OLB Bryan Thomas

ILB David Harris

ILB Victor Hobson

OLB David Bowens/Shawn Crable

CB Darrelle Revis

CB Randall Gay

FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Abram Elam

I ahve to admit I like that a lot. Long and Crable would instantly improve our defence. Hackett would be a great #3 WR who could later develop into a very good #1 or #2 WR.Also Smiley and Andrews would immediately upgrade the line. I would expect more for Vilma in a trade but overall that's a good job. I would love that off-season.

The Justin Smiley pickup put a big smile on my face, this guy is a monster. I would love to pick him up.

Dude, speaking as a niners fan I get to watch him every sunday. No unlike most fans who "break down" everything they see and pretend to have tape on guys they never really watch Smiley wont do much to stand out. Most of our runs are on his side, and he wont get beat often. The fact that he is young and is a good run blocker is great. But Nolan is and retard if he lets this guy walk. We have the cap room, and with David Baas being a bust, L Allen all but saying this is his final year, and J Jennings all but cut the niners dont have the time to "rebulid" once again. We gotta ink him to a deal or tag him. IMO no way he see's the market

Trades

Personally, at the end of the day...I think we get a 2nd for LB Jonathan Vilma and a 5th for QB Chad Pennington.

Free Agent Signings

OG Justin Smiley: on Injured Reserve and need a better upgrade. He is a very good guard, would prefer Faneca but he is definetly a very good upgrade.

OT Stacy Andrews

"Smiley, who is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent in March, faces a 12-week rehabilitation. He should be healthy enough to pass a physical by the time he'll be able to visit with teams in the free-agent signing period.

The 49ers and Smiley's agent, Pat Dye Jr., remain far apart in negotiations for a contract extension. The 49ers have interest in retaining Smiley, but they have indicated Smiley's market value could be more than they are willing to match."

I love the Smiley addition.

Yes it is a risk to sign an OL off a shoulder injury, but this guy is worth it.

The injury will most likely push his value way down, which IMO is a good thing.

He would be a major improvement. The only problem with him is he is only 308, and considered a pass blocker more then a road grader. Still like to see him here if at a fair price

Can't see cutting DRob to go with Pouha/Raji. Two guys that have not exactly distinguished themselves. Raji probably will take some time to round into shape and develop at the NFL level and Pouha recent vast improvement has just barely risen above "absolutely blows". Going with those two at NT smacks of Clarke/Bender at LG.

I like this mock. It's a good job. It's kind of a thankless task since your choices are usually seen as unrealistic or reaching, but overall I like it.

Can't see cutting DRob to go with Pouha/Raji. Two guys that have not exactly distinguished themselves. Raji probably will take some time to round into shape and develop at the NFL level and Pouha recent vast improvement has just barely risen above "absolutely blows". Going with those two at NT smacks of Clarke/Bender at LG.

Well they may be unproven, but all D-Rob has proven is that he cannot be a 3-4 NT at this level. So IMO it's worth taking a shot on someonewho at least has the size.

Well they may be unproven, but all D-Rob has proven is that he cannot be a 3-4 NT at this level. So IMO it's worth taking a shot on someonewho at least has the size.

Pouha hasn't approached taking significant minutes from DRob. Fear of the unknown is one thing, going with a piece of **** that has proven he can't even sniff unseating your whipping boy is something else.

Pouha hasn't approached taking significant minutes from DRob. Fear of the unknown is one thing, going with a piece of **** that has proven he can't even sniff unseating your whipping boy is something else.

Sorry I wasn't reffering toPouha as much as I was Moslaey who has really impressed me whenever I've seen him and B.J. Raji who this mock has us taking.

They are indeed unknown but seriously, How could they be much worse than D-Rob??

UT,

I didn't say it before but, overall, I enjoy your posts and the effort put into addressing the JETS off season.

Upon further review, IJ is right about needing the RT addressed before the RG position. Have you considered Jacob Bell from the Titans? My son is a huge Titans fan and talks him up all the time. Thoughts?

Sorry I wasn't reffering toPouha as much as I was Moslaey who has really impressed me whenever I've seen him and B.J. Raji who this mock has us taking.

They are indeed unknown but seriously, How could they be much worse than D-Rob??

His cap number may cause us to dump DRob, but it won't be because "they can't be much worse than DRob". Remember the pre-season? "Those guys can't be much worse than Kendall" Those guys can be monumentally worse than DRob. Raji hasn't played all year, it's going to be tough to make the step to big minutes in the NFL after sitting the full year. Pouha has shown some signs but is no great shakes and has been pretty brittle. Mosley is smaller than DRob and while the board seems to like him, his skill is as a slasher and penetrator, NOT as a 2 gap stand 'em up NT.

Archived