Andy Pettite Not the Good Guy Anymore

Smizzy

It went from I took it once to get over an injury to I took it 5 times over a spam of 5 years...In Ny and HOU.

Welcome to the woodshed ,Andy. Please pack your **** and go home with the rest of them. I do not want to see you in pinstripes again.

Take Giambi with you.

It went from I took it once to get over an injury to I took it 5 times over a spam of 5 years...In Ny and HOU.

Welcome to the woodshed ,Andy. Please pack your **** and go home with the rest of them. I do not want to see you in pinstripes again.

Take Giambi with you.

God is going to be pissed at him. Guess the good book didnt have a section on HGH...

Take Giambi with you.

If that's the case we should be telling a hell of a lot of people to pack their bags.

At least Andy has come clean................. eventually.

Compared to the charades that Clemens is playing, Andy appears saintly.

Andy is in the unfortunate position of being in a group of players that were identified. Scores of others were not identified, and are allowing the group of 90 or so to take all of the flack.

If you wanted to discount every player who used during the steroid decade and a half, my guess is that you would be looking at as much as half the game.

While Andy did use, I admire his want to come clean, especially when compared to Roger. The comparison between the two is not even close.

Andy Pettite is my favorite yankee. He did it for injury reasons. You guys want him to pack his bags well then who fills in for him. You can pencil him in for 13 wins every season. If he stays healthy he probably get 16 wins. He was the one last yer who went on a tear and in 4 starts he went 4-0 and those were the only yankee wins in that span.

I wonder how many of the guys in this thread, slamming Pettitte/Clemens,etc. for taking illegal drugs, enjoy illegal drugs, themselves.

FU, hypocrites.

It's also hilarious how some like Dierk, talk about Clemens as if they watched him shoot up. There are a lot of people talking out their asses.

I wonder how many of the guys in this thread, slamming Pettitte/Clemens,etc. for taking illegal drugs, enjoy illegal drugs, themselves.

FU, hypocrites.

It's also hilarious how some like Dierk, talk about Clemens as if they watched him shoot up. There are a lot of people talking out their asses.

Here Bob, lets play a little game.

I will come up with a list ofthe INCONSISTENCIES and NON-LOGICAL arguments made by Roger Clemens and his lawyers, and you come up with a list of the CONSISTENCIES and LOGICAL arguments made by Clemens and his lawyer.

I bet you my list will be much longer. And mine will be pretty damning unto itself.

Just because you want to be naive, and stick your head in the sand to a pretty obvious case, does not mean that I have to.

Andy is in the unfortunate position of being in a group of players that were identified. Scores of others were not identified, and are allowing the group of 90 or so to take all of the flack.

If you wanted to discount every player who used during the steroid decade and a half, my guess is that you would be looking at as much as half the game.

While Andy did use, I admire his want to come clean, especially when compared to Roger. The comparison between the two is not even close.

I agree. Smizzy, sorry you are way off on this one. Not only will Andy walk away from this he will forever be held in higher regard.

He was wrong. He admitted that he was wrong. Roger is wrong and is saying that he isn't. That never ends well for people.

A lot of them wanted to talk. Knoblauch wanted to talk. There was a TON of pressure on them not to.

Bob raises a good point. Since I don't use, nor have I ever used, drugs of any sort -- I will continue calling Roger a P.O.S.

I agree, to a point. Andy Pettitte is also a role model for millions of children in New York and Houston, and many other places as well, I assume, and he has to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us common-folk. I am sure in some form we are role models to some people, but to a much lesser extent than what a professional athlete is, whether they want to be or not.

I do agree that taking illegal drugs is wrong and most of them are a detriment to society. And I'd even bet there are a bunch of hypocrites on this board about this topic. However, it isn't just taking the drugs that makes this such a disgrace for the ballplayers, it is also the fact that they are doing it for monetary gain and to enhance and advance their careers. It is usually quite the opposite for most drug users. They are using not for monetary gain (actually losing money in the process) and using drugs in the corporate real world will normally never give you the advantage over someone else.

FU, hypocrites.

How is Andy Pettitte any different than Mark McGuire. Barry Bonds or Jason Giambi? Because he reads the bible?

He's a cheater who threw his friends under the bus in an attempt to keep his own name clean.

His story has changed 5 times since we first heard the chior boy tell us all he only did it because he was injured.

Thats BS. He did it many of times over the years and deserves to labled a cheat like the rest of them.

How is Andy Pettitte any different than Mark McGuire. Barry Bonds or Jason Giambi? Because he reads the bible?

He's a cheater who threw his friends under the bus in an attempt to keep his own name clean.

His story has changed 5 times since we first heard the chior boy tell us all he only did it because he was injured.

Thats BS. He did it many of times over the years and deserves to labled a cheat like the rest of them.

LOL -- how did Andy throw his friends under the bus?

And they are all cheaters. I don't think anyone is saying differently. Andy is just handling himself with class right now. Unlike Roger and Barry.

Word!

Garb, I did drugs in high school and college.

I freely admit this.

I apologize for the people that I hurt along the way.

It was a mistake. It was done for a want to fit in.

In no way did this harm anyone else other than my family that was close to me.

In no manner did these drugs "enahance my performance" or give me any kind of advantage. Just ask my girlfriends during that period. Or, ask any one else who found me repulsive.

I cheated myself. I did not cheat anyone else.

If that somehow makes me a hypocrite, so be it. I just don't feel that you are dealing on the same plane.

I freely admit this.

In no manner did these drugs "enahance my performance" or give me any kind of advantage. Just ask my girlfriends during that period. Or, ask any one else who found me repulsive.

If that somehow makes me a hypocrite, so be it. I just don't feel that you are dealing on the same plane.

I didn't do drugs. I can bash them. You can't.

:rl:

How is smoking pot and taking Steroids the same thing?

You're comparing me smoking pot to a professional athlete taking performance enhancing drugs to gain an advantage.

Me thinks you have your head up your ass.

Smizz, you have got me.

The Clemens apologists are spinning defenses in the same manner Clemens is himself-With no grounding in logic or people's abilty to ferret out the truth for themselves.

How is smoking pot and taking Steroids the same thing?

You're comparing me smoking pot to a professional athlete taking performance enhancing drugs to gain an advantage.

Me thinks you have your head up your ass.

Hey that wasn't my defense. I just ran with it because I wanted to taunt being drug free. Honestly, I couldn't care less what anyone else does.

FU, hypocrites.

I'm sure someone else has responded to this but, this comment made no sense whatsoever so I figure I'd throw in my 2 cents. How in the hell is using a performance enhancing drug the same as me or anyone else using a recreational drug? Sure they're illegal, that's where the similarities end. I'm not going to go into why its 2 different stories as anyone with an ounce of common sense can differentiate. Another thing if I got caught doping, I sure as hell wouldn't say the goods belonged to my wife.

Comparing using steroids to gain a competitive advantage and using recreational drugs for perceived personal "benefit" are like comparing apples and oranges. No one's ever smoked marijuana to get a raise at their job. No one's ever shot up heroin to win the World Series. Players aren't taking steroids for the "rush." They're taking them so they can get more money and more of a legacy, ultimately.

I freely admit this.

That posts of mine goes WAY beyond anything written on this baseball forum, man.

Andy cheated. Just because he is sorry now because he got caught doesnt clear his name.

I personally dont care who did steroids or HGH. Does identifying the players and having them talk about it solve or fix anything? No it doesnt. Baseball goes on.

Its time we put this behind us and move on and enjoy the new season. And they need to put rules in place that is so severe that the players wont ever think of using steroids or HGH. Minimum 2 years ban for the first offense. 2nd offense is a lifetime ban.

:sign0098: This post sums up my feelings exactly. Andy admitted it right away , Clemens is just digging a huge hole for himself.

FU, hypocrites.

:roll:

Andy cheated. Just because he is sorry now because he got caught doesnt clear his name.

I personally dont care who did steroids or HGH. Does identifying the players and having them talk about it solve or fix anything? No it doesnt. Baseball goes on.

Its time we put this behind us and move on and enjoy the new season. And they need to put rules in place that is so severe that the players wont ever think of using steroids or HGH. Minimum 2 years ban for the first offense. 2nd offense is a lifetime ban.

Talking about it and understanding what went on, or can happen is VERY VERY important. Just because you don't want to hear about it doesn't make it not important.

I have 2 boys, 8 and 10 years old who see what is going on. This mess has given me the opportunityh to talk to them about drugs and steroids. It has allowed them to see something in teh news related to high profile athletes who screwed themselves up by trying to take a shortcut.

And what is happening to all the players implicated, especially the Bonds', Pettites' and Clemenns' of the world, for other players to see what they are having to go through, and hopefully that serves a strong deterent.

You just want to "put rules in place" it is not that easy. The players union has fought "rules". It is taking talking about all of this in order to "fix" it.

Sorry, that is what it is taking to "fix" it. Not sweeping it under a rug.

Talking about it and understanding what went on, or can happen is VERY VERY important. Just because you don't want to hear about it doesn't make it not important.

I have 2 boys, 8 and 10 years old who see what is going on. This mess has given me the opportunityh to talk to them about drugs and steroids. It has allowed them to see something in teh news related to high profile athletes who screwed themselves up by trying to take a shortcut.

And what is happening to all the players implicated, especially the Bonds', Pettites' and Clemenns' of the world, for other players to see what they are having to go through, and hopefully that serves a strong deterent.

You just want to "put rules in place" it is not that easy. The players union has fought "rules". It is taking talking about all of this in order to "fix" it.

Sorry, that is what it is taking to "fix" it. Not sweeping it under a rug.

Scott I am sorry but that post means nothing to me because of your checkered past. Sorry but I have to be honest.

:rl:

Archived