I've never been torn between who to root for in the SB...until now!

NIGHT STALKER

Everyday I change my mind on who I should pull for. Since '72, all I've heard from fin fans (and it's especially more so living in the middle of dolfag land) is their undefeated season and how they are the best team ever. Then there's the cheating thing with the Pats and all that comes with that team.

My daughter's boyfriend and family are Giants fans...

Now, of course we have Shula pulling for the Giants so his ****ing perfect season stays in tact.

And of couse Shula not having the Orange Bowl field covered during the night creating the famous "Mud Bowl" in '83...making our running game non-existent.

I wish they would just cancel this game.

NFL | Shula pulling for New York

Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:23:40 -0800

Mike Bianchi, of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports former NFL head coach Don Shula said he will be rooting for the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII, but will be the first one to congratulate the New England Patriots if they win.

I have to give my completely unenthusiastic support to the Giants. I don't know what would be worse, listening to Chowds talking about "pafection" or listening to Vaginant fans talking about beating the undefeated Pats.

It just makes me want to :smilies2_puke:

hey MJ-haven't seen you around the other place that we are both members of...DU...Go Obama

To be honest guys, I've never been so lackadaisical when it came to the super bowl. I could care less who wins and will probably go to Disney this weekend and try to forget about the Jets not being there.

I agree 100 percent.

I hope they kill each other. It is like 1986 all over again being a Yankee fan and having the Mets and the Red Sox in the World Series.

Happily there are very few Vagiant fans here is SC so I haven't had to put up with the crap that most of you do. (Except from my best friend but I have heard that for over 30 years).

Maybe that satellite that is supposedly going to fall from the sky will crash the stadium during the game or something like that.

This sucks

In the grand scheme of life, does it really effect you all that much who wins this game? Pats fans, Giants fans, who will be more annoying, blah, blah, blah...and the only reason I'm posting this is because I just learned that Bob Ryan's son (Long-time Globe Sports scribe and one of the only decent ones left) was just killed in Afganistan. There he is in Pheonix, covering the Pats and he gets this news. Just hits you at the darndest time via the darndest way - but here we are squabbling about what fan base is more annoying - while there are servicemen in the middle east sacrificing their lives for - well, our ability to squabble about what fan base is more annoying.

In the grand scheme of life, does it really effect you all that much who wins this game? Pats fans, Giants fans, who will be more annoying, blah, blah, blah...and the only reason I'm posting this is because I just learned that Bob Ryan's son (Long-time Globe Sports scribe and one of the only decent ones left) was just killed in Afganistan. There he is in Pheonix, covering the Pats and he gets this news. Just hits you at the darndest time via the darndest way - but here we are squabbling about what fan base is more annoying - while there are servicemen in the middle east sacrificing their lives for - well, our ability to squabble about what fan base is more annoying.

This is a football message board - I guess it kinda goes with the territory.

hey MJ-haven't seen you around the other place that we are both members of...DU...Go Obama

I've been hanging around there a bit but I haven't seen you either. And I thought you were an Edwards guy like me?

It sucks that the DNC isn't going to let Florida count for anything, but I think it's pretty screwed up that Clinton wants it to count just because she will probably win.

This is a football message board - I guess it kinda goes with the territory.

True, so true. Thing is, some people REALLY take this stuff seriously when there is REAL serious stuff going on.

Did you know that domestic disturbance calls go up dramatically during and after the SB game. Okay, you got the booze/gambling combo I guess - but I mean, C'mon now! What the heck is wrong with some people!

Or, to a lesser degree, you have posters complaining to the "powers" about a another poster's "arrogance" "annoyance" and general "d-baggery" - all because of.....annoyance on a messageboard?

I guess Jets fans are really concerned about being annoyed. ;)

Like RSJ said in his post, this is a football message board and I was just starting a thread with just that in mind...football.

But, you are 100% right. In the grand scheme of things, football is a joke compared to a lot of other "meaningful" things in life. And giving your life for your country...well, it just doesn't get anymore meaningful than that.

Bob Ryan's life will never be the same...oh, he'll still do his media job, but a big chunk of his life has just been ripped apart...God Bless the Ryan family.

gaveall1dx2.png

True, so true. Thing is, some people REALLY take this stuff seriously when there is REAL serious stuff going on.

Did you know that domestic disturbance calls go up dramatically during and after the SB game. Okay, you got the booze/gambling combo I guess - but I mean, C'mon now! What the heck is wrong with some people!

Or, to a lesser degree, you have posters complaining to the "powers" about a another poster's "arrogance" "annoyance" and general "d-baggery" - all because of.....annoyance on a messageboard?

I guess Jets fans are really concerned about being annoyed. ;)

I agree, people need to take football in general less seriously. If your team winning this sunday is your only concern in life, then I guess you are doing pretty good.

These threads are becoming annoying, seriously. Just pick a team and root for them or else stay neutral and don't watch the game.

So you can't watch the game if you're not going to root for either team? Interesting concept. :rolleyes:

I love the Jets, but I love NY, whoever you root for, you will have to live with its shadow. Now take into consideration, do you hate the Dolphins more than Patriots?, or you rather deal with Giants fans bashing (locally) over the Jets. If the Patriots win, it will give you another reason why to hate them worst, but if the Giants, you will be a proud New Yorker constantly looking over your shoulder.

Archived