, take some personal responsibility for the role we play in it, and change it because I for one am sick of it.

I think over the last two years, there have been posters who for whatever reason don't like somebody else, so every thread they started was intended to aggravate or annoy the person they don't like.

I think a big start to making the board more civil is each of us ask ourselves before hitting the submit button "Am I making this post or starting this thread because I want to contribute in a substantive way that will encourage civil debate or discussion, or am I doing it because I know so and so will read it, get pissed off, and then I can throw fire on the gasoline"?

which is why I prefer this board to say JI-there aren't a lot of post count whores that feel the need to be in every thread every day whether they have anything worthwhile to say or not...when guys use a thread to post 5 replies with nothing other than smilies-well those guys don't last as long around here-or they called on their BS

POTW nom

Very well said, Jetmo.

Not too far away

I have some business doings down there in a town called Bufort and Bluffton

Graduation should be at the start of fishing season....lets catch a Marlin

Sounds good. Beaufort/Port Royal/St. Helena is my old stomping ground.

Is it me or has this thread been started 10002 times?

Even Jets128 tried to get in on the act but nobody responded to his. :)

Archived