Brady Quinn

NYjet10

Seems the only Qb we should go after in the offseason. Do you want him? if so what owuld you give up for him.

I would give a 3rd round pick. If we make a trade somewhere and get a second first rounder or a second 2nd rounder,and cleveland wont do it for a third,then i say give our 2nd round pick,but only if we have another pick in either the first round or the second round.

Damn how can you write off Kellen already? with patience levels like this the Jets will never be able to acquire young talent. And this is coming from a Quinn fan

It's not that i'm writing off kellen. I like Kellen a lot. But since I found out Quinn may come here i'm psyched. Last year when we got revis,I said if we pass revis it better be for quinn,but they took revis which is a good good pick like expected , but now I feel Quinn needs a chance too. what better place then in NEW YORK!!!

and where is written that Quinn could come here? Sorry I missed that

It was posted in a post, that he wants out. Now the jets could use a QB,and cleveland wants to get rid of anderson or quinn. Cleveland wont ask too high for quinn, so why not go for him?

I like Clemens a lot more than Quinn. Nothing about Quinn impresses me, especially to be playing in the swirling winds in the Meadowlands every playoff stretch.

You want to see how Clemens can do? Let's see how he plays in Tennessee (and maybe KC). Both will be tough games but at least he'll maybe have a fighting chance. Asking him to excel when even Tom Brady can't excel because of the conditions is unfair.

I have my issues with KC. I told a friend of mine for KC's first game to take a look at how he leads his recievers. That is the mark of a great QB, if a guy does that you know he will be awesome. KC couldn't do it, so I don't think he will ever develop it either. But I want to see him get more chances anyway.

No way cleveland takes that maybe do a draft pick,and maybe chad. But i'd rather keep chad for trade bait somewhere else.

Really? No way. I don't believe you. Tell me why they wouldn't accept that deal, what's wrong with it? I guess if you consider penny for a 5th rounder fair trade bait, then go right ahead.

Seems the only Qb we should go after in the offseason. Do you want him? if so what owuld you give up for him.

I would give a 3rd round pick. If we make a trade somewhere and get a second first rounder or a second 2nd rounder,and cleveland wont do it for a third,then i say give our 2nd round pick,but only if we have another pick in either the first round or the second round.

Are you serious in saying that Cleveland would take a 3rd rder or even a 2nd rder for Quinn? Last time I checked Cleveland has the keys to any potential trade going on with Quinn so the Jets would have to go well over a 2nd or 3rd rounder to ever think about talking to us. I can see Cleveland taking the SD approach from a few years ago and sign Anderson to a 3-4 year deal after this season and make their move from there. For them they have a back-up QB who could be a franchise guy behind an excelling star, and they can pull a 1st rder either this year if they like Anderson that much or be safe and have a trading piece to get a 1st rder in 2009

Are you serious in saying that Cleveland would take a 3rd rder or even a 2nd rder for Quinn? Last time I checked Cleveland has the keys to any potential trade going on with Quinn so the Jets would have to go well over a 2nd or 3rd rounder to ever think about talking to us. I can see Cleveland taking the SD approach from a few years ago and sign Anderson to a 3-4 year deal after this season and make their move from there. For them they have a back-up QB who could be a franchise guy behind an excelling star, and they can pull a 1st rder either this year if they like Anderson that much or be safe and have a trading piece to get a 1st rder in 2009

Actually, if they learned anything from SD, it's to get rid of the rookie and keep your star QB. Don't you think SD wishes it had Brees back instead of Rivers?

If the Browns get rid of Anderson to start Quinn they are idiots, and I'll enjoy watching them suck.

this Brady Quinn talk is ridiculous. i don't know what he could possibly bring that KC can't other than the fact that he hasn't played yet in the nfl.

these posts sound like a bunch of school girls with a crush. he's not coming here. it would be a complete waste of picks/money and just set us back farther.

No way cleveland takes that maybe do a draft pick,and maybe chad. But i'd rather keep chad for trade bait somewhere else.

this Brady Quinn talk is ridiculous. i don't know what he could possibly bring that KC can't other than the fact that he hasn't played yet in the nfl.

these posts sound like a bunch of school girls with a crush. he's not coming here. it would be a complete waste of picks/money and just set us back farther.

Kellen Clemens hasnt shown me anything that would offer a bright future. He hasnt done anything spectaculiar he looks fragile.He reminds me of Brooks Bollinger.

Brady Quinn had a much more impressive college career.

Yeah great bring in a guy who lost his bowl games and lost to all the good teams. ANd most of the time he didn't look good in those games.. No thanks...

If the Browns would take a 4th round pick, Chad, and JMAC, I'd say why not they aren't losing much and Chad is probably going to want to be traded anyway if he's not starting next year.

But anything other than that, no thanks. I'm not impressed by KC yet, but at least I've seen 6 games and he's shown enough to say "let him start next year and see what happens." Why go into next season with Quinn and KC as your QB tandem.. I mean if they give up a 2nd or 1st round pick for the guy and he isn't anything impressive, talk about a team who is light years away from being good. Not only would they have wasted a 2nd round pick on a QB but they'd also have wasted a 1st or 2nd round pick on another QB 2 seasons later. And this is a team who needs all the draft picks they can get.

Kellen Clemens hasnt shown me anything that would offer a bright future. He hasnt done anything spectaculiar he looks fragile.He reminds me of Brooks Bollinger.

Brady Quinn had a much more impressive college career.

Brady Quinn's impressive college career basically consisted of padding his stats against crappy opponents and struggling when he played any defense with talent.

Brady Quinn has an excellent arm, is durable and can actually see over most NFL Centers. Why on earth would the Jets want a QB like that?

Personally I think Derek Anderson is a more likely possibility. The Jets missed the boat with Quinn this year's draft. If the Browns are shopping Quinn they'll be asking for a 1st round pick and the Jets have more holes than the Iraqi Navy right now.

Brady Quinn has an excellent arm, is durable and can actually see over most NFL Centers. Why on earth would the Jets want a QB like that?

Personally I think Derek Anderson is a more likely possibility. The Jets missed the boat with Quinn this year's draft. If the Browns are shopping Quinn they'll be asking for a 1st round pick and the Jets have more holes than the Iraqi Navy right now.

Actually Brady Quinn has a worse arm then KC, and is just as durable as KC as well but cant scramble and gets happy feet in the pocket when he's under pressure-which he will be on the Jets if we dont really adress the OL again this offseason.

I'm not giving up on Clemens and I'm not in love with Brady Quinn, but anybody that wouldn't take Quinn for a third rounder is nuts. Why would his stock have dropped so much? They had to be happy with his development or they wouldn't have cut Frye. Do you think a qb's stock drops two rounds for not playing as a rookie? Don't forget the original team eats the signing bonus. IMO, this talk is sillier than the Chad Johnson chatter and he won't be moved at all barring a blockbuster, but if they'd take a three you jump at it.

The biggest problem with getting Quinn would be having two inexperienced qbs on top of the depth chart. It would be tough to get a solid vet here with those two and it's quite possible neither is ready to start in the NFL. Then we'd be left with Tuiasosopo. Ugh.

I'm not giving up on Clemens and I'm not in love with Brady Quinn, but anybody that wouldn't take Quinn for a third rounder is nuts. Why would his stock have dropped so much? They had to be happy with his development or they wouldn't have cut Frye. Do you think a qb's stock drops two rounds for not playing as a rookie? Don't forget the original team eats the signing bonus. IMO, this talk is sillier than the Chad Johnson chatter and he won't be moved at all barring a blockbuster, but if they'd take a three you jump at it.

The biggest problem with getting Quinn would be having two inexperienced qbs on top of the depth chart. It would be tough to get a solid vet here with those two and it's quite possible neither is ready to start in the NFL. Then we'd be left with Tuiasosopo. Ugh.

I really doubt the Brownies would give him up for anything less than a #1. Think of it, he cost them this years 1st rounder, he's signed for a number of years, there's a HUGE void in good young QB's in the league. The Browns can pretty much dictate what they get in return. Now as far a Quinn himself (or herself which ever :biggrin:) . I never thought much of him as a college QB since he ALWAYS came up short in ANY game of importance for ND. He seemed to thrive on beating up on the Armys and Dukes of the college football world. I was also a little put out on his holding out during the Browns TC. Let me see: You were left jilted by dozens of other NFL teams including the QB wanting Dolfags. You are left humiliated on national TV on draft day. Then a miracle occurs ! Your HOMETOWN, BOYHOOD FAVORITE TEAM, comes to your rescue and moves up to draft you. And you hold out on them? Wanting top 10 money when CLEARLY nobody in the NFL thought you were top 10 material? Sorry Quinn , go to hell.

I really doubt the Brownies would give him up for anything less than a #1. Think of it, he cost them this years 1st rounder, he's signed for a number of years, there's a HUGE void in good young QB's in the league. The Browns can pretty much dictate what they get in return.

That's my point. The premise of the thread is ridiculous, but not as silly as people acting like they wouldn't take Quinn for a third rounder. I'm sure the Browns wouldn't do it, but how could you not take it if they would? It's like saying Favre for a fifth rounder? No thanks he's too old.

That's my point. The premise of the thread is ridiculous, but not as silly as people acting like they wouldn't take Quinn for a third rounder. I'm sure the Browns wouldn't do it, but how could you not take it if they would? It's like saying Favre for a fifth rounder? No thanks he's too old.

Gotcha. For a 3rd. Hell yes, a ton of teams would leap at that.

Brady Quinn is not coming to the New York Jets.......Period.

This kid has never won anything worth playing for and his throws will be eaten alive in the

meadowlands,He throws a wabbly ball to begin with and with the wind here it just won't

work.I speak for myself when I say Kellen is my Guy and I'm sticking with him,We have

to many holes on this team to bring in another QB without taking care of our other needs

like our **Lines** hello!!!

I like Clemens a lot more than Quinn. Nothing about Quinn impresses me, especially to be playing in the swirling winds in the Meadowlands every playoff stretch.

You want to see how Clemens can do? Let's see how he plays in Tennessee (and maybe KC). Both will be tough games but at least he'll maybe have a fighting chance. Asking him to excel when even Tom Brady can't excel because of the conditions is unfair.

I have my issues with KC. I told a friend of mine for KC's first game to take a look at how he leads his recievers. That is the mark of a great QB, if a guy does that you know he will be awesome. KC couldn't do it, so I don't think he will ever develop it either. But I want to see him get more chances anyway.

I think that KC will be a good backup at best. I don't just refer to his rookie mistakes and his terrible red zone decision making. Usually a good qb makes people around him better and KC does not do that. Granted he plays behind a joke of an offensive line and his best receiver plays at 40%-50% when he plays, but I don't see too many flashes of brilliance from him. If he ends the season as he has started it...I simply am not willing to waste another season....BTW, Tangenious will never admit to a mistake and the will live or die with him at the helm.

It was posted in a post, that he wants out. Now the jets could use a QB,and cleveland wants to get rid of anderson or quinn. Cleveland wont ask too high for quinn, so why not go for him?

What post are you referring to? I haven't read much on Quinn, since the draft. I do know Cleveland had trouble signing him, but we had a little trouble signing Revis as well. I can imagine that Brady Quinn never thought for one minute that he would wind up in Cleveland. Coming from Notre Dame, he's more used to the world stage and Cleveland just doesn't fit the bill.

I was not thinking that when the Jets picked Kellen Clemens in the second round that he was being picked to be our QB of the future. I don't necessarily think that Brady Quinn would be either, but given a choice only between the two, I would pick Quinn and keep Clemens as the backup. If that could be done.

Archived