Colvin Cut By Pats

Garb

Their average age just jumped up a decade.

was colvin splipping or what?

He was having his best year yet (as a Pat) this year - and then boom - IR'ed. This guy has some difficulty staying healthy and his injuries are always severe - remember the hip issue? Anyway, he's 30 and his cap number was ridiculous. So, say "stay a while" Randy - is my guess.....but geez, I have a mlb (seau) who is 39 and another (bruschi) who is 36....Vrable and Thomas are 30.....and who knows if seau or bruschi are even coming back? There must be a contingency plan here - otherwise I'll be seeing a lot of pierre woods getting his arse kicked like he did in the sb.

There is literally a possibility that the only MLB the pats will have on the roster by the end of this month - is Larry frickin' Izzo. What the heck?

I wonder if this means they're going to try to trade up to get Gholston. They're leaving themselves very thin at the LB position.

Knowing the Pats, they'll be signing a veteran. If Gholston falls to them, they might take him, but i could never see belichek drafting a first round linebacker, let alone moving up to do so. (unless he thought he had the second coming of LT...which could be the case)

this makes no sense to me at all

Colvin was Best LB on team IMO

Pats probably wanted him to redo contract and my guess is he told them to

pound salt.

Sign him up asap.

Vrable is the Pats' best lb, imo. But damn, Colvin sure was missed in the SB. Pierre Woods? I thought I was dreaming - oops, having a nightmare, I mean.

Vrabel's play slipped badly during last 8 games

Colvin played real well last year and maybe he would like to get back at

pats

i think he could be an asset if healthy, but his health is a MAJOY question mark. however i could see him signing with the jets out of revenge. how big of a market do you guys think there will be for him? what kind of salary will he command?

Vrable is the Pats' best lb, imo. But damn, Colvin sure was missed in the SB. Pierre Woods? I thought I was dreaming - oops, having a nightmare, I mean.

Vrable is 33 Colvin is 30 i think?

I think Vrable may be starting to hit the wall, he was not same player

in second half of season.

Vrable is 33 Colvin is 30 i think?

I think Vrable may be starting to hit the wall, he was not same player

in second half of season.

Trust me, Vrable is the the best LB on the Pats - although I have strong hopes that Thomas will be going forward.

Colvin would start on jets IMO

what was his injury?, never saw official injury, i thouht it was a foot.

Well, lets see, he has a surgically rescontructed hip and word is that he just had surgery to put his foot together again. That said, I still think he would be a great asset to the Jets - heck, he knows how to play in the 3-4, and seeing that Mangini stays true to his system, not the players strengths, I say taking a look-see here is a no-brainer.

Well, lets see, he has a surgically rescontructed hip and word is that he just had surgery to put his foot together again. That said, I still think he would be a great asset to the Jets - heck, he knows how to play in the 3-4, and seeing that Mangini stays true to his system, not the players strengths, I say taking a look-see here is a no-brainer.

I'd agree. Give him a little less and promise him more with good play. Jets love to do that. I wonder if anyone is catching on yet.

Wow, IMO this is a big enough loss for thr Pats, Colvin was having a pretty good year until he got hurt IIRC. Hopefullynow Seau and Brushci retire to totally F up their LB core.

When a player is cut, is it really a loss? That usually means that said player is not playing up to his salary.

Archived