Things The Jets Do That Piss Me Off

Maxman

Episode 2,854

So on the Jets official site you can advertise that you have a fan club. IF YOU OWN A BAR. So people that sell alcohol with the sole purpose being making money can advertise for free. http://www.newyorkjets.com/fan_zone/outoftown/

If you run a Jets fan site that doesn't make any money off of football fans, they won't dare put that on their site.

UGH. They really piss me off. They view these sites as competition? Cmon. Randy Lange -- I love him but is anyone going to read his blog for 4 hours a day. Heaven forbid the NY Jets did ANYTHING to help their diehard fans communicate with each other.

We are putting together a list of bars and fan clubs from all over the country and around the world, and we need your help!

JetNation.com is a fan club. Granted we don't have a tree house or anything fancy like that but this is a club of Jets fans. Yet everytime I submit us, they decline it.

Oh well I will step down from my soap box now. I will save the real anger for when I get my season ticket increase. 4 and 12 will probably be the final record and they will raise prices again. Ah, good times. Can't wait for the PSL notice.

It is good to be born rich I guess. Buy a football team on somebody else's dime and screw over the common fan.

Alright this time I am really stepping down off the soap box. {/rant over}

Episode 2,854

So on the Jets official site you can advertise that you have a fan club. IF YOU OWN A BAR. So people that sell alcohol with the sole purpose being making money can advertise for free. http://www.newyorkjets.com/fan_zone/outoftown/

If you run a Jets fan site that doesn't make any money off of football fans, they won't dare put that on their site.

UGH. They really piss me off. They view these sites as competition? Cmon. Randy Lange -- I love him but is anyone going to read his blog for 4 hours a day. Heaven forbid the NY Jets did ANYTHING to help their diehard fans communicate with each other.

JetNation.com is a fan club. Granted we don't have a tree house or anything fancy like that but this is a club of Jets fans. Yet everytime I submit us, they decline it.

Oh well I will step down from my soap box now. I will save the real anger for when I get my season ticket increase. 4 and 12 will probably be the final record and they will raise prices again. Ah, good times. Can't wait for the PSL notice.

It is good to be born rich I guess. Buy a football team on somebody else's dime and screw over the common fan.

Did you try to make it so JN was at a real place(use an address) and went from there or did you just use the website and that's it?

Episode 2,854

Actually, I don't visit the jets' official site much since I started posting here. (I only go there for logistic type info)

I think what I and the NYJ are trying to say is, well, it's all your fault really. :P

Did you try to make it so JN was at a real place(use an address) and went from there or did you just use the website and that's it?

Well to be honest I do have a propensity for f'ing with people. Many people have told me it is the only thing I am actually good at. So I did both. Started off legit which was probably my mistake. Then I tried hiding it behind an address for a bar. Each time though my trickery was no match for the Jets Webmaster.

What can I do? Other than tip my cap to him and call him Daddy that is.

Actually, I don't visit the jets' official site much since I started posting here. (I only go there for logistic type info)

I think what I and the NYJ are trying to say is, well, it's all your fault really. :P

Oh it definitely is all my fault. When you hear one thing over and over and over again you start to believe it. Short of global warming, I am to blame for everything else.

Your kids got a Wii, though.

Just doesn't seem fair.

Cmon man. My kids already had a Wii. We got one this year for the Summer Nanny. When the kids went to her Cabana they were going through withdrawal. So we got a Wii for some poolside gaming.

Get your facts straight!

How about you find someone here who owns a bar, then go use that address of that bar. Then when they decline you call up the site and give them the guy that owns the bar's address and phone number etc, and make them take it in.

I don't know if this is possible though? Just an idea.

That should probably work. Something like the bar in the Highlands that Bren always organizes tailgates at. We could use them. Somehow I think it might get show down though.

I think other sites come shipped with the *********.*** censor. It is a new feature I guess!

Cmon man. My kids already had a Wii. We got one this year for the Summer Nanny. When the kids went to her Cabana they were going through withdrawal. So we got a Wii for some poolside gaming.

Get your facts straight!

So the Xbox 360 is on the yacht?

They havn't done it yet, but it will piss me off when they add PSL's.

Honestly, I think I'd rather pay $100+ for my ticket and $20+ to park rather than pay 3-5,000 for each seat before the next season even begins. Who knows if I croak in 3 months and never get to see a game.

They havn't done it yet, but it will piss me off when they add PSL's.

Honestly, I think I'd rather pay $100+ for my ticket and $20+ to park rather than pay 3-5,000 for each seat before the next season even begins. Who knows if I croak in 3 months and never get to see a game.

The PSL "announcement" is going to be terrible. TERRIBLE. Woody better hope Mangini is the right guy. If they go 4 and 12 again next year and try to raise ticket prices for the 100th year in a row and add PSLs all hell will break loose.

Win a damn Super Bowl and I will pay you whatever you want.

Max for all of your humor there is some subtle messages in this mess of a thread. The PSLs are going to completely change the Jets fan base. I for one will not be shelling out 3-4K a seat on top of the increased game ticket prices. Not for an organization that can give a sh$t about winning but about making more money

Episode 2,854

First of all I figured that your post may contain some personnel decisions, playcalling types of rant, that's the stuff that pisses me off. Second of all, just list the site as the Jetnation.com Lounge and they will allow you to post a link. Problem solved.

First of all I figured that your post may contain some personnel decisions, playcalling types of rant, that's the stuff that pisses me off. Second of all, just list the site as the Jetnation.com Lounge and they will allow you to post a link. Problem solved.

That is pretty good. But then they would have to read Greengal's posts. As much as the Jets anger me, I just couldn't do that to anyone.

Episode 2,854

agree with ya,.,,

move down south already and join beans, heelz and I at Amedeo's in Raleigh..

Lots of IT here,,easy job market..

We will even let you get a honored seat facing the other non Jet Games monitors like the regulars get to..:D

That should probably work. Something like the bar in the Highlands that Bren always organizes tailgates at. We could use them. Somehow I think it might get show down though.

I think other sites come shipped with the *********.*** censor. It is a new feature I guess!

Use the soothnation.com address, and then they will never know it's you. Also, it'd be pretty funny to see a site called soothnation on the official Jets web page. It's worth a try at least. If Bren could hook you up with that bar, you're set!

Archived