post pictures of yourself and family....

gg

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before

1059224737_l.jpg

After

Actually there is 2 years of seperation between those pics, I would say I was carrying 20 lbs more then usual in the first and was at the beginning of my climb, then peaked now when i started my diet end of november. If you saw older pics then the first one i would have been smaller, and if you saw more recent pics of me I was getting bigger and bigger.

Actually there is 2 years of seperation between those pics, I would say I was carrying 20 lbs more then usual in the first and was at the beginning of my climb, then peaked now when i started my diet end of november. If you saw older pics then the first one i would have been smaller, and if you saw more recent pics of me I was getting bigger and bigger.

Dude, it sucks getting older. it doesn't get any easier, that's for sure.

I have to work out at least 4-5 times a week and eat light all week just to keep this girth under control with my gawd awful drinking habits.

I have to work out at least 4-5 times a week and eat light all week just to keep this girth under control with my gawd awful drinking habits.

When I was younger (well, younger then 35 gulp), I would put in HALF the effort and get double the payoff. WTF is what I say now. I put in TWICE the effort and get 1/16 the payoff. It's NOT FAIR!!!

Well, I also know I'm not committed to change... change is good... I gotta do it.

I gotta say Joebaby, I just said to my husand he lost weight!!! So, you gonna share with us the secret? Please?!!!

Oh, thanks! Well Here is my secret, which isn't rocket science but just good common sense and will power.

First, I have the will power of a psychopath, so when I want to do something and wrap my head around it I get it done, so sticking to the diet isn't that big of a problem.

Second, contrary to the jockular tone on the board, I am not a drinker at all. If I have 2 drinks a month that is average, and I have not drank at a single jets home game all season as i am the driver. I like to joke around about getting trashed but in actuality it is not based in reality.

Third, as for the actual diet, the first thing and by far most important thing to look at is fat calories in relation to overall calorie consumption. I strive to keep my fat intake to 20-30 percent of total calories taken in. The easy way to figure that out is to multiply fat grams by 9 since each fat gram has 9 calories as opposed to carbs and protein at 4 calories each. I figure I need at least a good 3500 calories a day to maintain my weight, so I try to keep my calorie intake to 1200-1800 depending on how active i was for that day, but in actuality as long as I keep my fat % in that 20-30 range then total calories is really not something I worry about too much. Also, I do NOT subscribe to the carb is evil way of thinking which is popular these days, as long as you aren't eating tons of empty sugar carbs. In the end both carbs and protien will turn to fat if unused, and I can be a vegitarian before being a carnivore, so I don't really worry about carbs.

I was cooking at the tailgate when tabor walked over, I was making sausage and peppers for the guys and also chicken kebobs with fat free greek white sauce and low fat pitas since I can't eat the normal tailgate stuff. If you get creative you can come up with a lot of low or fat free meals, and as a standby if i am in a hurry I get steamed chicken with my favorite vegatables with no sauce from the chinese joint, I just add duck sauce which is fat free and soy sauce which is also fat free in place of the sauce they usually cover it in which is filled with fat.

If anyone wants any further info feel free to holla.

Thanks again for the compliment, it is hard to see when you look in the mirror. I have to find a real before pic here of what my goal is.

Yeah it is. I am 31, I figure i better get it all sorted out this winter/spring before it gets harder next year, and most people think I look young for my age so I think I can recapture some of my days as an international playboy before I get too old, lol.

Yeah it is. I am 31, I figure i better get it all sorted out this winter/spring before it gets harder next year, and most people think I look young for my age so I think I can recapture some of my days as an international playboy before I get too old, lol.

ya but once you loose the fat your wrinkles won't be stretched out anymore.

i didn't remember you being a beatle fan? which do you have? My dad gave me, Lucy in the Sky, and Srgt Pepper...i don't remember all he has, i want to say he has Revolver? i can't remember.

Wow, i didn't know beatles ties existed. That is awesome. I don't really wear ties as I hate them, but I might just have to get a couple for those times I have no choice.

Archived