Pedro likes ****...

GM

Fighting

NEW YORK (AP) -- A video of New York Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez and Hall of Famer Juan Marichal at a ****fight was posted this week on YouTube.

Martinez and Marichal laugh before releasing the roosters. The two took part as honorary "soltadores," the word used to describe the person who puts the animal to fight.

ADVERTISEMENT

The animal released by Martinez appears to be killed on the video, which was posted Tuesday. The fight takes place in the Coliseo de Gallos (Rooster Coliseum) in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic's biggest ****fighting venue. ****fighting is legal and popular in the Dominican Republic.

Can Michael Vick take his place in the rotation while Pedro is in prison?

That's very unlikely. 1st up Michael Vick is a football player and as far as I know NOT much of a baseball prospect. I can't see him actually trying to pitch at the major league level....hey wait. Oh NOW I get it.......Never mind. :bag:

While I do think it takes a vile human being to take part in any type of animal torture for the purpose of entertaining themselves, nothing will come of this.

Pedro is taking part in what is not only legal in his home country, but is essentially part of his culture if some of what I've been reading about this situation is accurate. When a team goes out and gets a player from another country I'm sure they realize that these types of things will present themselves. Of course if Pedro injures himself early on in ST the Mets can say he's being disciplined and will sit out X amount of starts.

Does anybody here honestly think he'll face any discipline from the league or Minaya?

Just a very stupid thing to do.

When you are an employee of a company, particularly a high profile employee, what you do and where you go reflects on the company.

In the climate that we are currently in (particularly with the Vick story), you have to think about consequences of actions a little more.

No, he will not be punished. Yes, it is a very stupid thing to do.

When you are an employee of a company, particularly a high profile employee, what you do and where you go reflects on the company.

In the climate that we are currently in (particularly with the Vick story), you have to think about consequences of actions a little more.

He can forget getting any endorsements. The animal rights people will rightly target any company foolish enough to hire Martinez. And the Mets may not see it now, but they will catch a ration of sheet over this. Those same people are going to be out in front of Shea, probably every time Pedor pitches(so figure around 4-5 times in August and September). Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right.

Heard on WFAN yesterday that the video is supposidly from 3 years ago so it was well before the Vick story broke.

Many ball players/athletes attend bullfights, and other sports outside the country that some people here might find objectionable. People need to get off their high horses and just mind their business. He did it in a place where it's legal, so tough crap for anyone that doesn't like it. At some point even athletes should have some privacy.

You guys are funny. This forum has some of the most righteous , altar boys ever assembled on this planet. You guys must all part your hair on the side perfectly, and iron your pants and shirts every morning before work. :gfight:

I bet most of you eat at KFC at least once a year. They do worst things to chickens than a c.o.c.k. fighter does to a fighting rooster. I've never seen so many holy sports fans on one forum.

Archived