pats oline... OY!

gg

could you imagine having that kind of Oline that allows a qb 6-7 seconds to figure out where they want to throw?

brady was sacked on the first play, and after that .. it was like practice ...he had no one pressuring him.

unbelievable. with out that Oline, brady isnt quite as "wonderful" that some people make him out to be...

i was more impressed with 38 year old favres performance yesterday.

that being said... if a team doesnt find a way to break thru that patsie oline... they are not going to lose this year. ugh! :puke:

could you imagine having that kind of Oline that allows a qb 6-7 seconds to figure out where they want to throw?

brady was sacked on the first play, and after that .. it was like practice ...he had no one pressuring him.

unbelievable. with out that Oline, brady isnt quite as "wonderful" that some people make him out to be...

i was more impressed with 38 year old favres performance yesterday.

that being said... if a team doesnt find a way to break thru that patsie oline... they are not going to lose this year. ugh! :puke:

In fairness Brady can play with or without great O-line play, he's proven that in the past. The one thing that I always thought would kill the Pats was a team that could get pressure without having to blitz. Indy fitted that bill perfectly until Freeney got hurt and now I'm unsure anyone can beat them. If they do play the Colts it will probably be just a flat out shoot out with Brady vs Manning.

In fairness Brady can play with or without great O-line play, he's proven that in the past. The one thing that I always thought would kill the Pats was a team that could get pressure without having to blitz. Indy fitted that bill perfectly until Freeney got hurt and now I'm unsure anyone can beat them. If they do play the Colts it will probably be just a flat out shoot out with Brady vs Manning.

i guess i havent seen him play this year where he has been pressured...

and i try to block out previous years... as a jets fan, i need to in order to survive :D

Brady went 26 of 28 - and it should have been 27 of 28. The man is amazing. Best QB I've ever seen. So glad he's a Patriot. The Pats success is about Tom Terrific. Period.

do you think he would be as good if he had to scramble 4 out of 5 plays? you have to admit that your Oline is incredible and helps to make brady look as good as he does.

do you think he would be as good if he had to scramble 4 out of 5 plays? you have to admit that your Oline is incredible and helps to make brady look as good as he does.

The pass blocking is immense, I agree. But I dare say no other QB would have gone 26 for 28 with just as much time. Really. Plus, that fake direct snap last nite was Oscar worthy.

The pass blocking is immense, I agree. But I dare say no other QB would have gone 26 for 28 with just as much time. Really. Plus, that fake direct snap last nite was Oscar worthy.

given that no one has that oline, we dont really know, do we? i thought favre had an amazing game.. 8 years older, without that oline and in the blinding snow.. he was 18 out of 23 with 3 tds and no picks. not bad ;)

and oh yes, he is a lot HOTTER then brady ;)

given that no one has that oline, we dont really know, do we? i thought favre had an amazing game.. 8 years older, without that oline and in the blinding snow.. he was 18 out of 23 with 3 tds and no picks. not bad ;)

and oh yes, he is a lot HOTTER then brady ;)

Brady has had some pretty darn great performances in the snow as well, sweetie.

Favre (ESPN'S Lover-Boy) played against Seattle. In case you didn't notice, Seattle really stinks. Oh, and GB's running attack sealed that deal, not the holier than thou, Favre.

And as far as "hotness" goes - check out the Stetson and Smart Water ads that Brady is is and compare them to Favre's wrangler jeans ads and get back to me.....be sure to wear your glasses. :)

ok time out Favre played a very good game yesterday..no need to discount that..both qbs play behind very good O Lines and had good running games to work with. An argument can be made that Seattles defense was a little more aggressive..Favre made some very good calls at the line of scrimmage

People always try to qualify greatness. I remember people who tried to say Montana was great because he had Rice. And then there were people who said Rice was great because he had Montana throwing to him. No, they were both great. Period. Then you put them together and you see broken records and multiple championships.

Brady was great before the Pats line suddenly became the greatest o-line of all time this year. Now, how they became the greatest o-line of all time is another story. If the Pats lose and this golden dream ends, I have a funny feelings they will return to being just a very good o-line again next year. Connect the dots. And you can use zebra stripes.

Brady has had some pretty darn great performances in the snow as well, sweetie.

Favre (ESPN'S Lover-Boy) played against Seattle. In case you didn't notice, Seattle really stinks. Oh, and GB's running attack sealed that deal, not the holier than thou, Favre.

and the pats played jax ;)

and what about maroneys 122 yards? was that not running? :D

and the pats played jax ;)

and what about maroneys 122 yards? was that not running? :D

True. Maroney was great. That said, Jax would KILL Seattle. You know it too.

Perhaps I'm being a homer (most likely) but I truly believe that Brady is better than Favre. If my wish comes true - A Pats/GB SB - we'll see if my thoughts are proven correct.

Honestly, I thought Jax's game plan was silly last nite. Take away the deep ball - which they did - but give 'em the short stuff. You can't do that with Wes Welker in the fold! I don't blame them for not blitzing much because Brady will kill a team that consistently blitzes. Quite frankly, that was a hard-fought game and the team that blinked first was going to lose. Jax blinked (two turn-overs) - that was the difference last night - and the fact that Tom Brady played LIGHTS OUT.

True. Maroney was great. That said, Jax would KILL Seattle. You know it too.

Perhaps I'm being a homer (most likely) but I truly believe that Brady is better than Favre. If my wish comes true - A Pats/GB SB - we'll see if my thoughts are proven correct.

Honestly, I thought Jax's game plan was silly last nite. Take away the deep ball - which they did - but give 'em the short stuff. You can't do that with Wes Welker in the fold! I don't blame them for not blitzing much because Brady will kill a team that consistently blitzes. Quite frankly, that was a hard-fought game and the team that blinked first was going to lose. Jax blinked (two turn-overs) - that was the difference last night - and the fact that Tom Brady played LIGHTS OUT.

actually i was pretty impressed with garrard. with the exception of that bad pick at the end, i thought he played well especially after his lukewarm performance last week ( other then his 4th dwon run) i think he has some good potential.

actually i was pretty impressed with garrard. with the exception of that bad pick at the end, i thought he played well especially after his lukewarm performance last week ( other then his 4th dwon run) i think he has some good potential.

Garrard played real well. The Pats weakness is the pass defense, not the run d, contrary to popular belief. The only team that I think can beat the Pats is Indy. If the Pats D can make Feeley, Boller and Gerrard look like - um - Peyton Manning, what the heck is Peyton Manning 'gonna look like? OY! ;)

Garrard played real well. The Pats weakness is the pass defense, not the run d, contrary to popular belief. The only team that I think can beat the Pats is Indy. If the Pats D can make Feeley, Boller and Gerrard look like - um - Peyton Manning, what the heck is Peyton Manning 'gonna look like? OY! ;)

I actually agree with you Garb! The Colts can outscore the pats-that is the best chance to beat them right now.

I actually agree with you Garb! The Colts can outscore the pats-that is the best chance to beat them right now.

You can't really stop the Pats offense consistently. You have to score more points then them. Indy can do that. Plus, Indy's D is faster than the old dude's in the middle that the Pats have - and the Pats DB's are average at best. I give Indy the edge. Really.

And let's be real, no Gates today means the Chargers have no chance - not that they had much of one anyway.

Fun Fact:

# of 1st round picks on the New England Patriots starting O-line: 1

# of 1st round picks on the New York Jets starting O-line: 2

whoops my bad. Logan Mankins was the 32nd pick in 2005. They have two undrafteds, a 3rd round pick and 2nd round pick at the other positions.

True facts:

They only have 1 undrafted, Steve neal

The Pats OL Is as follows:

Matt Light............ Round 2.... 7 seasons..... all Pats

Logan Mankins.....Round 1.....3rd season.....all Pats

Dan Koppen.........Round 5.....5th Season....all Pats

Steve Neal...........Free Agent..6th Season...all Pats (eagles practice squad for a few)

Nick Kaczur.........Round 3 .....3rd season....all Pats

So they have a first, second, third, fifth round pick along with a free agent. While as you mentioned the Jets have Brick and Mangold who were first rounders, but fill out their offensive line with a ten year vet 2nd rounder in clement, a free agent in Moore, and 2 seventh rounders in Clarke and Montgomery.

Personally I don't think it matters where the players were drafted, but more importantly is the fact that the Pats OL has played together much longer than the Jets who have 3 guys in their second year, moore who has been around for 5 years and clarke and Montgomery who split the year.

The pats o-line was the mvp last night with an honourable mention to the play calling.

Maroney was given massive holes to run through and the jags line was pushed back a fair number of times.Brady obviously had a lot of time to throw too.

Assmop, why do you conveniently forget to mention that Wilfork was being held by the Jax o-line ALL night long. ALL NIGHT LONG. It was pathetic. However, it benefited the Jags - so no one here is 'gonna say anything about it.

Assmop, why do you conveniently forget to mention that Wilfork was being held by the Jax o-line ALL night long. ALL NIGHT LONG. It was pathetic. However, it benefited the Jags - so no one here is 'gonna say anything about it.

ummmm did the pats start anyone of their drives from 5 yd line??

wires had 2 and they scored twice i believe

btw willfat is too fat to rush passer...your point is what again?

ummmm did the pats start anyone of their drives from 5 yd line??

wires had 2 and they scored twice i believe

btw willfat is too fat to rush passer...your point is what again?

Yah, in the first half. Second half they did pretty much squat.

My point is that Wilfork was held all game long - especialy in the first half - which is precisely when they gashed the pats up the middle. Hmmm...interesting, no? Quite frankly, I'm of the belief that ref's make calls and non-calls depending on a players rep. I agree with you there. I also beleive that coaches game plan accordingly. So, DelRio knew he could get away with holding because Fatty has a bad rep - and also knowing Fatty would lose his cool about it eventually - hence the 15 yard penalty on Fatty. Conversely, that silly roughing the passer call on Jax is because of who Tom Brady is. That call would have been made had it been Farve, P. Manning and maybe Romo too. Jon Kitna - not so much.

Archived