Thomas Jones

NYjet10

we'd still have to pay his 5 mil per year for the next four years. I'd rather just keep him, play him as a third down back, or keep him as the idiot in the weight room that grunts really loud.

or cut him...maybe it's worth it.

i really think the combination of Leon washington and Darren Mcfadden,can and will be the most explosive one two punch well next to minnesotas at least.

i really think the combination of Leon washington and Darren Mcfadden,can and will be the most explosive one two punch well next to minnesotas at least.

That's what most of us said when we got Jones. I still can't understand why we don't run them both more, but I still think we should take Mcfadden, especially if we get KC's pick for Coles and Penny. Then with their pick I'd take Ghoulston.

That's what most of us said when we got Jones. I still can't understand why we don't run them both more, but I still think we should take Mcfadden, especially if we get KC's pick for Coles and Penny. Then with their pick I'd take Ghoulston.

If we get that trade then the jets better freaking pick mcfadden,and then like you said gholston will be there, After that thats one hell of a good first round.

Most of you seem to think to pass on Mcfadden because of Jones. but call me crazy,but cant we trade Jones somwhere for a pick?

We can trade Jones for a pick. Here are the issues with that:

1) If done before this draft, we will have to absorb $9M in dead cap space. It would save $4M on this year's cap just to keep him as a 3rd option.

2) I doubt we'd get more than a 5th-round pick for him since he'll be 30 next season. It's possible that we could get a 4th-rounder since he would not be expensive (salary-wise) to another team.

3) Mangini & Tannenbaum will have to basically admit they didn't look at very much game film on Jones before trading (the value of) a high 3rd-round pick to get him and then giving him $12M up front, since he is not a worse player this year than last year. Only difference is our OL is much worse than the '06 Bears' OL.

4) After doing pretty-much the same thing with Barlow a year earlier, Mangini/Tannenbaum will look (not undeservedly so) like sophomoric fools. Trade a decent pick for a RB; he doesn't work out; jettison him off the team. Lather, rinse, repeat. Too much egg on their faces if they do this.

Basically, for reasons 1, 3 and 4, we are not trading Thomas Jones.

We can trade Jones for a pick. Here are the issues with that:

1) If done before this draft, we will have to absorb $9M in dead cap space. It would save $4M on this year's cap just to keep him as a 3rd option.

2) I doubt we'd get more than a 5th-round pick for him since he'll be 30 next season. It's possible that we could get a 4th-rounder since he would not be expensive (salary-wise) to another team.

3) Mangini & Tannenbaum will have to basically admit they didn't look at very much game film on Jones before trading (the value of) a high 3rd-round pick to get him and then giving him $12M up front, since he is not a worse player this year than last year. Only difference is our OL is much worse than the '06 Bears' OL.

4) After doing pretty-much the same thing with Barlow a year earlier, Mangini/Tannenbaum will look (not undeservedly so) like sophomoric fools. Trade a decent pick for a RB; he doesn't work out; jettison him off the team. Lather, rinse, repeat. Too much egg on their faces if they do this.

Basically, for reasons 1, 3 and 4, we are not trading Thomas Jones.

agree with your reasons. Jones isnt going anywhere. He has not been terrible this year either

I agree with SE on this one. Furthermore, at the end of the day he has not been a bad player. Our line has been horrible no one can effectively run behind it. Why draft McFadden if we can not effectively upgrade our o-line. We will make Mcfadden look like blair thomas

The fact that there is a thread about moving Thomas Jones just shows that Jets fans will always be the most intelligent in the NFL......being sarcastic if you didn't notice.

TJ blows 1 f'n td!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you gave Leon all those goal line carries he gets 6 or 7

nuff said

TJ blows 1 f'n td!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you gave Leon all those goal line carries he gets 6 or 7

nuff said

ALL those goalines? Are we forgetting the million times they through a fade on the goaline???? All I'm saying is the fact were talking about trading him after one season is dumb. I'll defend him until I'm blue in the face with this garbage offensive line, also Washington and Jones are two different types of backs.

ALL those goalines? Are we forgetting the million times they through a fade on the goaline???? All I'm saying is the fact were talking about trading him after one season is dumb. I'll defend him until I'm blue in the face with this garbage offensive line, also Washington and Jones are two different types of backs.

TJ had plenty of carries inside the 3 yd line... he blows

TJ had plenty of carries inside the 3 yd line... he blows

plenty doesnt even come close to what other RB's saw inside the 3 yd line this season at all. He should grab 1,000 yards this weekend and the fact he did that with an offensive line as bad as this one is a credit to him. Washington is not a every down back, but should be utilized a lot more in differnt ways and to expect DMC will do what Adrian Peterson is doing right away is a little far fetched. I'm not saying dont draft DMC, but there is no reason and no logic in trading Thomas Jones this offseason either.

plenty doesnt even come close to what other RB's saw inside the 3 yd line this season at all. He should grab 1,000 yards this weekend and the fact he did that with an offensive line as bad as this one is a credit to him. Washington is not a every down back, but should be utilized a lot more in differnt ways and to expect DMC will do what Adrian Peterson is doing right away is a little far fetched. I'm not saying dont draft DMC, but there is no reason and no logic in trading Thomas Jones this offseason either.

1000 yds means nothing now, it was a once measuring stick ...certainly not on a 16 game schedule

LOL, I don't care how he looks, I care about how he plays.

I see what you mean though, and I agree. We need to make a serious push for him IMO.

I agree. Look at what Cleveland and the Bills did this year, they signed two great OG and their OL is looking great. Sure they paid Dockery and Steinbach some good money, but they are damn worth it.

I think they paid both the same amount, wasn't it something like 7yr/$49 ?

I'll give that contract to Faneca in a heartbeat.

Most of you seem to think to pass on Mcfadden because of Jones. but call me crazy,but cant we trade Jones somwhere for a pick?

We traded the 37 pick for Jones. We probably wouldn't get a first day pick for him now after this season. Plus he has a big contract. I don't see the point in trading him now.

Archived