Schottenheimer To The Ravens?

SoFlaJets

I know I mean when that announcer reported during the Ravens game I think it was how The Jets were running like every time they lined up with Jones 8 yards back and then they proved him right-well that just about did it for me. And then they never stopped doing it all year-no wonder our running game sucked-with all those 2 yards runs on 1st down

Last year I thought our offense wasn't very good. This year I think they just downright suck. How is Schotty getting coaching opportunities out of this? Well whatever, let's get Cam Cameron or Mike Martz as our OC. Hopefully the Ravens go and hire Brian.

I would not be too upset if lil'shotty leaves town, but that would mean two new coordinators. I seem to remember Herm the magician doing the same thing when he assembled the Triple H coaching staff (Herm, Hiemerdingdong, and Henderson). Not exactly ideal precedence to follow. Who would we bring in? Someone mentioned Martz (no thanks) and Cameron (same system as we have now, basically). Aside from these two, who is out there?

The only thing I worry about is consistency. If you keep changing coaches, that's not always a good thing. I am not impressed with him though.

If they go after Mike Martz, a guy who seems to be a good OC but a bad HC, I'd be happy. But if they bring in some unknown young guy with no real experience, I'd start to think they only want cheap and not good.

Charlie Casserly just said Brian AND Marty are both being considered for the Ravens job

Why would you choose the son over the father at this point unless you are being cheap? Brian has shown nothing so far as an OC that would say he might be a great HC. Marty has his playoff issues, but last time I checked, he's been one of the best NFL HC in history when it comes to the regular season.

Why would you choose the son over the father at this point unless you are being cheap? Brian has shown nothing so far as an OC that would say he might be a great HC. Marty has his playoff issues, but last time I checked, he's been one of the best NFL HC in history when it comes to the regular season.

he hasn't BEEN chosen yet...CC said there are 6 names being considered

His fathers reputation is all I can think of.

That's all i can see and if a team is interviewing Marty for a HC job, why even bother with Brian. The Jets offense has been bad for two seasons now and it's not like Brian was the OC in San Diego.

Marty is a great HC if your looking to re-build a team. He can turn a 2-14 team into a playoff team within 2 years no problem.

He is not a good HC to have if your team is a true contender though.

All it takes is one season and suddenly Marty becomes one of the greatest.

If Norwood makes that FG, Parcells only has 1 Super Bowl win in his career. Heck Mike Holmgren is known as a great coach but he only won 1 super bowl Cower was known as a choke artist but after 1 super bowl win, he's thought to be one of the best.

Dungy couldn't win the big one or even get there. He won last season as did Manning and that's all forgotten.

Ditka only won one super bowl.

That's the thing. All it takes is one lucky bounce here and one great game there and suddenly one super bowl win and your great.

I agree that come playoff time Marty seems to choke more than any other coach, but then again, a fumble here a defenisve stop there and maybe those Browns years aren't known as the unlucky Cleveland years.

People love Marv Levy yet he never won with the Bills.

If Marty comes back, turns the Ravens around, brings in Chad and they win a Super Bowl even if he doesn't have to make a ton of great coaching decisions, suddenly he becomes known as one of the greatest coaches of all time.

That's the thing about coaches like Marty. With his history of success, all it takes is one great year and suddenly nobody remembers that he lost all those years, they just remember that he won.

All it takes is one season and suddenly Marty becomes one of the greatest.

If Norwood makes that FG, Parcells only has 1 Super Bowl win in his career. Heck Mike Holmgren is known as a great coach but he only won 1 super bowl Cower was known as a choke artist but after 1 super bowl win, he's thought to be one of the best.

Dungy couldn't win the big one or even get there. He won last season as did Manning and that's all forgotten.

Ditka only won one super bowl.

That's the thing. All it takes is one lucky bounce here and one great game there and suddenly one super bowl win and your great.

I agree that come playoff time Marty seems to choke more than any other coach, but then again, a fumble here a defenisve stop there and maybe those Browns years aren't known as the unlucky Cleveland years.

People love Marv Levy yet he never won with the Bills.

If Marty comes back, turns the Ravens around, brings in Chad and they win a Super Bowl even if he doesn't have to make a ton of great coaching decisions, suddenly he becomes known as one of the greatest coaches of all time.

That's the thing about coaches like Marty. With his history of success, all it takes is one great year and suddenly nobody remembers that he lost all those years, they just remember that he won.

Maybe marty gets the job and hires his son to run the offense... either way sutton and shot wil be gone and we can get 2 new fresh faces to run the D and the Offense..

Btw Our d would be much better if we had a better offense

Maybe marty gets the job and hires his son to run the offense... either way sutton and shot wil be gone and we can get 2 new fresh faces to run the D and the Offense..

Btw Our d would be much better if we had a better offense

That's for sure. If the offense scored once in a while, the defense would improve. The defense still needs a lot of improvement, but it's the offense that sucks. I'd like to see them bring in Mike Martz. The guy seems to be a good OC. Yeah the Lions stunk down the stretch, but last time I checked, their defense was horrible yet the DC still has a job there. Talk about a team who seems to have no clue.

As far as DC, if they don't get either Ryan, I'm not sure who they'd go after.

That's for sure. If the offense scored once in a while, the defense would improve. The defense still needs a lot of improvement, but it's the offense that sucks. I'd like to see them bring in Mike Martz. The guy seems to be a good OC. Yeah the Lions stunk down the stretch, but last time I checked, their defense was horrible yet the DC still has a job there. Talk about a team who seems to have no clue.

As far as DC, if they don't get either Ryan, I'm not sure who they'd go after.

Im not sure either.. but have you seen all the RB prospects leaving for the draft? mcfadden the kid from illonois central florida smith who was battling for barry sanders record this year... and jamal charles out of texas... WOW

Im not sure either.. but have you seen all the RB prospects leaving for the draft? mcfadden the kid from illonois central florida smith who was battling for barry sanders record this year... and jamal charles out of texas... WOW

It does seem that if you want to take a chance on a RB, this year is the year to draft one. It's like every eligible RB is declaring.

Archived